I need help.

siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Over the years of accepting my little side I come to know my self.

As a Little I like to dress very colourful. This is a picture of my dungarees.

81audYG0j1L._AC_UL1500_.jpg

My shoes when I have to wear them.

360x360@1632237285221193994f.png

Anyway you get the idea.

Now I have seen a dress I should like.

1644675135621.jpg

But it's not sold in my size I need a 38 wast.

What can I do to make it fit me.. I really like this dress and would go to Littles event in it. And it matters my nails.

nails 1.jpg

Any advice I would appreciate thank you.

Hugs

• Love
Reactions: rbm, ScarletRoseRapier, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
Yeah I'm 38 waist 2 XL fits me from lolitain and 3xl fits me from little for big

Definitely NOT - ONE SIZE FITS ALL !

You did notice that the waist of that dress is HIGH - higher than your pants waist - maybe at the navel
With the fit on that model I suspect that the dress fastens with a zipper panel at the back - the neck
line does not betray a degree of elastic (pull-on/over). There is bit of elastic in the waist
Your best solution would be to find a bolt of fabric and have one custom made - I don't see much in
altering this design even if you could find a larger size.
One must know the limitations of how dresses (or even skirts) fit relative to the male frame -
Little-for-Big does well here with stretchy fabric proportioned to the unisex frame.

And you sure like a CLASH of colors - a sort of court jester - certainly will not go UNnoticed !

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, stuckin60s, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
siysiy said:

View attachment 71486

View attachment 71487

Anyway you get the idea.

View attachment 71488

What can I do to make it fit me.. I really like this dress and would go to Littles event in it. And it matters my nails.

View attachment 71489

Hugs
Love your choices, sorry don't have a clue what to tell u to do!!!

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, siysiy and chrischrischris
The sizing charts you see on sites may just be one that they decided to use and doesn’t fit the clothes. I’ve seen the same chart used for different lines of clothes.

the dress might have been pinned in the back to make it look better. That is a common trick in photography.

you can always get a sewing machine to make or alter your clothes.

Reactions: chrischrischris and siysiy
Seasonedcitizen said:
The sizing charts you see on sites may just be one that they decided to use and doesn’t fit the clothes. I’ve seen the same chart used for different lines of clothes.

the dress might have been pinned in the back to make it look better. That is a common trick in photography.

you can always get a sewing machine to make or alter your clothes.
Yea I could try. Little me and a sewing machine and no supervision. What could go wrong. Hee, hee.

How hard would be to take out the waste of a dress. I am seriously thinking of getting the extra large size and see what I can do.

You never know it might fit me LoL

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and chrischrischris
babylock1 said:

You did notice that the waist of that dress is HIGH - higher than your pants waist - maybe at the navel
With the fit on that model I suspect that the dress fastens with a zipper panel at the back - the neck
line does not betray a degree of elastic (pull-on/over). There is bit of elastic in the waist
Your best solution would be to find a bolt of fabric and have one custom made - I don't see much in
altering this design even if you could find a larger size.
One must know the limitations of how dresses (or even skirts) fit relative to the male frame -
Little-for-Big does well here with stretchy fabric proportioned to the unisex frame.

And you sure like a CLASH of colors - a sort of court jester - certainly will not go UNnoticed !
I disagree, that dress definitely looks like a T-Shirt material, so definitely a stretchy one.
siysiy said:
Yea I could try. Little me and a sewing machine and no supervision. What could go wrong. Hee, hee.

How hard would be to take out the waste of a dress. I am seriously thinking of getting the extra large size and see what I can do.

