I have schizophrenia and nappies help my mental health. Do you have severe mental health problems? Do nappies help you?

JonahAteAWhale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You don't have to talk about the details of your suffering. I'm just interested to meet other people who might be in a similar situation to me. So let's hang out here and chat! :)

• Love
Reactions: Akura, Maxi and BobbiSueEllen
Not only diapers but baby life in-general! I have autism--and, as one 1988 Army head-shrinker noted in my notes, "...immature and schizoid tendencies..." so I kinda know a little of where you're at, in addition to the fact both our disorders are related under the neurodivergence umbrella--so I live in a bit of a dual world myself. I didn't do anything to bring it on, there's enough 'guys and gals' out there dragging home half-racks or box-wines every night trying to get to their own little 'autistic' state on their own...it just happened to me. It's naturally-occurring. I tried to fit into the rest of the world. Didn't work. Most of them prefer I "get out of [my] world and get into the real world!" No way. I see what they do in their so-called 'real world' and I want no part of it, the hypocrites.

That is where diapers and baby life come in: my mind is frozen into that world. Sure, out in the so-called 'real world' I can get my needs met, get things done which need to be done...but in my room, that's my own world where nobody can judge me. Nobody can come in unless I approve of it. I can do it up any damn way I want. And what I want...is what I got: a crib, a high-chair, a rocking chair, crayons & coloring books, big baby clothes, big-baby toys, big-baby bottles & binkies...and whatever it takes to keep my bottom clean and dry, from plastic pants to diapers to wipes. Plus a TV, PC, shelving with eating utensils, a mini-fridge and a microwave. I have the best of both worlds here: they fill both my adult needs and my baby needs. I can doll up in a sweet dress & diaper cover, cuddle Bonnie as I rock away...waiting for dinner to warm up. That helps my inside feel happier, more confident...safer. I wish people understood how good that feels.

The crib in my room: that has done a world of good for me. It does more than hold my cute bedding, stuffies and me: it is my refuge within my refuge...my sanctum sanctorum, the Holiest of Holy Places. I sleep in there, cuddle Bonnie as we watch TV late at night, play on the internet, talk on the phone, listen to music...whether I'm wearing a diaper or not, whether I'm locked in or not. I feel extremely happy, extremely safe in my crib. And I get far better sleep in this crib than I ever have in the so-called best bed ever made.

Plus I can wear a diaper, piddle in it and get it as soggy-wet as I want to before I change diapers, plus get into a dress, an outfit, a onesie or a romper. I can play with toys as long as I want to, watch cartoons on TV as long as I want to, binky- or bottle-up. It's my world and they can't have it. They don't want it so more for me! I gladly accept it all.

Let' em go to hell in their own way with their box-wines, beers and middle-class-supremacy bible-lives. I'm alive, copin' an' doin' juuuust fiiiine.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, Akura, Maxi and 3 others
I am sorry this is very long please allow me to respond in small parts. First as to the world of the muggles: they are also suffering. They do not have our powers. Do not pity them, help them.

• Thinking
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
Not only diapers but baby life in-general! I have autism--and, as one 1988 Army head-shrinker noted in my notes, "...immature and schizoid tendencies..." so I kinda know a little of where you're at, in addition to the fact both our disorders are related under the neurodivergence umbrella--so I live in a bit of a dual world myself. I didn't do anything to bring it on, there's enough 'guys and gals' out there dragging home half-racks or box-wines every night trying to get to their own little 'autistic' state on their own...it just happened to me. It's naturally-occurring. I tried to fit into the rest of the world. Didn't work. Most of them prefer I "get out of [my] world and get into the real world!" No way. I see what they do in their so-called 'real world' and I want no part of it, the hypocrites.

That is where diapers and baby life come in: my mind is frozen into that world. Sure, out in the so-called 'real world' I can get my needs met, get things done which need to be done...but in my room, that's my own world where nobody can judge me. Nobody can come in unless I approve of it. I can do it up any damn way I want. And what I want...is what I got: a crib, a high-chair, a rocking chair, crayons & coloring books, big baby clothes, big-baby toys, big-baby bottles & binkies...and whatever it takes to keep my bottom clean and dry, from plastic pants to diapers to wipes. Plus a TV, PC, shelving with eating utensils, a mini-fridge and a microwave. I have the best of both worlds here: they fill both my adult needs and my baby needs. I can doll up in a sweet dress & diaper cover, cuddle Bonnie as I rock away...waiting for dinner to warm up. That helps my inside feel happier, more confident...safer. I wish people understood how good that feels.

The crib in my room: that has done a world of good for me. It does more than hold my cute bedding, stuffies and me: it is my refuge within my refuge...my sanctum sanctorum, the Holiest of Holy Places. I sleep in there, cuddle Bonnie as we watch TV late at night, play on the internet, talk on the phone, listen to music...whether I'm wearing a diaper or not, whether I'm locked in or not. I feel extremely happy, extremely safe in my crib. And I get far better sleep in this crib than I ever have in the so-called best bed ever made.

