How was your childhood bedwetting handled

• Total voters

Babybear2006

Brandon p
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
How was everyone's childhood bedwetting handled? I started with diapers and pullups but was given a bedwetting alarm to try to get me to stop wetting my bed and I also had a plastic sheet on my bed. When I was 9, I put in goodnites because I was unplugging my alarm. I was later switched back to regular diapers at 13.

Reactions: Danielgartin691993, Diprs2, Canadianfalls and 5 others
I used to get my nose rubbed in it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2, LukeTheDeersky, Wetshisbed and 7 others
True story ^^
I got no sympathy

• Angry
Reactions: Diprs2, Deleted member 39574, Wetshisbed and 2 others
I had to wear goodnites until they got too small then store diapers until I was out of the house.

Reactions: Diprs2, Neroforte and DiaperGuy08
The solution has been a diaper and plastic bed sheets (when needed), ages 0-31 years :LOL:

• Thinking
Reactions: Constantlydamp, Diprs2, BlameBaby and 13 others
Started off with pampers, then pull-ups/goodnites. Then I stopped.

When it started back up I was out into attends and been wearing some sort of adult brief/diaper since

Reactions: Diprs2, Canadianfalls, uknappygirl and 3 others
It was started with baby diapers then went to pull ups ( they had just come out) then I was switched back and forth between baby diapers and pull ups. My parental units tried an alarm but it woke them up while I just slept straight through it, I think after 2 weeks it was gone and then no protection for a while until I kept getting caught stealing diapers to wear to bed so my mom started buying them again. Not long after that goodnites came out and I started using those most of the time but occasionally my mom would still cheap out and buy baby diapers until it got to the point I could not tape them on anymore and had to use them like a pad in my underwear. From then on out it was only goodnites until I finally stopped needing them. Unfortunately that was a short lived victory as I got hurt and have been incontinent ever since.

• Wow
Reactions: fredy552, Diprs2, mhb53 and 3 others
We did not have pullups in the 1970s. Training underwear and plastic underpants and a full time plastic mattress cover even if you slowly transgressed from overnight protection (minimum 2 - 3 years of being dry before it would come off your bed). Heavy bw would have me back in a full diaper (age 8) again with my pp. I finally became dry by age 10 / 11 and the plastic mattress cover disappeared one day from age 12 - 17.

Going to college my bw returned and I quickly made the decision that cloth diapers / pp were required for the heaviness at night. It was the best decision I made at the time because I was able to enjoy 95% of my college experiences and being fully protected at night made it easier for me to concentrate on my college work with less anxiety.

Reactions: Diprs2, jaredc3, BabyprinceS and 6 others
nothing was said or done about my bedwetting , many many nights I would go to bed and the bed would still be wet from the night before, and I wet at least 3 or 4 times a week until i left home at 16

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Canadianfalls, Angelapinks and 8 others
As a child, I had bedwetting alarms and plastic sheets. As an adult, my wife has me wear diapers, backed up with plastic sheets and washable bed mats.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Diprs2, Angelapinks and 2 others
My parents were low keyed about my bed wetting. My bed had a plastic sheet and I wore diapers but no verbal or physical punishments and they never made use of alarms and such either.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
Am I one of the few adult bedwetters who never wet as a child ?

Reactions: Diprs2, nectar0001, Canadianfalls and 6 others
KitsuneFox said:
Am I one of the few adult bedwetters who never wet as a child ?
Well at least as you can remember. I recall some mothers talking to my mom and stating their child was potty trained by age 1.5 and never had accidents in their bed at night after that. We are definitely not all the same..

Reactions: Diprs2
Growing up I was in nappies at night until I was 8 or 9 and wet every night. My nappies were taken away on the advice of our district nurse who said I would never be dry at night if I stayed in nappies. It didn't work. I had to endure a wet bed for years and just got used to it. My bed had a noisy plastic sheet on it and an old towel under my sheet to soak up the pee. I slept in my underpants in an attenpt to control the flood.
I went back to nappies in my teens following a referal to the continence nurse. I slept in these until I finally became dry at night in my 20's

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, crooke3 and Deleted member 39574
  • Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Angelapinks, Blekyss and 2 others
chamberpot said:
nothing was said or done about my bedwetting , many many nights I would go to bed and the bed would still be wet from the night before, and I wet at least 3 or 4 times a week until i left home at 16
chamberpot said:
Eventually my folks gave up trying to get me dry at night and left me to it. My bed wasusually damp and smelly because it was up to me to change it once I was in my teens and often I didn't bother

Reactions: Diprs2, Canadianfalls and chamberpot
2012Stroke said:
As a child, I had bedwetting alarms and plastic sheets. As an adult, my wife has me wear diapers, backed up with plastic sheets and washable bed mats.
2012Stroke said:
My folks tried an alarm but it never woke me in time to save the bed. So they gave up on it as it woke the whole house first.

Reactions: Diprs2
TreeLad said:
True story ^^
I got no sympathy
Neither did I. My father was disgusted by my bedwetting and punishment was left to my mother. My sister found it a great source of amusement that her older brother still wet his bed. Eventually they just gave up and I was left to it.

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2, Canadianfalls, bwsteve and 3 others
Back