how many people her have had diarrhea cause a bladder infection.

Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Guy or or girl. I know it is way more likely to happen with women. I woke up this morning in a soaking wet diaper. As I pull it down... Surprise surprise It is not just piss it is liquid shit with piss and it is all over my front side up to the waste. Not sure how that even happened?... I assume sleeping on my stomach. But now I have the tale tale burning and signs of an infection starting. I just got over a blood infection. Man I need my turn to get off the damn merry go round. of infections. I am supposed to have my port put back in wed. but If I am running a fever that wont happen. How many of you with loose fecal IC get bladder infections from it. I bet it is far more likely in women due to the short plumbing.

Just ranting.. Have I told you guys I hate fecal IC. Anyone that thinks this sounds fun has lost their mind!!!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: Zeke, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
My full sympathies!

So far, my F-IC has occurred only while standing and awake. And so far I have not needed to sit in it either to drive home for example. So no, I have not been infected by diarrhea.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
Neither, have I! My most recent experience was as part of an intestinal Flu, one of those not included in this year's flu shot. But, although I had zero control and diarrhea was a reality, I was changing often and with great luck, I missed the effects of a bladder infection.

Keep getting better good friend!

Reactions: Diprs2
I just got over a UTI that I suspect was caused by liquid stool. They found E. faecalis bacteria when they did a urine culture, which is a very common bacteria in the GI tract and also one of the very common bacteria that causes UTIs.

With m ileostomy, though, it's not because of stool in my diaper. My ileo output varies from liquid to soft paste, and it's often hard to keep it from splattering when I empty the pouch. And what's right there next to the pouch opening? My urethra. I suspect that my recent UTI was the result of some ileostomy output splattering and the bacteria making it up into my bladder from the urethral opening.

• Wow
ltaluv said:
I just got over a UTI that I suspect was caused by liquid stool. They found E. faecalis bacteria when they did a urine culture, which is a very common bacteria in the GI tract and also one of the very common bacteria that causes UTIs.

With m ileostomy, though, it's not because of stool in my diaper. My ileo output varies from liquid to soft paste, and it's often hard to keep it from splattering when I empty the pouch. And what's right there next to the pouch opening? My urethra. I suspect that my recent UTI was the result of some ileostomy output splattering and the bacteria making it up into my bladder from the urethral opening.

It don't take much. My wife has a sigmoid ostomy.

Yes! A few years ago we had to cancel a trip to the Caribbean due to a nasty UTI I got through stool in my diaper. It was an e coli infection and to date is still probably the sickest I've ever felt. A trip to my PCP and antibiotics took care of it quickly, but I hope to not have to go through that again.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Diaperman95
RedStripeLvr said:
Yes! A few years ago we had to cancel a trip to the Caribbean due to a nasty UTI I got through stool in my diaper. It was an e coli infection and to date is still probably the sickest I've ever felt. A trip to my PCP and antibiotics took care of it quickly, but I hope to not have to go through that again.ty
they can make a person feel pretty damn rough.... I wish I could say its a new condition for me but it it happens to me all the time.

• Sad
Well it for sure is an infection. So back on antibiotics. All of the people that think shitting them self to be fun needs to experience this. Why does a person who does not enjoy being incontinent have to get blessed with this shit? I only hope people that do like to go poop in a diaper can learn from my xperience. I was sound a sleep and unaware I had even pooped. But I know a lot of folks on here (not too smart) that say how they love to set in it and bounce around smearing it all over them for hours before changing.

Well UTI is no fun my dick feels like it is full of razors my bladder wont stop spasming and now my right kidney is starting to hurt as well. To my fellow incontinent members try to get out your poop diapers ASAP and clean up well. I have had 1000's of UTI's in my life and this will not be the last one. But I just wanted to share how easy it is to get an infection from wearing diapers. Even staying in soaking wet diapers to long can cause a UTI. But the bacteria in poop is a sure fire fast way to get one.

Thank you guys for the prayers and be safe

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, daylight and Edgewater
Well, the intestinal flu I had this month did lead into a UTI as I had several days when whatever went in came back-out, one way or the other. I had shifted to all disposables to cut back on the washing. I have another several days of the antibiotic to go.

I hear you regarding those playing in their messy diapers. Dumb luck is not a good tool to avoid getting a UTI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, Diaperman95 and daylight
My sympathies. It would make sense to get a uti from diarrhea especially since it involves a confined warm, damp, dark space with high concentrations of bacteria content (diaper area) and entrances into your body. I am lucky I've never had one because of this but I usually clean that area fairly thoroughly after a bm. I hope you get better soon.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Diaperman95
So 12:30 this morning I find my kidneys pounding so bad I can't take it my head pounding throwing up and fever. Went to ER and the infection has spread to my kidneys and I am yet again in the freaking hospital. I just got out of the hospital for a blood infection on the 9th.

Then the fun last night this morning. They had removed my port thinking it was the cause of the blood infection. So I had the port for bad IV access the last 3 years. So I got to be a pin cushion for 2 hours while they tried to start a IV. So 12 or 15 stabs later they finally had a guy bring in a ultrasound and use it to start an IV. Like really they had someone working that could do that but they stabbed 15 times beforehand knowing I have no IV access.

