How many diapers in a day?

3 to 4 a day

Reactions: winterheart01
Really depends on the day for me sometimes I find I only need 2-3 changes a day, and other days I’ve had to change 3-5 times, mostly depending on my level of hydration and what I’m drinking. Given a lot of meds that I take I usually have an intake of anywhere of about 80-150 ounces of fluid a day. One of my meds is a diuretic and I cut my caffeine down to about 3-4 cups of coffee a day the rest of the day it’s water and apple juice.

Hmm, I have 2 to 5 changes a day plus one for the night. Incontinence kind of adds up quickly.

Keep in mind everyone is going to give you a different answer as it largely depends on activity and hydration AND the nose test. If you stink, change it! Doesn’t matter if it is just a bit wet, don’t involve others in your kink. This goes for those who, like me, are incontinent.

Reactions: nezquic66, BabySkye75 and winterheart01
daylight said:
Hmm, I have 2 to 5 changes a day plus one for the night. Incontinence kind of adds up quickly.

Keep in mind everyone is going to give you a different answer as it largely depends on activity and hydration AND the nose test. If you stink, change it! Doesn’t matter if it is just a bit wet, don’t involve others in your kink. This goes for those who, like me, are incontinent.
That, and the brand you use. Use a high capacity diaper and you need fewer, low capacity diaper and you need much more. Bowel incontinence changes things entirely.
But yes answers will vary immensely because of all these reasons :)

winterheart01 said:
That, and the brand you use. Use a high capacity diaper and you need fewer, low capacity diaper and you need much more. Bowel incontinence changes things entirely.
But yes answers will vary immensely because of all these reasons :)

Yes, I agree, planning for surge capacity is a must. Excluding nighttime needs, I would propose, the nose test and skin health are some of the biggest factors to changing frequency. Thus, at some point capacity isn’t a factor any longer. Just like F250/F350s (chev multiply by 10) for city folks is overkill.

Last edited:
Reactions: BabySkye75
I usually wear 3-4 a day, mostly high capacity diapers and boosters. I don't really worry about discreetness but I don't flaunt it either

I'm 24/7 and when I use high quality abdl diapers I can get away with 2 changes per day. When I use my cheap Medicaid freebies, I go through about four. I'd aim for three changes a day so you don't end up underestimating the number of diapers you'll need and run out.

I usally only go through 2 a day

I am surprised by the variety of results. I am now even more curious on how many I think I’ll need a day for my 24/7 semester. From what I can get from the numbers you guys have said for your selves, it seems to be based on your own usage as well as what kind of diaper you wear. I think I may get enough for 3-4 a day but if I need more I’ll order more, if I end up not needing that many, I can delay when I next order.

Reactions: chamberpot
I typically go through 2 a day. One during the day usually after work that lasts depending on how much I wet or soil myself before I take a shower and the other one before bed.

ThePhotographer said:
I am surprised by the variety of results. I am now even more curious on how many I think I’ll need a day for my 24/7 semester. From what I can get from the numbers you guys have said for your selves, it seems to be based on your own usage as well as what kind of diaper you wear.

I suspect that you are also seeing the difference between ‘need’ and ‘like’. In a recreational pursuit, you can intervene when to release your bladder/bowels. Consequently, how many diapers used per day. I’m sure you knew this already and can factor it into your budget.

What you didn't explain is if you are doing this while we're all in isolation, or if you are going to be around people.

If you will have to be around people, how life destroying will it be if you get caught, your picture is posted on Facebook, and for the rest of your life anyone who searches your name can find a pic of you and some diaper flash, or even a leak accident? Can your reputation survive becoming a meme?

That will affect how many you need and of what quality.

For example, Urea in pee starts to break down into Ammonia fairly soon, and will cause you to stink like an old diaper pail. This happens faster in high pulp diapers, and slower in High SAP diapers So you may need to change a super high absorbancy diaper like a Rearz Safari much sooner than a lower capacity diaper like an ABU Space, just because of the risk of smell giving you away.

There's also the risk of leaks. If you need a zero chance of ever leaking, you'll need to change much more often than normal. Some diapers that can go 24 hours with no leaks in 99% of the cases, might still leak if you we while sitting or standing at just the wrong angle, after only 1 wetting.

If I had to be around people, I would be changing every 3 to 4 hours at least.

typically 3/day. 1 for daytime at work, change for the evening, and change again (into high capacity) for overnight.

I change my diaper 4-5 times a day. I’m a heavy wetter and I also have bowel problems as well. Incontinence plays a role into it.

Back