How to disguise an adult sized cot as something innocuous?

Just add a lot of boxes, tell her a friend is moving and needed the storage space.
Or you could just tell her the truth, ask for a nappy change and a bottle.
all said and done you will be making some decisions soon, good luck I hope it works out for you.
life is too short to let someone else run it for us.

Prillprillprill said:
Ooh that's a good Idea. I could say may friend is keeping some stuff here while moving then she wouldn't touch them..

Thanks guys I guess I'll do that. Could only really use that once if she comes to visit again but by then maybe I'll have moved somewhere with a secret hidden room 😉

Oh my god. Are you building a secret nursery room?

The Dream 🤤

Just saw the pictures -such a lovely nursery! 🥰

Prillprillprill said:
So my mum lives quite far away, but has said multiple times she plans on coming to visit be for an extended period of time next year after she retires. She will not be staying with me but somewhere else nearby.

So my problem is, I need to hide any evidence of my baby side. No easy task as I have a fully stocked nursery for myself. There's plenty of storage in the loft so I can hind most things up there, but the thing I cannot hide is my cot / crib. It is an adult single sized cot with 90cm high bars and a door painted pink and white that is pretty unmistakably babyish.

she will definitely ask for a house tour so way to suspicious to say don't go in that room (especially as I didn't show her via video call with the excuse it was messy.)

I could take it apart, but not easily and would be difficult to put back together. Any suggestions? I've been really stressing about this as the idea of her finding out about my lifestyle fills me with dread.
I can't resist but to write this: A good 2+ "outs" come to mind:

1. Say you're exterminating and can't have company until the poisons settle.
2. Meet at an agreed "mutual" location, then say something like, "Something-something needs to dry at home (like paint or whatever.) and it's too hard to breathe despite windows being open". (I love coming up with excuses, although don't get me wrong! I just have outs in my head for evading stuff sensitive in nature for emergencies based on a nosey mother from hell that I had.):ROFLMAO:
(now more)
3. You have a friend over with illness (?) might work. So meet at their flat/hotel/whatever.
4. Shock the pants off them and tell the truth. Maybe parents know more than you think. UG. Happened to me. Why do you think I came up w/ so many darn BS examples? They're both gone now...in "Heaven". No sweat for me now.:unsure::whistle:

Wondercrinkee said:
I can't resist but to write this: A good 2+ "outs" come to mind:

1. Say you're exterminating and can't have company until the poisons settle.
2. Meet at an agreed "mutual" location, then say something like, "Something-something needs to dry at home (like paint or whatever.) and it's too hard to breathe despite windows being open". (I love coming up with excuses, although don't get me wrong! I just have outs in my head for evading stuff sensitive in nature for emergencies based on a nosey mother from hell that I had.):ROFLMAO:
(now more)
3. You have a friend over with illness (?) might work. So meet at their flat/hotel/whatever.
4. Shock the pants off them and tell the truth. Maybe parents know more than you think. UG. Happened to me. Why do you think I came up w/ so many darn BS examples? They're both gone now...in "Heaven". No sweat for me :unsure::whistle:
The first 3 ideas there are good, the only problem I would see is that her mum will get suspicious of why she can never come to see the house, especially so if used more than once.

Option 4 though,:unsure: outright telling the truth does have huge potential to go very badly depending on mums ideology however, might also be surprisingly easy. We often assume the worst will happen but a good parent only wants the best for their child, and for them to be successful. It may be the case that opening up might not be understood but could be accepted, but telling a parent about being AB is a bit more that just telling your mum "hey I like to wear diapers", it's a lot more to explain and harder to understand.
In this instance though there is the fact that Pril is obviously doing quite well enough in life to have moved far from home and have her own place that she keeps up with (helps if the rest of the house is clean, tidy and well managed), and also well enough to have a well stocked AB nursery (not exactly cheap). I don't know how well she is doing in other ways (work, education etc.) but that would all help too.
Telling her mum "hey before we have a tour of the house I have something important to tell you and please hear out my explanation..." and then walking her through some AB info might not have the devastating result expected, it may be difficult to explain things and may be an awkward or rough talk to have depending on how open mum is but either way it would solve the problem of having to hide everything whenever she comes round, she should understand it is your life you are an adult (even if you don't want to act so sometimes) and able to make your own decisions and live how you choose.
If it was me and I thought it would be a fairly common (like 3 or 4+ times a year) occurrence for mum to visit I would probably go with telling her, but I know my mum is of the accepting and understanding mindset that would take it in her stride, Otherwise I would just look for ways to make it easier to hide stuff thinking she doesn't really need to know.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz
Belarin said:
The first 3 ideas there are good, the only problem I would see is that her mum will get suspicious of why she can never come to see the house, especially so if used more than once.

