I LOVE Fall and Winter except.

CLPP said:
Maybe you oughta trade in the Metro for an EV?
Nope.
  1. I can afford a Metro far easier than an EV...EV tech is still way too pricey;
  2. I never own a vehicle that comes with a payment book;
  3. Trade-in values on any car utterly suck nowadays, and;
  4. (shouts to the world) "I LOVE...THIS...CAR!!!" 🤗🥰🥳

Last edited:
Autumn is a welcome relief from the blast furnace temperatures of the summer.

Reactions: FastBlackRX7, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Nope.
  1. I can afford a Metro far easier than an EV...EV tech is still way too pricey;
  2. I never own a vehicle that comes with a payment book;
  3. Trade-in values on any car utterly suck nowadays, and;
  4. (shouts to the world) "I LOVE...THIS...CAR!!!" 🤗🥰🥳Bus worn out (200k

I totally get it!! I was just being a smart ass. The only car I ever made payments on was a little used pickup truck back in my 20s. Never again. If I can’t afford cash, I won’t buy it. I figure by the time my current ride is worn out (200k+), EVs might be more practical for me.

Reactions: TeeMousy, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
I work second shift so I'm used to it being dark when I get off. I do like all the seasons here where I live. I don't mind the heat as long as I don't have to work in it, and I like winter as long as there is not too much snow or cold. Although admittedly the bar as to how much is too much keeps getting lowered every year I get older. LOL

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and Angelapinks
SparkyDog said:
I also hate how early it gets dark
counting down the days till it starts going the other way again
but over a month away for that

I also hate the snow
it's a pain to shovel and drive on
why do I live here 🤪
I ask myself the same thing all the time. My parents went to Florida every winter for many years and traveled into the warmer states as well just to avoid the cold and snow. Me, I was stuck at home looking after their house and clearing all that white crap out of their drive and walkways (to make the house look lived in ) LOL.

• Wow
Reactions: SparkyDog, CLPP, TeeMousy and 1 other person
I love the winter as well, but hate that I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. Makes me feel like I worked a 14 hour day. It is hard to get things done outside, like rake leaves or put up lights, so it all gets pushed to the weekend. Definitely feel a bit like a vampire 🧛‍♀️

Reactions: TrashPanda01 and BobbiSueEllen
Sealander said:
I’ve definitely grown to prefer summer as time goes on.
I think the only good thing about summer for me is it says light out longer
When I was younger I loved summer because no school. haha
But now................

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
The sudden switch for winter hours always gets me. Its dark, I'm thinking its time to be done working and home, and its only 430 pm

Reactions: TrashPanda01 and Sealander
Angelapinks said:
I ask myself the same thing all the time. My parents went to Florida every winter for many years and traveled into the warmer states as well just to avoid the cold and snow. Me, I was stuck at home looking after their house and clearing all that white crap out of their drive and walkways (to make the house look lived in ) LOL.
Angelapinks said:
Keepin’ the driveway and walk cleared to “make it look like it’s lived in”! LOL! That’s what you get to do when the ‘rents finally get to go to Florida for the winter. Too funny!

Reactions: Angelapinks and ABAlex2
BobbiSueEllen said:
Hmmm...less daylight (I'm solar-powered! 🤭🥰 ), can't wear sandals, shorts & tees as much, more vehicular maintenance issues...like the 2nd winter I had the Metro, the left rear wheel cylinder blew out, almost lost all brakes...limped it home, got to AutoZone, bought two rear wheel cylinders & a set of shoes, replaced 'em, bled the brakes (front or rear, you always replace 'em in pairs, unless your situation is urgent...then, eventually, you replace the other side ASAP). Cold weather can be very unkind.
Your Metro experience sounds an awful lot like mine with my Chevette. Cheap auto adjusters on the back brakes would rust, seize up, and break off the roll pin that connected them to the brake shoe. That would make the rear brakes get very far out of adjustment causing the front brakes to lock up and the rear brakes to do little to nothing when on snowy and icy road surfaces. After going in the ditch three different times on the same corner, on my way home from work, I took the brakes apart to diagnose the problem. Once I realized that the adjuster was a design problem and would continue to fail once repaired I did some shade tree engineering and pulled up the parking brake until it was solid and then released it a couple of notches. No more ditch time returning home from work.

Reactions: Angelapinks
The thing that I don't like about the winter , is that the cold temperatures trigger off my eczema. My hands get dry, bleed and tiny cuts in my skin open up. Time to break out the E45!

• Sad
Reactions: TrashPanda01, Angelapinks, Sealander and 1 other person
Sissyleslie said:
The thing that I don't like about the winter , is that the cold temperatures trigger off my eczema. My hands get dry, bleed and tiny cuts in my skin open up. Time to break out the E45!
Same here. I started scratching my left elbow region in my sleep...had to get up & lotion up with generic Aveeno. 45% humidity inside, sometimes 55%. Agh.

Reactions: Sissyleslie, TrashPanda01, Angelapinks and 2 others
Yeah, I use CeraVe Red for my eczema and the dry air doesn't help.

Reactions: TrashPanda01 and BobbiSueEllen
AshtonFreecss said:
Lived in Anchorage for 6 years, and Wasilla for 1 year. Breathtakingly beautiful state to live in. I absolutely agree that while they actually have seasons up there, they go by so quick xD. I miss Alaska so much ;.;
Wasilla! My baby sister and husband bought a house in Wasilla this summer.

I dream of winter every year, because my work slows down. I'm in pest control in Michigan. But I do hate it gets dark early. I can't do any exterior work after 5:20.

Also I have to unload my work truck of water containers, my pesticides, and my two sprayers so they don't freeze every night and load them back up in the morning.

I also miss thunderstorms in the winter.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: AshtonFreecss, dogboy, Angelapinks and 1 other person
When you're outside in minus-WTF! and gagging for a slash, and when you undo your pants:
"Where's my willy gone?!!! 😯😫"

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy, HoneySnow, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
ade said:
When you're outside in minus-WTF! and gagging for a slash, and when you undo your pants:
"Where's my willy gone?!!! 😯😫"
Five words: "Cow on a cold morning". 🤣

LiddieBear said:
Winter is my favorite season. I love the ethereal whiteness of a snowy day.
Where I live now, snow is very rare. I miss the eary silence that comes with a blanket of snow.

Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
Hanging around the firepit on a cold winter moonlit night, bundled up in four-plus layers, stocking cap snug, sipping a Double IPA, shooting the sh*t with some friends…my diaper is the icing on the cake!

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
It's so funny that when I was a child, I loved snow. We would all get our sleds out and sled all day. How I miss those good times.

• Love
Reactions: AshtonFreecss, CLPP and BobbiSueEllen
Back