I LOVE Fall and Winter except.

FastBlackRX7

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I love this season.
There is Halloween, Christmas, cool temp, the air seems better.
However there is this one thing I hate.
It gets dark way to early
Its 5:00pm and it feels like its 10:00 lol

• Sad
Reactions: ianwee, TrashPanda01, HoneySnow and 6 others
I like it!
65.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TenaciousDL, Jorelaxed and LaLoneDigi
I hate the lack of traction in the winter.

Reactions: ianwee, TrashPanda01 and Angelapinks
I hate the early darkness as well. I was cooking dinner on my outdoor grill and I had to start at 5 otherwise I wouldn't be able to see what I was cooking. It was pan seared sea scallops so you have to be careful with those.

• Love
Reactions: Angelapinks and chamberpot
I also hate how early it gets dark
counting down the days till it starts going the other way again
but over a month away for that

I also hate the snow
it's a pain to shovel and drive on
why do I live here 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: Angelapinks and Sealander
Winter is my favorite season. I love the ethereal whiteness of a snowy day.

• Love
Reactions: TenaciousDL, Zeke, FastBlackRX7 and 1 other person
After you endure four weeks of 110+ temps in a Las Vegas summer and a total of three months 100+degree heat, winter is therapy, I love the cooler weather, I don't mind it getting dark earlier, I can Barbecue with my nice bright spotlights over the grill in my backyard.

Last edited:
SparkyDog said:
I also hate how early it gets dark
counting down the days till it starts going the other way again
but over a month away for that

I also hate the snow
it's a pain to shovel and drive on
why do I live here 🤪
No snow where I live.
However I can deal with snow.
Its the heat I despise. lol

• Love
Reactions: RoseofThorns, Zeke and Jorelaxed
My "holiday lights" go up next week - enough to really light up my part of the street. The lit garland will come down in early January. The rest will be renamed "winter lights" and stay up until early March. I hate the dark, dreary winter months.

I also recommend one of the light boxes for inside. And swapping for some high Kelvin (cooler) lightbulbs inside.

I’ve definitely grown to prefer summer as time goes on.

Can’t have cool and crisp weather without the reduction in sunlight that causes it. Being easily bored I prefer a geographical location where all four seasons get their fair share of the annual calendar. I loved the people and the beauty of the land when I used to work in Alaska several months a year. It was strong in the Summer/Winter areas with 24 hours of daylight, 24 hours of darkness, but it was at the expense of Spring and Fall which both went by very quickly.

• Love
Reactions: AshtonFreecss and Sealander
I have no problem with winter, climate is "moderately continental“ where I live. Minus 18 celsius is rare, snow is 30 cm maximum, it's a great sport to dig it on our 25 meters long car drive early morning. I love walking home in dark evenings smelling the smoke of wood burning stoves. I feel more uncomfortable in summer.

Reactions: AshtonFreecss and Zeke
Zeke said:
Can’t have cool and crisp weather without the reduction in sunlight that causes it. Being easily bored I prefer a geographical location where all four seasons get their fair share of the annual calendar. I loved the people and the beauty of the land when I used to work in Alaska several months a year. It was strong in the Summer/Winter areas with 24 hours of daylight, 24 hours of darkness, but it was at the expense of Spring and Fall which both went by very quickly.
Lived in Anchorage for 6 years, and Wasilla for 1 year. Breathtakingly beautiful state to live in. I absolutely agree that while they actually have seasons up there, they go by so quick xD. I miss Alaska so much ;.;

MudPuppy said:
I hate the dark, dreary winter months.
That’s why I’ve always loved a fireplace or a wood stove with clear windows to be able to watch the flames, experience the warmth, and enjoy both the darkness and the warmth in the cold. And don’t those days when the snow makes it seem twice as sunny as it does on a summer day make up for some of the extra darkness?

Reactions: ianwee, dogboy and CLPP
I like that it gets dark early but I dislike the cold.

I hate the winter I don't like it when it is bark early it's also cold, wet, windy and some of the time we have snow, I hate the snow because I hate being cold and there is a big chance I can slip over and as I have had two operations on my spine if I fall I can do a lot of damage to myself, Summer is the best as I like being warm and if we have a heatwave I love the hotter the better for me.

I like winter except the really -26 and below weather, but like wearing diapers under all my clothes, they are so hidden!!

Reactions: DLPeakOut
Zeke said:
That’s why I’ve always loved a fireplace or a wood stove with clear windows to be able to watch the flames, experience the warmth, and enjoy both the darkness and the warmth in the cold. And don’t those days when the snow makes it seem twice as sunny as it does on a summer day make up for some of the extra darkness?
A wood stove with glass is essential for my survival in the winter! That and our outdoor hot tub.

Reactions: ianwee and Zeke
Hmmm...less daylight (I'm solar-powered! 🤭🥰 ), can't wear sandals, shorts & tees as much, more vehicular maintenance issues...like the 2nd winter I had the Metro, the left rear wheel cylinder blew out, almost lost all brakes...limped it home, got to AutoZone, bought two rear wheel cylinders & a set of shoes, replaced 'em, bled the brakes (front or rear, you always replace 'em in pairs, unless your situation is urgent...then, eventually, you replace the other side ASAP). Cold weather can be very unkind.

Reactions: AshtonFreecss
Maybe you oughta trade in the Metro for an EV?

Back