How would you react if you found out your son/daughter wore diapers?

Being an AB or DL is only a problem if it interferes with their lives. I think that people like the AB world because it frees them from responsibilities. If you just come home and go"little" you will self isolate from other people. Not good.

I would just remind my daughter of the prostate cancer surgery I had.

I would just let my child know it was okay with me and they need not be embarrassed ,many people have the same desires .
Other than that the ball would be in thair court if they wanted to talk or not but I would be there to understand and listen .

Not really a tricky subject at all. As an ex-parent (long story, don't wanna get into it), I actually had this happen when my girl was pretty young. It was during the winter while she was going to Head Start. My whole thing first was to make sure she was alright, and that there weren't really any accidents or medical conditions that needed attention. She was a pretty smart girl, emotionally developed a few years passed the normal preschooler, but immature when it came to her own due to having had no stability at home at times.

So, gave her some time, pulled her into my lap and just talked. Like I said, first was the whole medical thing. Nope, nothing new, occasional bed wetting still because of a developing bladder. Talked a big more about some basic hygiene while being diapered. Things like if she got a rash or needed help to let my partner or I know so we can help, ect.

That was the end of the conversation.

She eventually opened up more about it, and it was just a simple thing as they were more comfortable and she'd have occasional dribbles waiting in line to use the bathroom since there were 20ish kids in class, and most used the bathroom at the same time. Oh, and she wanted to wear cool diapers like Poofhoof.

The thing I honestly would worry about the most in these cases is if there was abuse going on. If they are happy, safe, healthy, and generally following good hygiene, then I'd be as supportive as they wanted, by either giving them room, a Poofhoof to talk to, or just be left alone.

Reactions: Deleted member 46540
I'd probably have a similar response that my mom did.

More or less my mom said she didn't want to know about it or see me doing things around her, but she didn't stop me from doing anything. She also would buy me diapers provided I did chores n stuff (Seeing as I am unable to get myself to the store, no license too far to walk)

That said, I'd differ a bit and probably offer a listening ear, of course I wouldn't want to know about my child's ab/dl habits, but if they had questions about it I'd try my best to answer them to keep them from doing something dangerous. (Like taking pics/videos of themself in diapers if they're underaged which unfortunately seems to happen a lot of younger ab/dls who get tricked into that by some horrible people) I'd also probably buy them things pending they did chores and such and cleaned up after themselves so on and so forth.

All of that said though, I do not plan on having children.

I would sit down and talk to them. Letting them know there’s nothing to be ashamed of. Help understand and listen to them. Always be there and non judgmental.

since i really wanted diapers when i was a kid, but my mom would not let me, how could i do anything but give my blessing to my kid?

i would knock on the door and softly say "you don't have to hide. you can wear diapers if you want to. " hopefully the door would open, i would give him/her a big hug, and i would ask if i could come in, sit down, and tell my story.

by the time we were done discussing, we would both feel comfortable wearing diapers in the house.

Reactions: FrancisAshley
I would sit down and discuss with them the reason why they are wearing and probably tell them that they are welcome to do it if they want to but they really need to understand the situation and what can happen when it comes out in the open plus relationships but I would be understanding and if it was something that they really wanted then I would probably help them get what they wanted

First off, I wouldn’t address it immediately. I would wait a little bit and let the stress and whatnot die down. I know from a personal perspective that any type of discussion about a topic like this at any point in someone’s formative years is tough, and I wouldn’t want to make the situation any more stressful than it is for either myself or my child.

I would wait a day or so, maybe a little longer, and approach it at a time when they were to themselves, maybe hanging out in their bedroom relaxing or whatnot. I know for me, I’d like to be as comfortable as possible when discussing something like this to make it easier to talk about, so I’d try to make it that way for my kid(s).

I’d probably start the conversation subtly, ask about what they’re doing, and try to see if they want to bring it up themselves. If not, I’d probably just say something like “I’m here if you ever need to talk about something,” or the like.

If the topic came up either by them, or at some point by myself talking to them about it, the first thing I’d ask is what brought them to want to wear diapers or why they want to, out of concern and to better understand. For whichever reason, whether it be comfort/security, sexual purposes, or anything else that is self-motivated, I’d be okay with it and be supportive. If it stemmed from bullying or some other outside source, I’d want to get to the bottom of it, for the sake of my child so that they aren’t being harmed.