You never know it might fit me LoL
You know, that could be a fun tie dye project. Get a white dress in your size, grab a tie dye kit, and go ham. It is always more difficult to add width to a dress than to take it in. But with this particular one, one - you might be lucky and have it be stretchy enough to wear without alerations, or two: This is what I would do if I had to absolutely alter it. The skirt is gathered at the waist, which means you have some extra material there. So now your main problem will be the bodice. If the waist doesn't fit you, I would first seam rip the bodice from the skirt. The sleeves may be an issue depending on how wide your shoulders are, so you might need to remove them entirely and widen the armholes. (We'll get back to those in a bit.) The easiest place to add width is the back or the side seams, I'll go with back because that will give you more shoulder room as well. Now, you will need some white jersey, either get some at a fabric store or cannibalize a white t-shirt that you are okay with cutting up. Now, cut the back open straight down the middle. Jersey doesn't fray, so don't worry about the edges fraying, but I would fold the cut edges inward once and stitch them down (make sure to use an elastic stitch like a short zig zag stitch!). You could add a lace up detail now, but you'd need eyelets for that and those don't typically hold well in jersey. So what I would do is add bows between the edges. Just sew some strips of white jersey into tubes the length of however much you want to widen the shirt, pin into place, and sew, then add some smaller tubes in the middle to make it look like a bow. Make sure to add one right at the neckline and also maybe a strip of jersey right at the bottom where the skirt will attach. Then re-gather the skirt and sew it to your new bodice. For the sleeves, I will have to come back, I need to go to orchestra practice now. Toodeloo!

Schwanensee said:
But with this particular one, one - you might be lucky and have it be stretchy enough to wear without alerations, or two: This is what I would do if I had to absolutely alter it. The skirt is gathered at the waist, which means you have some extra material there. So now your main problem will be the bodice. If the waist doesn't fit you, I would first seam rip the bodice from the skirt. The sleeves may be an issue depending on how wide your shoulders are, so you might need to remove them entirely and widen the armholes. (We'll get back to those in a bit.) The easiest place to add width is the back or the side seams, I'll go with back because that will give you more shoulder room as well. Now, you will need some white jersey, either get some at a fabric store or cannibalize a white t-shirt that you are okay with cutting up. Now, cut the back open straight down the middle. Jersey doesn't fray, so don't worry about the edges fraying, but I would fold the cut edges inward once and stitch them down (make sure to use an elastic stitch like a short zig zag stitch!). You could add a lace up detail now, but you'd need eyelets for that and those don't typically hold well in jersey. So what I would do is add bows between the edges. Just sew some strips of white jersey into tubes the length of however much you want to widen the shirt, pin into place, and sew, then add some smaller tubes in the middle to make it look like a bow. Make sure to add one right at the neckline and also maybe a strip of jersey right at the bottom where the skirt will attach. Then re-gather the skirt and sew it to your new bodice. For the sleeves, I will have to come back, I need to go to orchestra practice now. Toodeloo!
Okay, back for sleeve alterations: You could do the same thing as I described for the back, cut it open along the middle and add bows. But, since you will already need more fabric (or an old white shirt), you could add white puffed sleeves - that could also be handy since the shoulders will be a bit narrow for normal sleeves, but for puffed sleeves you generally want the shoulder seam to be a tad inset. You can use the original sleeves as a pattern piece, and then follow a tutorial online for how to alter a regular sleeve pattern to be a puffed sleeve - there are many tutorials online, and it would probably be easier for you to look up a video instead of having me trying to describe it here.
If you want to go this route and need a bit more guidance, feel free to send a pm :)

Schwanensee said:
Okay, back for sleeve alterations: You could do the same thing as I described for the back, cut it open along the middle and add bows. But, since you will already need more fabric (or an old white shirt), you could add white puffed sleeves - that could also be handy since the shoulders will be a bit narrow for normal sleeves, but for puffed sleeves you generally want the shoulder seam to be a tad inset. You can use the original sleeves as a pattern piece, and then follow a tutorial online for how to alter a regular sleeve pattern to be a puffed sleeve - there are many tutorials online, and it would probably be easier for you to look up a video instead of having me trying to describe it here.
If you want to go this route and need a bit more guidance, feel free to send a pm :)
thank you I think I will try this out. If I got a t-shirt that was already tidied it could work and I could add pockets.

siysiy said:
thank you I think I will try this out. If I got a t-shirt that was already tidied it could work and I could add pockets.
Yes! Pockets are a must to hide snacks!

