How tight do you tape up your diaper ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a difficult question to answer because I have only ever done up my own diapers. I'm not even sure how tight is normal? I noticed like some others are saying that if you do it to tight at some point 1 minute late, 2 hours later it's going to break. Sometimes I feel like I did it to loose but ultimately I don't think you can answer this without trial and error. Just keep trying different levels of tightness and find what works best for you. Worst case scenario is you end up basically wasting a diaper when you realize it's to tight and it rips. If your diaper rips at home it's not that big of a deal. If your wearing out in public I would edge on the side of caution and make sure it's not to tight.

It's a difficult question to answer because I have only ever done up my own diapers. I'm not even sure how tight is normal? I noticed like some others are saying that if you do it to tight at some point 1 minute late, 2 hours later it's going to break. Sometimes I feel like I did it to loose but ultimately I don't think you can answer this without trial and error. Just keep trying different levels of tightness and find what works best for you. Worst case scenario is you end up basically wasting a diaper when you realize it's to tight and it rips. If your diaper rips at home it's not that big of a deal. If your wearing out in public I would edge on the side of caution and make sure it's not to tight.

Actually that's a pretty easy question to answer. Like we have said, snug but not tight. Able to easily get 1-2 fingers under the leg bands, and 4 fingers under the waist band.

Reactions: jonny77
Slomo said:
Actually that's a pretty easy question to answer. Like we have said, snug but not tight. Able to easily get 1-2 fingers under the leg bands, and 4 fingers under the waist band.

Not always the case Slowmo,if I leave 4 fingers I take five steps and my diaper is around my knees. Not enough waist or bum to hold up a diaper when not tight or at least snug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife usually tapes it on me as tight as possible, keeps it secure on me, plus eventually it'll stretch a bit as the hours go anyway, so it's future proofing it somewhat anyway.

I like mine snug , and it’s the most effective . I wear Depend fitted briefs and they are unforgiving when it comes to their tapes, u have to get it right the first time, otherwise u wil tear the briefs .

DLPJ said:
Not always the case Slowmo,if I leave 4 fingers I take five steps and my diaper is around my knees. Not enough waist or bum to hold up a diaper when not tight or at least snug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True. That general rule of thumb for snugness is for the majority that do have hip bones.

I put them on so it doesn't. Leak . if you put too tight the tapes will pop off. And its uncomfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back