Continuing on, if the reasoning behind the diapers was self-motivated, I’d do my best to explain the whole ABDL topic using some literature and things I knew off the top of my head. I wouldn’t directly come out and say so did it unless they knew already, but even so, it’d be kept to a minimum. I’d say that I’m fully supportive, and that I’d help them get what they needed in order to be happy and fulfilled, but with some ground rules established. Things like you can do it only at home when there’s no company over, you have to clean up after yourself and dispose of them properly, etc.

From there I’d see how it goes and see if it’s just a phase, or if it becomes a permanent thing and go from there. Most important thing for me is being supportive. I know I didn’t have a very supportive family when it arose for me, and I don’t want my child going through the same troubles that I did.

Reactions: perlFerret and Trevor
I would not bring it up unless the child/teen did, just for the sake of avoiding pushing his/her comfort level. When it is brought up, I would explain that there is nothing morally wrong with wearing, and that I would never interfere with someone's personal business. I would probably mention at some point that he/she was not the only one with the interest.

Depending of the situations...

When I find overthere his baby stuff, probably nothing. I know how much we want to keep it in secret.

If is regular coming out, so I start a dialog about.

If is confronted by my SO, really I don't know... There are lot of ways what can happen.

first thing i would want to find out is if they are trying to hide a medical thing like small accidents or wetting the bed and if so if they need to be checked by a dr or not also make sure school is going ok while looking in to all of this i would be very genital and very understanding to what is going on

I don't intend to ever have children and I don't actually like kids, but should the impossible happen and say, i end up adopting one or something I don't think I'd make a good parent. I doubt I'd talk to them much and I'm not going to try to be their friend. I wouldn't have too many rules either, but there would be a few like they can get piercings or dye their hair if they want but they have to be covered from mid thigh to shoulder, no open backs or bare midriffs, just like school dress code. They aren't allowed to do anything illegal. No drugs; alcohol, cigarettes and weed included. No underage sex and no sex in the my house. If I let them get a pet they have to take care of it. They need to keep their room clean. Other than that though they can do their own thing. I can author from home, so let's say I just came back from grocery shopping or something similar instead. I likely wouldn't react at all, just continue on to the kitchen to put the groceries away or go to my room and watch my shows, basically what I would do any other day. I don't see any need to freak out or react and if they don't bring it up to me I'm not going to bother bringing it up to them. It's their business and so long as they aren't stealing and it has nothing to do with sex at all then it can stay their business. One of the major things that peeved me about my mother was her complete lack of respect for my privacy, how she just walked into my room whenever she wanted without so much as knocking, looked through my things and tried to read everything I did online. I'm not going to be like that. Any kids I may have can keep their privacy, I'm not going to make them share with anybody, and I'm not going to force my own plan for their life on them. If the kid decides to talk to me about it I will listen but I'm not going to tell them what they should or should not do or give my thoughts. If they ask my advice I will tell them it is their choice to make. If they ask me for money I will say no, they must fund their own hobbies and desires. I will likely give them money on holidays anyway so they can buy their own gifts so they actually get what they want. Either way, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it and I wouldn't act any differently.

Last edited:
Trevor said:
I think I'd be more stunned that I had a kid.

This question comes up every once and a while. It depends on age and circumstances. Are they doing it because they like them or do they need them. How long has it been going on? In the very unlikely event that any child of mine wound up as any version of an ABDL and I knew about it, I'd be most concerned that they understood there's nothing wrong with it. I still think it's something private, so we'd be talking about boundaries. I think I'd have to play it by ear as to whether I would talk about my own experiences as an ABDL. It's not about me, so it would only be if I thought it would in some way end up as beneficial for my child.
I like the answer because I probably won't have kids

I would not really be to worried about it would just question why and see if it's something medical or just something that they feel they want as I would rather have my kids wearing diapers than doing drugs or running around the streets like me when I was younger wearing diapers is not a big deal

Reactions: Littlebabaprince
I don’t have kids. I’d like to one day.
If they wore diapers, in the sense that most children do before they’re three...then that one’s pretty much a given!
Whereas if they wore in the sense that an AB or DL does, I wouldn’t bothered. I’m accepting of every other ABDL, so why wouldn’t I accept it of my own offspring? It’s their life and they’re entitled to live it at their leisure. Not sure whether I’d tell them that I like to wear too.