Edit: It could be cool if you find a shirt that's the same colours. Otherwise I think you could pick any of the colours in the dress - pink, blue, green, whatever you can find - and just add some solid colour pieces.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
babylock1 said:

You did notice that the waist of that dress is HIGH - higher than your pants waist - maybe at the navel.
Indeed! All girls' and women's dresses have high waistlines, usually at the bottom of the ribcage. That's way different than a guy's waistline, which is below the navel. Aloha! 🌴🥥🏄‍♂️🏄‍♀️🥳

BobbiSueEllen said:
Indeed! All girls' and women's dresses have high waistlines, usually at the bottom of the ribcage. That's way different than a guy's waistline, which is below the navel. Aloha! 🌴🥥🏄‍♂️🏄‍♀️🥳
And some is bellow his 😉😂😂😂if they’re chunky

• Wow
parcelboy2 said:
And some is bellow his 😉😂😂😂if they’re chunky
*ahem* Tod-duh-lers are chunky! *stomps foot* It's "baby fat" an' all babies have baby fat! It's cute!!! *pouts* 😠🤭

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: KittyninjaW, Schwanensee and NappiedTruckDriver
BobbiSueEllen said:
*ahem* Tod-duh-lers are chunky! *stomps foot* It's "baby fat" an' all babies have baby fat! It's cute!!! *pouts* 😠🤭
Going slightly off thread, but working with toddler sewing patterns recently, I've noticed that a lot of them curve down a lot at the front to account for that cute chunkiness! (and dresses have waistlines waaaaaay high up, so the skirt floofs out above the chunk, even higher than this dress :p)

• Love
So in other words beware of that mid-riff bulge even though it is a natural for developing toddlers babies and adult cuties !

• Love
Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver and BobbiSueEllen
Ebay sell a lot of things, I'm sure you'll find it.

• Thinking
siysiy said:

View attachment 71486

View attachment 71487

Anyway you get the idea.

View attachment 71488

View attachment 71489

Hugs
Hi, what have you decided to do with your nails? maybe this will give you an idea ;

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and BobbiSueEllen
Christine99 said:
Hi, what have you decided to do with your nails? maybe this will give you an idea ;
Hi and thank you for the link.

When I am going to a play event with other Littles. I'm usually allowed to paint my nails bright colours.. my favourite is this blue then I paint a glitter top coat over the top.

1646712007154.jpg

My Big doesn't like the smell when I have just painted them but it soon goes off..

Does your caregiver paint your nails or do you do it.?

I also do nail transfers for special events like the batman movie, or Spiderman.

1646712126331.jpg

20211217_124256.jpg

For somththing like pride I'm probably go with rainbow nails stick-ons.

nails 1.jpg

My big likes me to have s because there isn't a risk of me making a mess with L paint and it doesn't smell.

If he doesn't want me to make a mess and he should paint them for me and and not be such a fuss pot, that's what I think. Hee,hee

The problem I found with the stick-on nails is they will come off if you don't use enough glue. And if you do use a lot of glue it takes alot to take them off when you have to pretend to be an adult.

I hope to be able to get my dress with the pocket money I get for being good and Adulting at work, this month also some make up to practice with. So I will keep you all updated.

Hugs

Attachments

• nails 1.jpg
    nails 1.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: Christine99
Hi everyone

so I am still on about getting a summer dress.

thank you for all your help, and the one I was going to get doesn't come in Little boy that has a body of a grumpy old man, size.

so I have found this one that has my size,

rain bow dress 2.png

ist looks flat chasted, so the fact I don't have a female chest, I hope, will not be a problem. also, It doesn't have sleeves. so I,m planning to have my blue snap crotch onesie underneath so that I can be in my diaper as will

the downside is that it's £49.19 that's ($64.62 US) I'm just not sure If I am going to wear it that much. I am either going to fall in love with being in a dress and be into a lot or it will be like my suit which comes out about once a year because I have to pretend to be a grownup.

what do you guys think?

as for my nails, I going with

1649927539617.png

They don't seem to do the ones I had last year but I like these.

Now to the question of make-up

this is the look I want to get for pride

but I need to practice this, so it looks good. Does anyone know where I can get a rainbow plate from? also, makeup brushes.?

I have had a suggestion to have pigtails for my hair as I ok with doing brads from my pony. but I think I will stick with my pony tell and get these

1649929007112.png
and get something like this as well.

1649929376985.png

thank you, everyone.

Hugs.

P.S I wil post photos on my blog as thinks develop. Siysiy's Blog.

• Wow
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, BobbiSueEllen and chrischrischris
Back