Plus I can wear a diaper, piddle in it and get it as soggy-wet as I want to before I change diapers, plus get into a dress, an outfit, a onesie or a romper. I can play with toys as long as I want to, watch cartoons on TV as long as I want to, binky- or bottle-up. It's my world and they can't have it. They don't want it so more for me! I gladly accept it all.

Let' em go to hell in their own way with their box-wines, beers and middle-class-supremacy bible-lives. I'm alive, copin' an' doin' juuuust fiiiine.
People come in my room and tell me how I must keep it. I am forbidden to be abnormal. The stress is causing me to hallucinate and enter mind states beyond those experienced by the most common of humans.

• Sad
JonahAteAWhale said:
I am sorry this is very long please allow me to respond in small parts. First as to the world of the muggles: they are also suffering. They do not have our powers. Do not pity them, help them.
I can neither help them nor pity them. They have made it clear that they think I am in the wrong and I don't belong. One can't help another who thinks they're right when they're wrong. I will neither hinder nor harm them but they made their messages clear to me. So...that is on them. My hands are clean.

Reactions: Prillprillprill
BobbiSueEllen said:

Sanctum Sanctorum, Corpus Christi, Benedictus

Last edited:
BobbiSueEllen said:
I can neither help them nor pity them. They have made it clear that they think I am in the wrong and I don't belong. One can't help another who thinks they're right when they're wrong. I will neither hinder nor harm them but they made their messages clear to me. So...that is on them. My hands are clean.
I'm a Wizard you know. It's not just in my imagination it's real. I'm a Wizard. I'm extra-ordinarily powerful.

You know that weird feeling when you pray to Christ and think you're a Wizard and then all of a sudden someone gives you a whole pizza? I get that a lot.

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: Prillprillprill and BobbiSueEllen
That's never happened to me, personally.

If you ask the doctors I have promised to shoot in the face if they screw with me . I’m certifiable angry bitter asshole . However it’s they who made me angry and bitter by being azzholes .
Average people and nurses think I’m the nicest patient and all around fun guy , but don’t want to cross me because when you make it personal I take it personal and the gloves come off . When I give you a list of what not to do , and you sign it and then cross those lines I clearly warned you about and promised I would take it personally , you should have listened to me . Because you can’t go back, you violate my trust ,you will be punished either by me or some of my friends once I am dead , they have recently figured out when I asked for no violence in my name that stops when I die , a few are chomping at the bit to get a head start on taking out the trash .
I use diapers not for mental health coping however I am a “zebra” with one of the rarest disease in the world so it’s not really an option to not use them . I am the only known person currently alive dying of this disease and because I didn’t have biological children I am taking this disease with me to the grave odds of another me occurring are greater than 1 in 8 billion . If diapers bring you any kind of peace or reduction in the burden your disease causes , you should absolutely use them to your advantage .

• Wow
BobbiSueEllen said:

This is really true.

The world is a messed up place. Retreating into your mind where you can be whoever you want and build whatever world you want is really glorious.

When you're a child (physically);your mind is the the only protection you have and if you think about it it will be again when your body is old and all your friends are dead. No one can take that away from you.

If you see it for what it is the prejudice, the corruption, the willful ignorance. You cannot have your unmet childhood needs satisfied within the structure of external society. The hypocrites have the final say. The mentally ill are not given any place on society, and no one's cares about the adult survivors of childhood abuse. All you have is your own mind, and guess what that's all you need.

I think that actually saying, I'm not going to look to anyone else to complete me, or save me, I'm going to actually give that comfort to myself, I think that's actually very mature. Wearing a nappy is the most immediate comfort, and it's so powerful. No one else knows and it's not their business. Wearing a nappy is my own way to sooth myself in a world that has harmed me in a multitude of ways.

• Celebrate
Reactions: Davvyboy, happynappied and BobbiSueEllen
I do sometimes get very stressed out. Diapers help me with that and make me comfortable.

• Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, Maxi and BobbiSueEllen
While I have IC and need diapers 247
I also need diapers for mental health reasons.
Diapers help me manage my anxiety, my sensory issues, my ptsd & my stress
with out a diaper on I can't function. without a diaper on I don't feel safe
to the point even when I am in the shower I feel naked (yes I understand the irony here)
and can only think about getting my diaper back on.
So yes diapers play a massive roll in my mental health

• Love
I’m diagnosed ASD and ADHD. Wearing diapers provides a very nice tactile sensation that makes me feel safe and comfy. They provide such a sense of anxiety relief as well for me.

• Love
Reactions: Davvyboy, Maxi, SparkyDog and 1 other person
Prillprillprill said:
This is really true.

The world is a messed up place. Retreating into your mind where you can be whoever you want and build whatever world you want is really glorious.