Option 4 though,:unsure: outright telling the truth does have huge potential to go very badly depending on mums ideology however, might also be surprisingly easy. We often assume the worst will happen but a good parent only wants the best for their child, and for them to be successful. It may be the case that opening up might not be understood but could be accepted, but telling a parent about being AB is a bit more that just telling your mum "hey I like to wear diapers", it's a lot more to explain and harder to understand.
In this instance though there is the fact that Pril is obviously doing quite well enough in life to have moved far from home and have her own place that she keeps up with (helps if the rest of the house is clean, tidy and well managed), and also well enough to have a well stocked AB nursery (not exactly cheap). I don't know how well she is doing in other ways (work, education etc.) but that would all help too.
Telling her mum "hey before we have a tour of the house I have something important to tell you and please hear out my explanation..." and then walking her through some AB info might not have the devastating result expected, it may be difficult to explain things and may be an awkward or rough talk to have depending on how open mum is but either way it would solve the problem of having to hide everything whenever she comes round, she should understand it is your life you are an adult (even if you don't want to act so sometimes) and able to make your own decisions and live how you choose.
If it was me and I thought it would be a fairly common (like 3 or 4+ times a year) occurrence for mum to visit I would probably go with telling her, but I know my mum is of the accepting and understanding mindset that would take it in her stride, Otherwise I would just look for ways to make it easier to hide stuff thinking she doesn't really need to know.

I just don't have the kind of relationship with my mother where I could tell her. I know for some people this may be an option but in my family we don't talk about those things.

I am doing well in my career and happily married, which is why she now mostly focused on worrying about (read : interfering with) my brother.

One of the reasons I live far away is because my mother does NOT respect my privacy. I have not told her many many things about my life because I know she can be judgemental. This is definitely not something I will ever tell her unless I really have to

Not sure where you get an adult sized crib at, I guess it looks a bit self made maybe. I'd probably design and build my own, also with the intent of disassembly.

Maybe a little too bold, but if you have a kink positive friend or preferable an ABDL friend who lives close to your home. You could ask them if they are interested in pretending to be your "temporary" housemate. By letting someone else use your "room" nursery, your mom will actually care about their privacy more and it less likely to happen that she would enter.
If you do manage to find an ABDL friend, they more likely see it as a vacation or a treat rather than work or a favor.

Something that you could do to lessen the burden for that person is say/pretend they have a SO they go to on the weekends, them going on vacation for a couple of weeks or both. This way they can have some actual home time too!

If you resort to this I would recommend putting a standing privacy screen between the cot and the door incase your mom peeks in to call them (eg for dinner).

Last edited:
That hard hide maybe just tell you been rolling out of bed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Prillprillprill
Belarin said:

You're correct with all your points.
My brain learned the hard way to be wary. My mother was a control freak with some kind of unpredictable accusatory and evil side to her regardless of the truth or not. It left me so absolutely honest, it makes me sick, because I had to deal with her agonizing accusations about things, even with MY imagination; I wouldn't DARE come up with some of her past "material". It was sick. (It sure gave me a good sense of humor being around such an individual).
She pulled some "right off the deep-end weird shit" in her time here on this earth. Got to hand it to her. But she was clearly a miserable woman. Too bad she died in her early '70s. I have so much I wish now that I could say to her that would have rested my heart finally for the evil she pulled with everyone in the family. I wouldn't even be mean. I just want to finally call her on it. It's just that she was so unreceptive to logical communication, we all just walked away. Avoided her. She drank herself slowly to death. When she was drunk, she was fouler than any hooker in the green light district! (That's why I love laughing now. I've had the opposite of "normal" to know what's funny and what's not). :unsure:😊😉( "The Exorcist" movie has nothing on her in comparison. It was a cartoon.) That's why I have so many explanations for so many BS things. I had to. It was survival of the fittest in a land of CRAZY. Now, I'm a well-standing real caregiver in my community. Nothing surprises me. Yikes.

Wondercrinkee said:
My brain learned the hard way to be wary. My mother was a control freak with some kind of unpredictable accusatory and evil side to her regardless of the truth or not. It left me so absolutely honest, it makes me sick, because I had to deal with her agonizing accusations about things, even with MY imagination; I wouldn't DARE come up with some of her past "material". It was sick. (It sure gave me a good sense of humor being around such an individual).
She pulled some "right off the deep-end weird shit" in her time here on this earth. Got to hand it to her. But she was clearly a miserable woman. Too bad she died in her early '70s. I have so much I wish now that I could say to her that would have rested my heart finally for the evil she pulled with everyone in the family. I wouldn't even be mean. I just want to finally call her on it. It's just that she was so unreceptive to logical communication, we all just walked away. Avoided her. She drank herself slowly to death. When she was drunk, she was fouler than any hooker in the green light district! (That's why I love laughing now. I've had the opposite of "normal" to know what's funny and what's not). :unsure:😊😉( "The Exorcist" movie has nothing on her in comparison. It was a cartoon.) That's why I have so many explanations for so many BS things. I had to. It was survival of the fittest in a land of CRAZY. Now, I'm a well-standing real caregiver in my community. Nothing surprises me. Yikes.
That sounds awful I'm sorry.

