If anybody has any questions relating to coding or computer problems, feel free to message me!

SwedishAMAZING said:
Hmmmmm bad mindset already lol

Never work for money, especially in this industry.

simpl+ is easy to start learning, but it can get difficult later on, as some things are unclear and wotn explain easily.

Im not sure on how high the demand is for it.

I make 90k yearly for what i do, plus 20k side cash for other things i do.

I think if you want to start out eith absolutely no prior knowledge, learn html, css and Javascript, and php. I learned all three by the age of 14, and had my first website online at 15.

Those languages are very good to start out with, as they are very versatile and fun to use.

Best of luck to you!
the kind of properties i have to do things for usually have crestron/lutron control systems but its not that often we actually need programming done and i do many other things that consume time so maybe learning to do the programming myself isnt that worthwhile. would just be nice to be able to say.. add control of a curtain or tv to a system without having to have someone else do it. when i sit and look at the screen (they work remotly while we are in the property) it dosnt look that complex to do, aside from knowing the programming language in the first place.

SwedishAMAZING said:
I do fullstack web dev, and make games with java or Javascript
Java days must be limited following Oracle’s licensing change for using their Java runtime

Nice!
Are you familiar with raspberry pi, HomeAssistant?
I´m struggling with ConbeeII. Cant get the firmware to connect.
Any idea?

Blekyss said:
Nice!
Are you familiar with raspberry pi, HomeAssistant?
I´m struggling with ConbeeII. Cant get the firmware to connect.
Any idea?
I will private message youas soon as im available to help!

SwedishAMAZING said:
Im a programmer but i also do some freelance stuff
Might I perhaps point you towards a post in the blogs section about the snugglewet/bedwetter that LainisLain is working on (there are two threads one is more hardware related), he seems to have a lot of it covered but more hands and input/ideas could create something amazing.

Belarin said:
Might I perhaps point you towards a post in the blogs section about the snugglewet/bedwetter that LainisLain is working on (there are two threads one is more hardware related), he seems to have a lot of it covered but more hands and input/ideas could create something amazing.
Ok, thank you!

When I click the E the google comes up, but when I click the google the MSN comes up, what do????

jk... Everyone knows the E is the #1 browser [for installing another browser]

electricBread said:
Out of interest, what role do you have for your position in the game company?
I'm horrified to admit: I went through all the video games in the '80s and kicked ass on Arkanoid (yeah, your thinking loser!). I had people behind me watching because I got to the highest levels there! (I like the purple ones the best, amongst other things. Anyone with attention problems wouldn't get there quickly with all the craziness). Hell, if I know what's going on now! Beats me!!

BUT: I was at "Target" yesterday looking for some old "Video Games" and couldn't find anything. Then I browsed what people were playing/doing/interested in. I noticed a lot of "Anime" stuff, and although I like "PokeMon," I don't at all know the other characters advertised in all the different game sections, other than Mario, etc.

So, there you go. I guess "loser?" but yet, not. I didn't get into it. Back then, I was riding my horses, camping, going out to crazy bars, etc., with eccentric friends, etc., etc., because IT WAS THE '80s thing for me when I was a teen/youngster. I mixed my two worlds, actually 4. yikes!

Wondercrinkee said:
I'm horrified to admit: I went through all the video games in the '80s and kicked ass on Arkanoid (yeah, your thinking loser!). I had people behind me watching because I got to the highest levels there! (I like the purple ones the best, amongst other things. Anyone with attention problems wouldn't get there quickly with all the craziness). Hell, if I know what's going on now! Beats me!!

BUT: I was at "Target" yesterday looking for some old "Video Games" and couldn't find anything. Then I browsed what people were playing/doing/interested in. I noticed a lot of "Anime" stuff, and although I like "PokeMon," I don't at all know the other characters advertised in all the different game sections, other than Mario, etc.

So, there you go. I guess "loser?" but yet, not. I didn't get into it. Back then, I was riding my horses, camping, going out to crazy bars, etc., with eccentric friends, etc., etc., because IT WAS THE '80s thing for me when I was a teen/youngster. I mixed my two worlds, actually 4. yikes!
May i send you to a link where you can download old ass games to ur phone? I play alot of n64 games on my phone. Google "ROM DOWNLOAD"+whatever game you played back in the day :) i can send link if you want

Belarin said:
Im not well versed in hardware, but software i can help with. Thank you for the link!

