how many people her have had diarrhea cause a bladder infection.

I have just been in hospital for a week, with something called a fistula. its when you have gas n poo in your wee. I was very ill with this and i'm on some strong antibiotics to kill the infection. on friday I have to return to hospital for some more tests and eventually I will need a small operation on my water works. it wasn't very nice when it flared up, but I'm ok at the moment, as long as I stay on my medication.

• Wow
Reactions: moorey and Edgewater
foxkits said:
Did you have kidney stones they love to get infected. My GF almost died over what you are describing.
Her kidneys were shutting down
That water has to go somewhere.
If it's not being filtered by the kidneys. Contact you Dr this can be very serious does your back hurt.
That's telling you your kidneys are in destress
I am in the hospital. My doctor knows. I am going to the urologist next month. I know he will ultrasound. Because In the past I always got the uricacid stones they are invisible to X RAY.

• Wow
Reactions: Edgewater
Diaperman95 said:
Thank you. I am thinking that they kicked me out to soon last time. Even my doctor wanted me to stay longer but the insurance said he is well enough. But I was having kidney pain every since. So I really don't think it was ever gone.
That is exactly how these infections get resistant to antibiotics. And those stome hold bacteria bad....maybe see if Hiprex or something similar help prevent these from starting?

Reactions: Diaperman95 and Edgewater
ben0510 said:
I have just been in hospital for a week, with something called a fistula. its when you have gas n poo in your wee. I was very ill with this and i'm on some strong antibiotics to kill the infection. on friday I have to return to hospital for some more tests and eventually I will need a small operation on my water works. it wasn't very nice when it flared up, but I'm ok at the moment, as long as I stay on my medication.
Do you know what caused the fistula? I know they're pretty common with Crohn's, but there are various other things that can cause them as well.

I hope your upcoming surgery and healing go well!

Reactions: Edgewater and Diaperman95
ltaluv said:
Do you know what caused the fistula? I know they're pretty common with Crohn's, but there are various other things that can cause them as well.

I hope your upcoming surgery and healing go well!
NO. The doctors do not know what caused it. I'm going to hospital on friday for an endiscope to see just how bad it is and also how to tackle it. and also maybe the cause of all this may become clearer.

ben0510 said:
NO. The doctors do not know what caused it. I'm going to hospital on friday for an endiscope to see just how bad it is and also how to tackle it. and also maybe the cause of all this may become clearer.
You got to luv when bad shit happens and they don't have a clue why or how to stop it.
Hang in there. You guys always have friends here. I love this group

Reactions: Edgewater and ltaluv
I too had a UTI with the E. faecalis bacteria but not from stool, the doctor said (assumed) the bacteria passed through cellular walls to my prostate and reproduced there, and causing a massive infection in the entire lower urinary tract.
I took antibiotics for many months , different types, then later after my first TURP I somehow got the e-colli bacteria in my bladder neck, and 15 years later I still have it, it's chronic and quite resistant to meds.
after my last surgery I was fine for 3 years but now it's back.
Lab test is underway, scan for kidney stones was negative, in 2 weeks they're going to see what's causing that bacteria to build up.

• Wow
Well it is no doubt it is my
winterheart01 said:
I too had a UTI with the E. faecalis bacteria but not from stool, the doctor said (assumed) the bacteria passed through cellular walls to my prostate and reproduced there, and causing a massive infection in the entire lower urinary tract.
I took antibiotics for many months , different types, then later after my first TURP I somehow got the e-colli bacteria in my bladder neck, and 15 years later I still have it, it's chronic and quite resistant to meds.
after my last surgery I was fine for 3 years but now it's back.
Lab test is underway, scan for kidney stones was negative, in 2 weeks they're going to see what's causing that bacteria to build up.
sorry to hear that please keep me posted. I guessi Dr is trying to get a hold of. The dr that put my hip in and see if it is infected. They asperated it Tuesday last wee. Now here I am again

• Wow
Diaperman95 said:
Well it is no doubt it is my

sorry to hear that please keep me posted. I guessi Dr is trying to get a hold of. The dr that put my hip in and see if it is infected. They asperated it Tuesday last wee. Now here I am again
Well, for some unknown reason the infection is suddenly gone after several weeks o.o
No more pain, lab tests both blood and urine were good, no bacteria, no white blood cells and the pain stopped too. Though this is normal for a chronic recurring UTI.

So I'm curious what he'll find when he's taking a look inside

winterheart01 said:
Well, for some unknown reason the infection is suddenly gone after several weeks o.o
No more pain, lab tests both blood and urine were good, no bacteria, no white blood celland the pain stopped too. Though this is normal for a chronic recurring UTI.

So I'm curious what he'll find when he's taking a look inside
Yeah. Scope is the best way. I have a defect from birth and my right tube drains slow. So I can't slam liquds real fast or I o ER load my kid ey.