• Love
Put locking knobs on each bedroom. That room is the home office or storage room but unfortunately the lock is broken and a locksmith won’t be here for a week. :p

MrPurple said:
Put locking knobs on each bedroom. That room is the home office or storage room but unfortunately the lock is broken and a locksmith won’t be here for a week. :p
Still gonna have the issue that if every time her mum comes to visit that room is locked or not shown she's gonna get suspicious. If telling her is out of the question then the best option would be to adapt the cot so the sides can be easily removed.

I'm not a carpenter so I'm not sure what the actual name of them is but there are brackets you can buy where one piece has like a strip of metal facing down that slides down into a "loop" of metal on another piece, some of these on the posts and the frame for the bars would let you just lift the sides off and stack them somewhere. Asking in any decent hardware shop and explain what you need to do (not what it's for) and they should be able to recommend something.

Alternatively get some really thin plywood and some bar clips (again don't know the name but a little bit like these), cut the wood to fit inside the frame and use the clips to temporarily hold it in place so the sides look solid and the bars hidden, put a sheet of wood over the top and claim it's a worktable with storage. might be a bit tall though.

I think trying to adapt it so that the sides can easily be slotted into place and removed would be the best bet for the long run, it also means if you move house it can easily be disassembled for moving.

Wondercrinkee said:
Sending the biggest hugs. Despite all that from what I've read here you seem to have grown into a strong well rounded and conscientious person. :)

• Love
Two thoughts.

Taking it apart seems like the best way to go about hiding it. Looks like the rails come off easy enough but the corner post are another story. If you remove them, then the whole bed frame comes apart. Still the easiest option.

My other thought is to hide the whole room. This can be done by adding a false wall in front of the door. This might not work depending on the layout of your place, or if it only has one bedroom. Sometimes it helps to put on shelves to make it look like a pantry or do 2 walls and make it a linen closet.

I said it before. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Last edited:
Reactions: Selene
Or you could just tell her the truth, ask for a nappy change and a bottle.
all said and done you will be making some decisions soon, good luck I hope it works out for you.
life is too short to let someone else run it for us.

Prillprillprill said:
That sounds awful I'm sorry.
It took a while to unscramble my head. My bro went to money-hoarding. I went to caring.
But I at least ended up with a wildly metaphoric-based mind. But the monster of paranoia comes sometimes at my low mood points.
But, thanks for sure big-time for the kind comments up there. I have to monitor myself a lot through life so I don't "Just run down the street naked in diapers with a goat in tow" or something. (laughing a touch.) But Nature saves my head, thankfully. And cartoons. And you guys!.😊 I will un-dorkify now.

Prillprillprill said:
So my mum lives quite far away, but has said multiple times she plans on coming to visit be for an extended period of time next year after she retires. She will not be staying with me but somewhere else nearby.

So my problem is, I need to hide any evidence of my baby side. No easy task as I have a fully stocked nursery for myself. There's plenty of storage in the loft so I can hind most things up there, but the thing I cannot hide is my cot / crib. It is an adult single sized cot with 90cm high bars and a door painted pink and white that is pretty unmistakably babyish.

she will definitely ask for a house tour so way to suspicious to say don't go in that room (especially as I didn't show her via video call with the excuse it was messy.)

I could take it apart, but not easily and would be difficult to put back together. Any suggestions? I've been really stressing about this as the idea of her finding out about my lifestyle fills me with dread.
So can you put like a tablecloth over it with a piece of plywood on top and use as a Ping Pong table with a net fastened in the middle ?

Prillprillprill said:

Tell her you will meet her someplace for lunch as you are having the place painted and it smells really awful right now.

TeddyJoy said:
My other thought is to hide the whole room. This can be done by adding a false wall in front of the door. This might not work depending on the layout of your place, or if it only has one bedroom. Sometimes it helps to put on shelves to make it look like a pantry or do 2 walls and make it a linen closet.
I think this is genious and most foolproof method so far, altough a little hard work would be required. It may prove a nicer solution than taking the whole cot apart and rebuilding it later but I am no expert on carpentry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cashew and Angelapinks
That might be the most amazing place I’ve seen for a while. It looks so great, cozy and wholesome

Back