When you're a child (physically);your mind is the the only protection you have and if you think about it it will be again when your body is old and all your friends are dead. No one can take that away from you.

If you see it for what it is the prejudice, the corruption, the willful ignorance. You cannot have your unmet childhood needs satisfied within the structure of external society. The hypocrites have the final say. The mentally ill are not given any place on society, and no one's cares about the adult survivors of childhood abuse. All you have is your own mind, and guess what that's all you need.

I think that actually saying, I'm not going to look to anyone else to complete me, or save me, I'm going to actually give that comfort to myself, I think that's actually very mature. Wearing a nappy is the most immediate comfort, and it's so powerful. No one else knows and it's not their business. Wearing a nappy is my own way to sooth myself in a world that has harmed me in a multitude of ways.
Your thoughts pretty much concur with mine.
With my own Childhood Abuse/Neglect PTSD I am in my own "Hell", and my only safe refuge is toddlerhood/preschool diapered safety.
Despite my external Autistic Stoic Exterior, internally I am a mega-mess between my ears.

Reactions: Davvyboy
Just over a year ago I was diagnosed with severe depression. I had actually got to the point where had crafted my suicide note and planned how to kill myself. My ABDL tendencies were part of the solution I’d moved past the phase of intense shame about feeling this way. Going back to a time of innocence and simplicity even if it was partly acting was something that made me happy and shut the internal monologue going through my mind up. All I had to worry about was my audiobooks, my nappies and my stuffed toys. Adult worries I left outside my front door it meant I had to scramble to tidy the house before mum came home but I could handle that. I don’t get to wear as often as I’d like but on the occasions I do I feel safe, calm, relaxed and level headed. ABDL can be difficult at times and I don’t like lying to people about it but it keeps me sane and it’s healthier than smoking, drinking or taking drugs.

• Hug
Reactions: Davvyboy, Maxi, Prillprillprill and 1 other person
Hi there! I not only have minor incontinence issues, but I have some psychological disorders as well. I'm fairly new to the abdl world.

I usually have a lot of trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. Last night though, I wore a nappy for the first time as I slept, with a onsie I found with a hoodie. I felt so comfortable, nestled, safe and secure. It didn't take me long to fall asleep. Plus, I slept through like a baby 👶 😀

When I finally did wake up, it was so nice stretching out and feeling that snuggled and safe feeling tingle through me. When I stood up, my bladder did that thing where it screams "HEY! It's time to pee, ready or not, here it comes!" Since I had my nappy on, I didn't stress it a bit.

In fact, I was so relaxed and kind of 😊excited, that I was going to wet. It was a big difference from dribbling to the bathroom while clenching and trying to hold it in, hoping up and down, causing major discomfort and embarrassment. Nope, no more of that. The days of morning peetime stress are no more! Now it's just 'relax and let go', with the added bonus of wetting ❤️😊

So I have to say, it's a major YES for me. I sleep better and I wake up better, which are 2 major factors for my conditions. Plus, not having to think about "what if I leak?" Has taken loads of stress out of my daily life. I'm considering 24/7 due to that benefit.

• Love
Reactions: Davvyboy and BobbiSueEllen
It's wonderful seeing all these positive posts re; how nappies are helping people! (In more ways than just holding pee haha) ❤️

I can say 100% that diapers have helped me massively with anxiety and stress. I have quite a stressful job that absolutely drains me, I feel as if diapers are a major help to resolve my stress. I also have a pretty nasty panic disorder, PTSD all in conjunction with anxiety. Wearing nappies and being in 'little' space is magical for me, it's so relaxing. 😁🥰

I don't just wear a diaper, it's the whole thing that helps me; wearing a snap-button onesie/crotch vest, the diaper itself, a onesie, snuggling in a warm bed and watching cartoons or playing video games. It's awesome, healing and not harming anyone.

• Love
I see a psychologist for grief, depression, anxiety, aversion and PTSD. That's my diagnosis anyway. I try to divert my mind when I'm depressed, playing piano or organ, listening to music, going for a walk and a number of other things. I go to bed diapered and I sometimes have a diaper day on the two days I don't have to work and be around people. Regression helps focus my mind away from grief and improves my mood.

Reactions: Maxi and BobbiSueEllen
Im a paranoid scizophrenic and ive just had to call for help as its taken a ralid decline over the past few days so phoned the police who put me in tought with the mental health team who are coming to give me somemedication to tide me over til the mental health team can visit me in the morning and asess me ive also realised that i have none to turn to because when i cried for help i was ignored of the ones i thought would be there for me but hey ho that is life.

Im going to take a break from everything including nappies and concentrate on getting better so will not be on the forum Not that anyone will bother ha ha i wish our community all the best and will be bk shortly love u all take care much love jd xxx

• Hug
Reactions: Maxi, dogboy and Davvyboy
Back