I am still hanging out I here at the hospital. It turns out I have yet another blood infection 😭

I think this has kinda turned to a blog about my health as well so here is the update. I woke up throwing up with a 102 fever saturday night sunday morning. I had went to bed before midnight due to feeling like shit. My kidneys hurt so bad and I had a horrible headache. So I ended up in the ER and they put me in the hospital on the thought of a kidney infection. I guess I had a minor UTI and they was surprised it was causing such a big fuss but because of the fever and vomiting they kept me. In fact they know me all to well and they know 90% of the time I go to the ER that I going to stay because I have held out until I am stupid sick. So they kept me until thursday on IV antibiotics. But they let me go at 5:15 thursday on a oral med. But I get a phone call at 6pm from my infectionist doctor saying do not let them dis charge you we are trying to reach your doctor. I said too late. She said I reviewed your echo myself and even though the radiologist said I was good she w signs of endocarditis and was okay with me leaving but wanted me to go home on a pick line with IV antibiotics. So now I have to go in monday or tuesday get a pickline and have 6 to 12 weeks of antibiotics. As well as many more test. I had my hip replacement checked for infection on the 12th. They drew fluids to culture. They kept telling my doctor they had not seen growth after a week but not all results was in. Come to find out the SOB's never checked it because they did not draw enough fluids off the first time. So it could still be my new hip causing it. As I have had 5 major blood infections in the 14 months it has been in me. 3 just this year alone. Of course /i got good and stopped up in the hospital and had to beg to take miralax plus for some dumb reason they took me off of my linzess that helps my bowel stay moving. So I went from sunday to tuesday with no BM I finally got miralax Wed and Thu morning but it was friday morning at home it hit me after also getting back on my linzess. So I woke around 5am yesterday shitting myself as I get up and run to the restroom. I get tunnel vision almost black out because my BP dropped from jumping up so damn fast. At what point my bowels really let go. OMG It promise you I tested the limits of a mega max. I am glad I had came too and was not stil in bed as it would of been a blow out forsure. The poo was 2 in deep all the way even with the top of the leakguards. I wish to fuck I was in the hospital to make the idiots that skipped my poop meds to clean me up. Without a doubt the biggest mess I ever made. I am glad I am on and have been on strong antibiotics because my little guy was swimming in the poop flood. I am just worn the fuck out. If anyone wants to say a prayer for diaperman95 the lord will know who I am. I am just about to give up the will to live. Like why does life have to be so hard for a few of us. It is not the incontinence that has me down. I have fully accepted it but the gastroparesis and repeat blood infections and the nerve pain my Blood pressure drops so low some days that I cant even take my pain meds. Life it just gets old. I am a good person I do not steel or beat women do drugs excetra. Why me? if the last 5 years of life is a window into my future then I want to close that window.

Anyway sorry to sound like a downer today. Maybe tomorrow I will be in better spirits. I think I might go back to trying to sleep my life away. I would say it is less depressing in my sleep but last night I dreamed of a diaper blow out in front of everyone I know.

• Wow
Reactions: winterheart01 and Edgewater
Diaperman95 said:
I think this has kinda turned to a blog about my health as well so here is the update. I woke up throwing up with a 102 fever saturday night sunday morning. I had went to bed before midnight due to feeling like shit. My kidneys hurt so bad and I had a horrible headache. So I ended up in the ER and they put me in the hospital on the thought of a kidney infection. I guess I had a minor UTI and they was surprised it was causing such a big fuss but because of the fever and vomiting they kept me. In fact they know me all to well and they know 90% of the time I go to the ER that I going to stay because I have held out until I am stupid sick. So they kept me until thursday on IV antibiotics. But they let me go at 5:15 thursday on a oral med. But I get a phone call at 6pm from my infectionist doctor saying do not let them dis charge you we are trying to reach your doctor. I said too late. She said I reviewed your echo myself and even though the radiologist said I was good she w signs of endocarditis and was okay with me leaving but wanted me to go home on a pick line with IV antibiotics. So now I have to go in monday or tuesday get a pickline and have 6 to 12 weeks of antibiotics. As well as many more test. I had my hip replacement checked for infection on the 12th. They drew fluids to culture. They kept telling my doctor they had not seen growth after a week but not all results was in. Come to find out the SOB's never checked it because they did not draw enough fluids off the first time. So it could still be my new hip causing it. As I have had 5 major blood infections in the 14 months it has been in me. 3 just this year alone. Of course /i got good and stopped up in the hospital and had to beg to take miralax plus for some dumb reason they took me off of my linzess that helps my bowel stay moving. So I went from sunday to tuesday with no BM I finally got miralax Wed and Thu morning but it was friday morning at home it hit me after also getting back on my linzess. So I woke around 5am yesterday shitting myself as I get up and run to the restroom. I get tunnel vision almost black out because my BP dropped from jumping up so damn fast. At what point my bowels really let go. OMG It promise you I tested the limits of a mega max. I am glad I had came too and was not stil in bed as it would of been a blow out forsure. The poo was 2 in deep all the way even with the top of the leakguards. I wish to fuck I was in the hospital to make the idiots that skipped my poop meds to clean me up. Without a doubt the biggest mess I ever made. I am glad I am on and have been on strong antibiotics because my little guy was swimming in the poop flood. I am just worn the fuck out. If anyone wants to say a prayer for diaperman95 the lord will know who I am. I am just about to give up the will to live. Like why does life have to be so hard for a few of us. It is not the incontinence that has me down. I have fully accepted it but the gastroparesis and repeat blood infections and the nerve pain my Blood pressure drops so low some days that I cant even take my pain meds. Life it just gets old. I am a good person I do not steel or beat women do drugs excetra. Why me? if the last 5 years of life is a window into my future then I want to close that window.