SwedishAMAZING said:
May i send you to a link where you can download old ass games to ur phone? I play alot of n64 games on my phone. Google "ROM DOWNLOAD"+whatever game you played back in the day :) i can send link if you want
Just tell me a game, and a system. I will send you links to get them

Reactions: Woncrinklz
SwedishAMAZING said:
Oh, my GOD! That would be cool, but my phone has a screwed-up use of memory. But I am who I am at Gmail...? You'd really be a GOD. 🤗🤔🤭

SwedishAMAZING said:
you can also try searching "abandonware" to find downloads of old games that are no longer supported/maintained by the devs.

Technically downloading either oms or abandonware is still illegal unless you physically own an original but in the case of abandonware you are unlikely to ever hear anything about it. For their to be a lawsuit the company that produced the game must be willing to press for it, the copyright still exists even if a developer comes out and publicly states they are abandoning a particular game and don't care if it is downloaded, but if they consider a game to have run it's course, have no plans to continue with it and technically have abandoned it then you probably wont encounter problems.

Belarin said:
you can also try searching "abandonware" to find downloads of old games that are no longer supported/maintained by the devs.

Technically downloading either oms or abandonware is still illegal unless you physically own an original but in the case of abandonware you are unlikely to ever hear anything about it. For their to be a lawsuit the company that produced the game must be willing to press for it, the copyright still exists even if a developer comes out and publicly states they are abandoning a particular game and don't care if it is downloaded, but if they consider a game to have run it's course, have no plans to continue with it and technically have abandoned it then you probably wont encounter problems.
The rights to use the roms for personal use are secured by the company who gives away roms. If i were to monetize the roms, then legal trouble will be on the way. Could we speak more of this?

SwedishAMAZING said:
The rights to use the roms for personal use are secured by the company who gives away roms. If i were to monetize the roms, then legal trouble will be on the way. Could we speak more of this?
That would be a different scenario, if the company that published an old game decides to release a copy or rom for it with no charge then yes it would be covered and legal to download and play buy anyone, of course if someone was to try and monetise that then they would be in trouble however, how you access/use that rom can be controlled by the publisher too.
So imagine Nintendo released a free app you could download on your phone that was basically an emulator and a bunch of roms (a bit like they have on switch) if you were to take the roms from that put them on your pc to use with a different emulator you would be breaking the law as you are using protected material in a way that was not intended.

On the other hand if the publisher were not involved with creating and distributing the rom and you were to just download one that somebody else has ripped, that is piracy and illegal but how likely you are to get in trouble for it depends a lot on region and publisher discretion. In many cases the companies that made the game no longer exist or don't care about the game but it is still up to the owner of the IP if they press charges.

Then It really becomes tricky because...
There is the truly grey and fuzzy area of law called "fair usage" where you can argue that if you own a working snes and a bunch of working cartridges for it, you should be within your fair usage rights to download an emulator and rom (or rip your own rom) for the games you have so that you can play them on other devices in a way that suits you. Depending on where in the world you live you might just be able to get away with that because you can be said to already own/have purchased them and you are only making copies for personal backup/use, like many people do with CD's. However if you download a rom you don't own the original for it is illegal and if your physical items (in this case a snes and carts) break or you sell/get rid of them some countries/states will require you to delete copies of the roms as well.

There is a lot of discussion and confusion on the topic but it basically boils down to whomever owns the copyright can decide how it is made available until the copyright expires (usually 75-125 years in the US).

Hello There. I am old and therefore, pathetic. My Wife explained PowerPoint to me five times and I still don't get it. I can't figure out the difference between Instagram and Tik Tok. I mean, aren't they pretty much the same thing?

I was on Twitter twice. Still don't get it.

Anyway, I could REALLY use some advice here. Simple I know, but hey, I'm just a simple guy. Who you know, likes diapers and baby stuff. Completely normal.

