I have a question.

I like to think of myself as pretty stable, but I find that I actually 'yearn' for my nanny like a child would yearn for a mommy or caregiver. However, the longing I feel isn't only apparent to me when I'm in diapers; it's a feeling I can get no matter where I am or what I'm doing. I was standing in Target the other day, social distancing as we should, in the baby section. I thought back to when my nanny and I were there buying bath toys many months ago and felt a deep and keen longing for her. Certain things seem to 'trigger' the yearning, but it's not limited to those times when I'm diapered.

I've been a practicing AB for more than 30 years and have had my share of caregivers, which actually makes the longing worse, in my view. When you have something and then must do without it for a period of time, the absence is very noticeable.

Last edited:
Wish I had a caregiver/mommy as well but I've kind of accepted that it will probably never happen for me...

Reactions: Deleted member 51367
That would be a dream come true...
EemraldGreen said:
Maybe not but you may find a caregiver/mummy they might be somewhere in this community.
Dreams come true sometimes.
That really would be a dream come true...

Last edited:
Erm ...I'd have thought that was (well pretty much) the point!!
Not that you're really in control of your own emotions deep down!!

KawaiiBabyjenni said:
Wish I had a caregiver/mommy as well but I've kind of accepted that it will probably never happen for me...
Everyone has someone, well I think they do!! And I think you will find someone that is going to accept you and love you for you!!!! Dreams come true! Cinderella’s dream came true, snow whites and the little mermaid!!! I think it will happen

Cuddlykitten24 said:
it might be just me but is there an ache for just someone to care for you while you’re in your regression? Because I find myself constantly just waiting for someone to care for me and it just breaks my heart when I realize that there’s no one there. I just wanted to see if there was anyone else who felt the same.
I have been wanting this for years.....have shared this side of myself with people in the past hoping they would be my caregiver. None has been......it hurts for sure. i dont have any good advice but i just wanted you to know I know exactly how you feel. And it sucks.....

EemraldGreen said:
Maybe not but you may find a caregiver/mummy they might be somewhere in this community.
Dreams come true sometimes.
Cuddlykitten24 said:
Everyone has someone, well I think they do!! And I think you will find someone that is going to accept you and love you for you!!!! Dreams come true! Cinderella’s dream came true, snow whites and the little mermaid!!! I think it will happen
Actually in the original story of The Little Mermaid the prince falls in love with another woman and the mermaid turns to sea foam...

KawaiiBabyjenni said:
Actually in the original story of The Little Mermaid the prince falls in love with another woman and the mermaid turns to sea foam...
Shhhhh!!! We’re gonna go with Disney because she got her man!!!

• Haha
Reactions: BabyDavidMessiah
Yeah. I get that way when my Mommy is gone. I come an inch away from a real cry and sometimes just flat out breakdown.

Back