Last edited:
This is not a hypothetical question for me. Quite some time ago I responded to a similar thread explaining my own experience with finding out my youngest son has this interest as well.

I have hidden this side of myself quite well from all of my children and in so doing, I truthfully do not believe that my own interests have had anything to do with his interests and the eventually discovery of used diapers in the trash that were not my own. I also found history of internet sites that had been visited on the family computer and linked these together.

In a previous post from years ago, that because of the new site I cannot seem to now find, I went into a great detail about this experience. As such, I am not going to share the complete story again, other than to explain that I did choose to have a discussion with him about it, and it turned out very well.

He was around 12 or 13 at the time, and I saw no reason to share my own interests in diapers, as it did not feel right and there was not the need. Rather, what I did was to reassure him of my love and that I understood and acknowledged that many others have this same interest and that he should not feel ashamed about it. I shared with him some of my own insights (again without acknowledging I have this interest) of some of the harmful things that could be associated with it, but that it was also not something that he should allow himself to feel isolated or embarrassed about.

It was a bit awkward at first, as he did not want to talk about it, but in the end, I believe he appreciated my understanding and I expressed that if he ever wanted to talk about it, I would always be there. The conversation ended with a deep hug and I feel it actually brought us closer as father and son.

Since that time, we have not had much further conversations about this, but I have also not found additional evidence that this is continuing to a great extent with him. We have had only an occasional other discussion in the few years after about it, and his response while simple he said that everything was going okay. He is now an adult himself, and while we hace not had further discussions about it, I also have not found other evidence or suspicions that this interest has continued to a significant degree. Either he has been a master at hiding it, or it has not progressed into as much of an interest and desire as it did with me. Which, truthfully, while I do not feel being ABDL is a bad thing, I am actually hopeful that it isn't something that he is still strongly interested in.

...Why Teddy would you say that? Well, although I think being ABDL is something that makes me more unique and actually perhaps a strength in my life today, it also has been the source of a great complication. For years I hated who I was because of this. I went through binge and purge and to hell and back trying to figure out who I was, why I had this interest, and only after much heartache, realized that it wasn't something wrong with me, but rather something that was just unique and actually made me a better person. But this has taken me half my life to realize this. And the heartache I have gone through, and the misunderstanding of my wife and the fear of misunderstanding of others is a toll that I would not hope my son would have to go through.

So, that's actually more than I planned on responding, but I share this with you all and the OP in answering the question as one who has actually gone through this. In this situation, I believe it actually brought my son and I closer together. Why? Well, because I didn't judge him for it and I hopefully let him know that I loved him no matter what, and he was not alone. It was not something to be ashamed of, and while he was still not fully comfortable talking about it, I do not think he felt that I was looking down upon him for it. You might ask why I didn't share that I had this interest myself? Well, my gut and my spirit told me this was not the time to do so. Perhaps someday, there might be a right time or place, but at the time there was not the need or the feeling that it was right to do so. And I believe still that this was the right thing to do.

Is this the correct response for anyone in this situation? I could hardly say that it would. But rather, I think if any parent is faced with this situation, then the most appropriate action is separate and dictated to the individual circumstances they may be in. Each child is different, and every situation unique. What I think is the common denominator of any correct action is to show love above all, above trying to intellectually answer the question, and more importantly, be there for support and assurance that they are not alone.

Last edited:
Reactions: TreeLad, TypicalFloof, RedPandaDL and 3 others
Coming from a place of being a lifelong
bedwetter with OAB and also discovering the fetish side in highschool....Id ask them what they were doing, ask them if they have accidents, if they feel they need them or if its just pretend ...Then explain that not everywhere is okay with big people in diapers and people are mean...Id then show them how to put a diaper on properly (on them) and ask them what they wanted to happen...I watched my sister pee herself and steal my diapers as a kid then pretend to need them at night because I think she wanted to be the baby again...and she.d sneak and be shady eventhough when my mom caught her one day my sister said "I just kinda like them and I dont see what it hurts." She stood there for a second and then deep in though wets the diaper she was wearing and my mom looked at her and me then asked her what kind of diapers she wanted that she.d buy her some....A few months later and she only wore when her friend who also wet stayed...so may just be a phase....
Id have to see if there was a deeper issue...If not.. have fun....

Didn't read all of these cuase I am in a hurry and I don't have any kids but if I walked in and my child was wearing a diaper I would not be angry I would like to know why the other thing is that if it is really important to them

Back