If you wake do you get up at night!

BwBunny said:
Sorry to heard that, my problem is actually the opposite.

I almost never wake up in time. But if I do, then my mental block kicks in and hinders me from wetting my nighttime nappies while awake.

It mostly ends with me just getting up and to do it in the toilet like a big girl...

But sometimes I get back to sleep, wetting myself the old fashioned way; in my sleep...
I'm sorry to hear that too! Equally frustrating, but for different reasons!

Mine still happens more in my sleep than waking me up, though. Which I always hated until I found out being woken up is almost as bad! At this point, aside from not having these problems at all, I'd rather just have it happen when I'm asleep. If I'm going to be in a diaper anyway, I'd rather get my sleep.

Reactions: Edgewater and BwBunny
Pantyman said:
I wear diapers every night to bed because of occasional bedwetting. There are times where I will wake up having to go to the bathroom but choose instead to lay there and wet myself laying down in my nice diaper. If you wake up and have to go, do you get up and go or do you just use your diaper for which intended purposes. I will say that when I was staying at a relative's house just because of the fact I didn't want a possible leak. When I did wake up I did get up and use the bathroom.
It did take a while to get used to AND find a diaper combination that doesn’t leak.,Now, I still seem to wake up when I have to pee but instead of getting out of bed I just lie on my back, let go and enjoy and fall back to sleep.,Feels good waking up wet!

Reactions: nectar0001 and Edgewater
newt said:
I'm sorry to hear that too! Equally frustrating, but for different reasons!

Mine still happens more in my sleep than waking me up, though. Which I always hated until I found out being woken up is almost as bad! At this point, aside from not having these problems at all, I'd rather just have it happen when I'm asleep. If I'm going to be in a diaper anyway, I'd rather get my sleep.

I agree,
Since I'm still a bedwetter, I'm kind of used to it anyways. Nappies and all...

Reactions: newt and Edgewater
I’m very fortunate to not be incontinent, but on the occasions when I wear a nappy to bed it’s for comfort and to ensure a restful and comfortable night’s sleep. So, although I always wake up if I need go during the night, if I am in nappies I always wet myself.

I deal with nocturia and usually need to get up 3-4 times a night. I've tried wearing diapers to bed but it has not worked to alleviate any symptoms, as I still wake up and I struggle to actually use the product laying down. I more often than not will just use the bathroom instead. I think the main reason I can't go laying down is also the cause of my OAB problems, an obstructed flow. My body just does not agree with releasing that way unless I use a lot of force.

• Thinking
Reactions: Pino, NorthwestDiaperDude and BwBunny
mirrored22 said:
I deal with nocturia and usually need to get up 3-4 times a night. I've tried wearing diapers to bed but it has not worked to alleviate any symptoms, as I still wake up and I struggle to actually use the product laying down. I more often than not will just use the bathroom instead. I think the main reason I can't go laying down is also the cause of my OAB problems, an obstructed flow. My body just does not agree with releasing that way unless I use a lot of force.
I hear ya brother, same here, can't go in my nappy while awake in the bed. I don't have any OAB to blame or a obstructive flow. Probably the opposite. I can really flood at night. Heavy wetter due to lack of vasopressin and some miscommunication between my brain and bladder while I sleep. Did a ton of sleep studies 15 years ago, then I gave up, accepted my faith and here we are... Still being a bedwetter with primary nocturnal enuresis... And it still kind of sucks...

Reactions: Pino and Wetshisbed
Pantyman said:
I wear diapers every night to bed because of occasional bedwetting. There are times where I will wake up having to go to the bathroom but choose instead to lay there and wet myself laying down in my nice diaper. If you wake up and have to go, do you get up and go or do you just use your diaper for which intended purposes. I will say that when I was staying at a relative's house just because of the fact I didn't want a possible leak. When I did wake up I did get up and use the bathroom.
IM a bonified bedwetter so I am usually wet by morning, on rare occasions I wake up for other reasons and will go potty just cause Im up, but normally it all goes into try diaper.

babyscotty37 said:
I've always used bed pads at home, and when I travel, in case of leaks.
Although I have moderate to severe urge urinary IC, I will try to get to the bathroom most times at home if needed. But yet, there are times I'm in my little space and I choose to wet, even if it is possible to get to the bathroom.
I'm not a bedwetter, and I always feel the need to go just before I am unable to stop the flow. I was an AB, or headed that way at four years of age, but in 1999 I had major lumbar fusion reconstruction that left me with a strong urge IC. It was a mixed bag at first, sorting out my AB side with all of a sudden having to need diapers.
i dont get up i feel better and sleep better once im wet

When my bladder wakes me up I just use a nappy. Saves three trips to the bathroom.

Reactions: Edgewater
PadPhilosopher said:
Can you not find a product that saves you from having to get out of bed anyway? Maybe a booster for night time?
Hi there
I wear the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit adult nappies which are plastic backed and I get them supplied FOC by the NHS. The Maxi is the most absorbent Tena Slip they do and I get those on special order as they recently changed to a different brand which were useless. I’ve have used Tena Slip nappies for over 35 years! They do do a more absorbent one - the Ultima - but that is not available as it is too expensive I expect. They are also too bulky for me to wear during the day time as I am UIC 24/7. I probably only wake up a couple of times a month. The rest of the time I sleep through.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
If I do wake up it probably depends on what time it is and if I can make it. If it's 4am, then my diaper and go back to sleep. If it's 7am, then the race is on. I usually lose, but I'll try.

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
diane said:
i dont get up i feel better and sleep better once im wet
I sleep better when wet too. I always have.

• Thinking
Reactions: Napincolove and PadPhilosopher
I’ll usually get up unless I’m wearing full protection to bed in which case I’ll stay in bed. I’ll do this especially when I’m sick

Reactions: PadPhilosopher
mirrored22 said:
I do know that problem when i "experimented" with that. Sometimes it happens even when i stand up and get to the toilet in time, my pelvic floor will be like concrete resulting in a complete retention. The OAB during sleep causes the pelvic floor to tighten up to a point where it gets problematic, and when still in bed it will not get loose at any cost most times. One reason i do not use diapers at night as a solution.
This happens not when lying in the bed during daytime, i am not at sleep than, but not able to move because of PEM.
My bladder will just let go, no control here and the pelvic floor will sometimes try to hold but most times not successful. I think because i am conscious at that moment the urge happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: mirrored22, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
Not to put a finer point on it, but I woke up around 3am to pee and by the time I was out of bed I was already peeing, so I finished the job and did a quick diaper change

I seldom wake during the night. I sleep soundly in nappies and usually wake in the morning refreshed from a great nights sleep with either a wet nappy or sometime a wet bed as well. To be brutally honest I would rather wet the bed and get a good night's sleep.

Reactions: babyscotty37, PadPhilosopher, princessarya and 1 other person
Wetshisbed said:
I seldom wake during the night. I sleep soundly in nappies and usually wake in the morning refreshed from a great nights sleep with either a wet nappy or sometime a wet bed as well. To be brutally honest I would rather wet the bed and get a good night's sleep.
Once I started semi regularly wetting the bed I was legitimately surprised how much better I was sleeping on days I woke up wet

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Wetshisbed
nope

Back