How many different types of diapers do you keep on hand?

cantwait

Life is full of surprises.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was curious how many different types of diapers people keep in their inventory. I find that I break them up by capacity and activity. I have a low, medium, and high capacity plastic bag diaper. And a low, medium, and high capacity cloth back diaper.
Is this normal, or do you just have one to go to diaper?

Reactions: MegaLugia, Jorelaxed, Canadianfalls and 2 others
I have cloth and high capacity overnights, and for daytime use I have medium capacity nappies, medium capacity pull ups and high capacity guards.

Reactions: MegaLugia and cantwait
I get a subscription box of various heavy capacity. I generally use them by capacity (it varies a bit) but I always have a variety. I also keep some plain ones for appointments that will give me a decent amount of time. And I have some thin daytimes as well.

My go-to is high cap for daily use at home, I use 3 to 5 diapers a day on average. I also have a stash of cloth that will last 2-4 days without having to wash, just in case.

It's nice to have options so you don't feel like you might waste capacity.

Reactions: MegaLugia, cantwait, swirrll and 1 other person
I have cloth nappies as well. I prefer them to the disposables but there are advantages with both. I have two cupboards, one with terry nappies (shaped ones I make myself) and the plastic pants (3 types) and four/five disposables. These are mostly Rearz and Tykables, but I have just discovered Peekabus which are similar to Playdayz from NRU here in the UK. If I have to be super discrete I have Abena pull-ups which do a pretty good job.

Reactions: cantwait
I get my diapers for free.
my workday diaper is a Tena maxi with an insert. Nighttime diaper Tena Ultima.
still working with my continence nurse about which diaper I shall use in the afternoon / evening.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Constantlydamp and cantwait
I always have tens maxi slips, attends level 10s and some comfort extra and super pads in stock.

Reactions: Constantlydamp and cantwait
Due to the fact i tested a lot in the last three years, i do have a fair amount of different types at home, but i am reducing them at the moment.

The ones i do use mainly now are about 10 - 15 different types. Additional about the same amount one size smaller, i am between sizes for some time, the "L" most time overlapping and "M" still to small to be secure.

In the end i will go with 6 different types i think, my incontinence changes a lot, so i need more than one type for everything, if i would need to just choose one, it would be Attends Active 10 or Molicare Premium Elastic 9. They fit most of my needs, but sometimes i like a pants or something like a Megamax / Betterdry / Incontrol.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, daylight and cantwait
I also just use my few regular products. But, I do have some left over from bags/samples in the past that I no longer use. These are kept for emergencies like when my usual products are no longer immediately available.

I keep high capacity for nights. And mid capacity for the day time. And when i have a rash. I'll use a pull up. With a tena night pad in it. I change the pad as i go on with the day. The pull up catches any leaks.

Reactions: HappyCamper and cantwait
@cantwait same here, and I think this approach is not unusual at all and rather common. I keep a range of products across absorbency and form factor: lighter mainly as cloth backed diapers and pull-ons, medium absorbency diapers, and extended/overnight diapers. I have mostly moved away from plastic backed diapers for comfort and skin health.

My incontinence is not predictable (e.g., constant/stress leaking, or overflow) rather some days are good and others not so much.

Reactions: MegaLugia, HappyCamper and cantwait
Well, many.
Pads and pullups for light days. Mostly amozon stuff.
Tranquility ATN for more aggressive day time wetting.
Betterdry, or Crinklz for over night and heavy wetting days.

You need the right tool for the job.

I keep just High capacity as night or day plastic backed, of course I learned a long time ago you can't trust clothe backed, I have auto delivery every 15 days, case of 60 at a time. My doc writes me a script for 4 a day for 3 months.

Reactions: MegaLugia and cantwait
I still have a supply of Confidry 24/7's. And I have a couple of cases of Abena. Along with a few cases with NS Eternadry contour boosters. Sometimes I wear a Ecoable pocket diaper and inserts when I play golf and tennis along with cycling or softball.

Reactions: MegaLugia, cantwait and HappyCamper
greatlake5 said:
I still have a supply of Confidry 24/7's. And I have a couple of cases of Abena. Along with a few cases with NS Eternadry contour boosters. Sometimes I wear a Ecoable pocket diaper and inserts when I play golf and tennis along with cycling or softball.
Wish I could get by without a full diaper on playing golf...

I have a few types of diapers available.
- Seni Quatro for nighttime
- Tena Proskin Maxi for daytime use as long as I'm working in my home office or generally being at home when discreetness is not first priority
- Attends Flex when being out and around and active - discreet, comfortable, reliable for 4-6 hours also while bicycling or on long walks
- Tena Flex Plus if I need for what reason ever a thin, maximum discreet diaper which is good for 2-3 hours - for example doctor's visit, sports workout or something similar

Reactions: Lethdale, MegaLugia, Constantlydamp and 1 other person
I always have crinklz and a couple of high capacity diapers at home but usually more. At the moment I have Tena maxi, crinklz, Trest elite briefs and the rearz safari, barnyard, critter caboose and daydreamer at home.

I can be a bit of a prepper, so it’s only fitting to build a diaper stash(s).

Using round approximate numbers:

Depend Real Fit x 800
Better Dry M and L x 1600
Trest M and L x 400 (I just started stacking these. Trying to get over 1000 by using a subscription and over ordering)

Kins flat, contour, pull on, and AIOs x 40

Rearz training pants x 8
Ms Loraine X et al training pants x 16

ABU/Rearz/Tykables/Other Diapers cases for play x 8

Pampers, Luvs, Huggies in cases a various sizes 2-7 x 24 (For bartering)

The way things are in the world and the way things go with prices and supply chain FUBARs it’s good to not be left holding the Foley bag. Especially with the ABDL diapers from Ch1na. It’s not hard to imagine that market being affected geopolitically.

I also think of it as an investment in diapers. I regret not being the guy who bought a truck load of Attends six-tape M bags in cases in the late 1997 - 2000 range.

Reactions: HalMidLife
Usually keep mostly NRU's with some Northshores in my hamper.

Reactions: MegaLugia and SparkyDog
99.9% of my diapers are Abena L4 (plastic version)
I have a small hand full of different diapers that I try out to see if there is a better product like Trest elite (while an amazing diaper out of my budget range)

Reactions: MegaLugia
Two an overnight and a daytime both cloth backed

Reactions: slimjiminy
Back