Anyway sorry to sound like a downer today. Maybe tomorrow I will be in better spirits. I think I might go back to trying to sleep my life away. I would say it is less depressing in my sleep but last night I dreamed of a diaper blow out in front of everyone I know.
Know that our household keeps you in our Prayers, good friend!

I have no answer for you based on your question of: Why You?
Only that you are important to many of us here as you show, sadly to often, that when we question ourselves, we have you to define how simple we have it. Clearly, not comforting for you, good friend.

May comfort comes to you and that they find the source of your infections!

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95 and daylight
Edgewater said:
Know that our household keeps you in our Prayers, good friend!

I have no answer for you based on your question of: Why You? .
Only that you are important to many of us here as you show, sadly to often, that when we question ourselves, we have you to define h now simple we have it. Clearly, not comforting for you, good friend.

May comfort comes to you and that they find the source of your infections!
Your prayers are such a blessing. I know I have many good friends here that pray for me and others. I do believe in the Lord and he does give me strength. I am in a better headspace about things today. I am about to call it a night. I have to be in Tulsa an hour away in the morning at 9:30 to go get my PICC line started and get my first round of antibiotics. Then I have to dart across town to the south side to get my transesophageal echocardiogram they really feel it might be a heart infection now so they are trying to figure out how much damage has been caused and get a game plan on it. I feel I finally got hold of a great infectious doctor and she is treating it seriously and fast. So things I hope will improve.

I have prayed about it and I am going to leave it in Gods hands and In your prayers as well.. I know I will have days I get down and depressed but hey.... That is just life in 2024 for most everyone. But I cant say how much you your family and this group mean to me and my well mental being. I even felt good enough to go bowling tonight. I rolled 202, 204, & 214 for a 620 series tonight. One of my better nights as of lately. Before my hip surgery that was pretty much a normal night but I have been in a bad slump as of late. So it felt good to just go roll a ball and have some fun. Even if I do get fatigued a bit faster an not near the bowler I once was.

• Love
Reactions: EcoIncon and Edgewater
OMG the picc line was a cluster. I am such a hard stick it took well over a hour to get it put in place. Three try's and they had to dilate the Vein to get it in place. it just was not fun at all. Pretty painful too. I have had 1000s of IV's and I had a catheter port for several years and now the picc. If you need IV meds very often the catheter port mounted under the skin are by far the best way. As soon as I clear this infection mine is going back in place. I know for most people it is not a big deal to get a IV or PICC line but those of us with por veins it sucks. The doctor putting mine in said he had done 1000's and never had such trouble on someone especially someone under 50. The PA nurse tried to do it a few times and they had to call in a doctor to place it. But it is all good now it is in place and I started my meds today about 1pm. I am not looking forward to having this hang out of my am the next 6 weeks. But I guess it beats dying of heart disease.

• Love
Diaperman95 said:
Your prayers are such a blessing. I know I have many good friends here that pray for me and others. I do believe in the Lord and he does give me strength. I am in a better headspace about things today. I am about to call it a night. I have to be in Tulsa an hour away in the morning at 9:30 to go get my PICC line started and get my first round of antibiotics. Then I have to dart across town to the south side to get my transesophageal echocardiogram they really feel it might be a heart infection now so they are trying to figure out how much damage has been caused and get a game plan on it. I feel I finally got hold of a great infectious doctor and she is treating it seriously and fast. So things I hope will improve.

I have prayed about it and I am going to leave it in Gods hands and In your prayers as well.. I know I will have days I get down and depressed but hey.... That is just life in 2024 for most everyone. But I cant say how much you your family and this group mean to me and my well mental being. I even felt good enough to go bowling tonight. I rolled 202, 204, & 214 for a 620 series tonight. One of my better nights as of lately. Before my hip surgery that was pretty much a normal night but I have been in a bad slump as of late. So it felt good to just go roll a ball and have some fun. Even if I do get fatigued a bit faster an not near the bowler I once was.
620 in the situation you've been in lately is nothing short of a miracle. I am sorry you're dealing with all of this. I'm so glad you got out to go bowling. It's amazing what just a little bit of fun can do for your mental state... and amazing what a bit of help for your mental state can do for your health.

Be well and keep us posted.

Bless you. Every little bit helps. Today is a GP bad day. Throwing up. I got hung on the phone with my insurance and ended up shitting myself. But they was trying to get me some free meals sent to my house every week for a while as I am still pretty sick.

• Sad
Reactions: EcoIncon and Edgewater
Back