I get my port put back in Wed as long as I am not to sick for the surgery.

I am feeling a lot better after getting a couple bags of fluids.

• Love
As always good friend, our home is with you and pray for your continued progress regarding this illness!

Reactions: Diaperman95 and Diprs2
I hope you get better and go home very soon!

Reactions: Diaperman95, Diprs2 and Edgewater
I used to get nasty UTI from my bowel incontinence, before they did the Supra-pubic catheter. Since that was done two years ago only one infection to date. That was a descending infection related to a small stone. I hope you get better soon. The best you can do is try to keep things clean and when things get messy at night, its impossible. I know as night messes happen to me often.

Reactions: Diaperman95
Thought I was pass all the infections. I went to get my port put back in today that they took out when they thought it was causing my blood infectionns. I was due to have it back in last wed when this infection turned to a kidney infection and landed me in the hospital. So all ready to go off all antibiotrce of the ics and today they start the IV that to several tries. I was just waiting my turn to be taken back and someone said oh we did not get your vitals. "Oh " she said. 101.9 fever. Do you feel good she said? to which I reply I never feel good but if you are asking if I feel bad like I have a blood infections again the answer is.. no! But they decided to draw a lot of blood & do cultures instead. He told me he will not do the surgery until they figure out the cause of my fever and that all blood cultures came back clear. Yesterday I had fluids drawn off of my hip replacement and the dude was scratching along the bone with the needle looking for infection. I wonder if it is infected and he stirred it up. I hope not because if it is the source of all my blood infections I am screwed! it will have to come out and a spacer put in place I can't walk on made out of cement and antibiotic powders. I would have this for 6 to 12 weeks along with 2 or 3 time a day IV antibiotics. Before the new hip could go back in. This year sucks so far!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: PaddedPonyboy, durgan87, ltaluv and 1 other person
So wed they said I had a fever and would not let me have my surgery. Then Thursday I had an appointment with the nephrologist. On the way home from Tulsa. Oops goes the shit. Just a little waze from the house I start to potty. Well it was loose and got all over me. By last night I had102 fever throwing up headache and all. once again in the hospital for suspected kidney infection. This is just my home from home I guess. It sucks spending so much time in hospital

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: slimjiminy, Edgewater and PaddedPonyboy
that's an insane amount of infections and hospital trips to deal with, i'm sorry you're going through this. i always wondered if messing your diaper could cause this kind of infection, i'm very sorry to hear that it's affecting your kidneys. i hope the hospital is able to get it together and help you, and get all of this calmed down and taken care of. i hope they're able to minimize the risks of further infection/re-infection, as well. good luck, i hate that you're going through this but i'm glad you're keeping us posted. we care about you here

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95 and Edgewater
PaddedPonyboy said:
that's an insane amount of infections and hospital trips to deal with, i'm sorry you're going through this. i always wondered if messing your diaper could cause this kind of infection, i'm very sorry to hear that it's affecting your kidneys. i hope the hospital is able to get it together and help you, and get all of this calmed down and taken care of. i hope they're able to minimize the risks of further infection/re-infection, as well. good luck, i hate that you're going through this but i'm glad you're keeping us posted. we care about you here
Thank you. I am thinking that they kicked me out to soon last time. Even my doctor wanted me to stay longer but the insurance said he is well enough. But I was having kidney pain every since. So I really don't think it was ever gone.

Did you have kidney stones they love to get infected. My GF almost died over what you are describing.
Her kidneys were shutting down
That water has to go somewhere.
If it's not being filtered by the kidneys. Contact you Dr this can be very serious does your back hurt.
That's telling you your kidneys are in destress.

Reactions: Edgewater
Diaperman95 said:
Guy or or girl. I know it is way more likely to happen with women. I woke up this morning in a soaking wet diaper. As I pull it down... Surprise surprise It is not just piss it is liquid shit with piss and it is all over my front side up to the waste. Not sure how that even happened?... I assume sleeping on my stomach. But now I have the tale tale burning and signs of an infection starting. I just got over a blood infection. Man I need my turn to get off the damn merry go round. of infections. I am supposed to have my port put back in wed. but If I am running a fever that wont happen. How many of you with loose fecal IC get bladder infections from it. I bet it is far more likely in women due to the short plumbing.

Just ranting.. Have I told you guys I hate fecal IC. Anyone that thinks this sounds fun has lost their mind!!!!!!
Diaperman, I had this problem with UTI’s when I first became incontinent and that’s when I started changing how I diapered. Being as I’m almost always wearing cloth diapers I started adding a folded terry hand towel as a liner with it unfolded forming a “V” in the front and back and remaining folded in the crotch area. This provides a barrier to prevent feces moving forward which has greatly reduced my incidents of UTI’s. The few times that I have had one after using the liner has always been when wearing disposables without a liner for a barrier. A while back I tried some disposable boosters, or doublers, from North Shore which when worn far enough forward seemed to provide a similar barrier to that of a folded terry liner.

Reactions: Edgewater
Back