how many people her have had diarrhea cause a bladder infection.

winterheart01 said:
Damn, I thought I had a hard time with my infections but you're definitely having a much worse time.

Glad to hear you're doing better, I'm also infection free for now, occasionally some flare ups but nothing to worry about luckily.
Do take good care and I hope things are going well for you in the long run
They are no fun no matter how bad they get, they all suck! Thank you..
My biggest issue is I have interstitial cystitis really bad and I almost always feel like I have a bad infection and flared. So my issue with that is I can not tell when it is IC or infection so often I end up letting it go until the infection is real bad because I can't tell the difference in the pain. I will normally try to avoid a bit in a clear cup so I can see if it is cloudy but often it will look cloudy and not be infected. My big tale on if it is an infection is odor. Well that and a fever, but by then it is pretty bad. lol

I finally had surgery today to put back in.. because I am allergic to IV's lol It took them 5 tries with the ultrasound to get in a vein, plus the 3 tries before they believed me that they have to use a ultra sound to get IV access. But they was not listening to anything I ha to say like the fact I am incontinent. They said everything off but gown. I told her I cant hold it my IC is very flared and I will pee in the bed I have no choice. She said well if you do we will clean you up. Not sure how many times I pissed myself but the 4 hours I was there they changed my sheets and bed pad 3 times and when I left I gifted them a wet bed too. Lol I don't understand why they do that to me, as this is not the first time they have done it and it is my local hospital they know me way to well and know I use diapers.

• Sad
Reactions: uknappygirl and Edgewater
Diaperman95 said:
They are no fun no matter how bad they get, they all suck! Thank you..
My biggest issue is I have interstitial cystitis really bad and I almost always feel like I have a bad infection and flared. So my issue with that is I can not tell when it is IC or infection so often I end up letting it go until the infection is real bad because I can't tell the difference in the pain. I will normally try to avoid a bit in a clear cup so I can see if it is cloudy but often it will look cloudy and not be infected. My big tale on if it is an infection is odor. Well that and a fever, but by then it is pretty bad. lol

I finally had surgery today to put back in.. because I am allergic to IV's lol It took them 5 tries with the ultrasound to get in a vein, plus the 3 tries before they believed me that they have to use a ultra sound to get IV access. But they was not listening to anything I ha to say like the fact I am incontinent. They said everything off but gown. I told her I cant hold it my IC is very flared and I will pee in the bed I have no choice. She said well if you do we will clean you up. Not sure how many times I pissed myself but the 4 hours I was there they changed my sheets and bed pad 3 times and when I left I gifted them a wet bed too. Lol I don't understand why they do that to me, as this is not the first time they have done it and it is my local hospital they know me way to well and know I use diapers.
That's so incredibly demeaning, when they tell you to just wet the bed and they'll clean it up. Like sitting in a puddle of pee is somehow better than a wet diaper.

• Love
Reactions: uknappygirl and Diaperman95
Thankfully I rarely get diarrhea (It's been years). And I haven't had a bladder infection since I was a younger child. Being F-IC/U-IC has always been a chance of getting an infection. The only thing I can do is to clean-up and change. It doesn't hurt to have a perfect cleaning process. At least it limits the chances. Remember that you don't have to be only U/IC. Anyone can get that. But I have BM's daily. How I didn't get frequent bladder infections is beyond me.

Reactions: uknappygirl, Diaperman95 and Edgewater
greatlake5 said:
Thankfully I rarely get diarrhea (It's been years). And I haven't had a bladder infection since I was a younger child. Being F-IC/U-IC has always been a chance of getting an infection. The only thing I can do is to clean-up and change. It doesn't hurt to have a perfect cleaning process. At least it limits the chances. Remember that you don't have to be only U/IC. Anyone can get that. But I have BM's daily. How I didn't get frequent bladder infections is beyond me.
Clearly, it's your clean-up process!!

Reactions: greatlake5
Diaperman95 said:
Guy or or girl. I know it is way more likely to happen with women. I woke up this morning in a soaking wet diaper. As I pull it down... Surprise surprise It is not just piss it is liquid shit with piss and it is all over my front side up to the waste. Not sure how that even happened?... I assume sleeping on my stomach. But now I have the tale tale burning and signs of an infection starting. I just got over a blood infection. Man I need my turn to get off the damn merry go round. of infections. I am supposed to have my port put back in wed. but If I am running a fever that wont happen. How many of you with loose fecal IC get bladder infections from it. I bet it is far more likely in women due to the short plumbing.

Just ranting.. Have I told you guys I hate fecal IC. Anyone that thinks this sounds fun has lost their mind!!!!!!
Yes. It is a constant problem that diarrhea itself doesn't have to cause.
I never stay in a soiled diaper for longer than I must, yet there are times (Usually during a long drive, in-between places to stop and tend to things), where my preference doesn't matter, and I've had to deal with U.T.I. issues.

Reactions: uknappygirl and Diaperman95
Tine said:
Yes. It is a constant problem that diarrhea itself doesn't have to cause.
I never stay in a soiled diaper for longer than I must, yet there are times (Usually during a long drive, in-between places to stop and tend to things), where my preference doesn't matter, and I've had to deal with U.T.I. issues.
I don't ever stay in a dirty diaper and I get them even without the poop. Just being in a wet diaper can cause. The better the diaper the less the issue when it comes to wet diapers but dirty diapers there really is no stopping it. I change as soon as I can but when it happens at night and you have no clue it is hard.

greatlake5 said:
Well I have had enough for every member here to have had 4 or 5 of them. My God I have just been through so many uti to kidney to blood infections in my life. Like I could not even come close to guessing the number of UTI's it has to be in the 1000's kidney infections in the 100's and well over 20 blood infections and 2 heart infections that all came from UTI's. I remember my 1st UTI in 1st grade. I use to get out of class anytime I wanted because I always had a doctors note that told them I do not need to hold it. I never fully empty even though I am incontinent my bladder holds on to 100cc. It use to hold onto a lot more. They want me to catheter every day to keep it out as stagnant urine becomes a issue. Then add in bowel incontinence and messy diapers on top of. That and the last few years I have gotten a bit lazy at passing a catheter. I just find it funny most people only think girls get uti's. I was even treated like shit from several teachers that did not believe young males could have bladder issues.

I know it could not of been all peaches and cream growing up for you with fecal incontinence and you have had plenty of struggles.
I find what does not kill us makes us stronger. I am just afraid of my luck running out one day and dying of sepsis. Many people do not survive just one blood infection. Then it sure does piss me off when I read of idiots using catheter or homemade stents to try and become incontinent. Then they say.. "if I get a UTI I will just take some antibiotics and get better". Like I know more than anyone else, that I know.. That a UTI can really be deadly and I do not want others to act like it is no big deal and encourage others to do dumb things. Same for people that chose to set in a shit filled diaper for 8 hours. WHY???????

Reactions: slimjiminy
I think this has absolutely convinced me that diapers must not be pooped in. I have ulcerative colitis and the temptation is to just let go sometimes rather than struggle to reach the toilet, but from now on it must be the toilet

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95
Back