How DOES one create, is that the right word, an Avatar? Apparently, it is required around these parts. Having only joined a week ago, I really need to know this stuff. Still learning about everything. So, while the film, "Avatar" was a crushing bore of horrible length and I would rather be spanked by Mommy for refusing to view it ever again.....How does one do an avatar? If I could get some VERY, SIMPLE, BASIC, LIKE YOU WOULD EXPLAIN IT TO YOUR GREAT GRANDMOTHER instructions, um, yeah. That would be great, mmmk? Thanks.

I have met so many wonderful people here. This place ROCKS!

StrawDogs said:
Hello There. I am old and therefore, pathetic. My Wife explained PowerPoint to me five times and I still don't get it. I can't figure out the difference between Instagram and Tik Tok. I mean, aren't they pretty much the same thing?

I was on Twitter twice. Still don't get it.

Anyway, I could REALLY use some advice here. Simple I know, but hey, I'm just a simple guy. Who you know, likes diapers and baby stuff. Completely normal.

How DOES one create, is that the right word, an Avatar? Apparently, it is required around these parts. Having only joined a week ago, I really need to know this stuff. Still learning about everything. So, while the film, "Avatar" was a crushing bore of horrible length and I would rather be spanked by Mommy for refusing to view it ever again.....How does one do an avatar? If I could get some VERY, SIMPLE, BASIC, LIKE YOU WOULD EXPLAIN IT TO YOUR GREAT GRANDMOTHER instructions, um, yeah. That would be great, mmmk? Thanks.

I have met so many wonderful people here. This place ROCKS!
You came to the right place my friend. I have quite a bit of experience explaining things to the "technologically impaired" :)

Here, I've included pictures, for you to see what I'm doing.

First, scroll up (that is, move up, go up) to the very top of where you are right now. It should look something similar to this:
2022-05-21-05-59-37.png

Now, click (select) the little image right where I've circled for you in red. When you do, it will look something like this:

2022-05-21-06-00-00.png

Next, all you need to do is click (select) the big image I've circled in red. For you, it will be a great big "S". Once you click (select) the big "S", it will look something like this :

2022-05-21-06-00-33.png

Once you see this little menu, all you need to do is click (select) the button I've drawn a red arrow to. When you do this, it might look different for you than I've pictured in this next picture:
2022-05-21-06-01-33.png

Now, what you will do is pick a picture that you have on your phone or computer (whichever you are using at the moment). For me, on my phone, this is what I did: 2022-05-21-06-02-00.png
Once you pick a picture you like (make it a fun one!), select it and that should be it. I chose the little guy I circled in red above. I clicked him and then selected him, and when that was all done, this is what I saw:
2022-05-21-06-18-12.png
Now just click (select) the "okay" button I've pointed to with a red arrow. After that's done, admire your brand new avatar (profile picture, a picture of you, or a pet, or of a diaper, anything, that is kinda a face to what your saying online; it represents you, makes you memorable)

That should be all :)

And by the way, TikTok is just short, moslty funny videos, and is easier to use. Instagram is mostly more serious videos, I believe. Twitter is simply posting short messages to a publicly visible place, similar to this website. And I don't like PowerPoint, never will. ;) Avatar was a long film, wasn't it?

Thank you for the question, let me know if I didn't explain something simply enough, or if you have any more questions. Good luck!

Last edited:
That was incredibly informative, yet at the same time, somewhat condescending. I don't know whether to thank you or send someone over to give you a good spanking. Seriously, this is the most fun I've had since telling my Grandmother, "No Grandma. Email is actually ON the computer." Still doesn't let you off the hook for a good, solid spanking. Expect a knock at your door from someone in the near future. I would be willing to take requests.

• Haha
Reactions: SwedishAMAZING
StrawDogs said:
That was incredibly informative, yet at the same time, somewhat condescending. I don't know whether to thank you or send someone over to give you a good spanking. Seriously, this is the most fun I've had since telling my Grandmother, "No Grandma. Email is actually ON the computer." Still doesn't let you off the hook for a good, solid spanking. Expect a knock at your door from someone in the near future. I would be willing to take requests.
You said explain it to my great grandmother :D

Good to know.

Back