How many diaper does one use a day?

Diaperedmedic92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So I've had bedwetting issues for several years probably around 10 or so. But around 2 years ago started having daytime issues. Went to doctor was diagnosed with oab tried some othe medicine haven't worked so just been wearing diapers. I do have a check up in March at the urologist. However I was 🤔 how many diapers most go through a day? I go throught around 4 good quality diaper or around 6 medium quality diapers a day just curious what others are using and how many.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, Canadianfalls, kaitsux and 3 others
I wear about 4 Abena L4 (plastic version) per day
+ a booster pad in each one
this can vary a little bit once and a while
sometimes I wear 5 in a day sometimes 3

Reactions: MegaLugia, leakerABDL, Jorelaxed and 3 others
SparkyDog said:
I wear about 4 Abena L4 (plastic version) per day
+ a booster pad in each one
this can vary a little bit once and a while
sometimes I wear 5 in a day sometimes 3
I'm the same too but I just went with an average.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
Well you are indeed in the average range
If possible you don't want to go past 8 hours
your skin will thank you
every 5-6 is best
sleeping of course is a bit longer

Reactions: MegaLugia and Edgewater
SparkyDog said:
Well you are indeed in the average range
If possible you don't want to go past 8 hours
your skin will thank you
every 5-6 is best
sleeping of course is a bit longer
I'm good with knowing when I need a change in most diapers. Plus if try a new one I always try at home first. Normally I wear Tena pro skin during the day and Megamax cloth a night or better dry at night. Those are my 3 main ones I use had have worked the best for me so far.

Reactions: Edgewater and Constantlydamp
Sounds like you have found a good system for your self!
Everyone is slightly different with many different diaper options but you're definitely right in the middle for what most with IC do

Reactions: MegaLugia, Jorelaxed and Edgewater
Was definitely a change when all this started happening I can say that. I've finally gotten over most of the anxiety still a little there but not like it was like I said going back to urologist in March rhey may try something else. Took me awhile to finally go to one.

Reactions: MegaLugia, Edgewater and Lethdale
It's definitely a journey that's for sure
and a bit of a roller-coaster journey at that
For many years I only had to wear at night or long trips
now im 24-7
what will tomorrow bring is always the question

Glad you're seeing your urologist
I see mine yearly too

Reactions: MegaLugia, Edgewater and Kellycares
I wear 3 or 4 when I am wearing all day. Depends on how wet my evening diaper is and whether I need a fresh one for bed

Reactions: Jorelaxed, annie and Kellycares
I normally use 4 diapers per day. 3 are daytime diapers and 1 overnight diaper.

Reactions: cloakplt, Edgewater, Kellycares and 1 other person
I am averaging about 6 lately! I do still use the potty sometimes but am embracing diapers more and more and keep feeling amazed with how quickly I am needing to buy more

Reactions: Edgewater and Kellycares
I use 2 or 3 MegaMax most days, and that often includes a soiled one. I am very fortunate. My wetting pattern is very frequent and very small small voids. No pain, only a brief warm feeling in my diaper. that happens several times each hour. I wet more often if I'm active, less when I am sleeping or sedentary.

Before I switched to MegaMax, I used 4-5 Tranquility ATN diapers in a day. From an economic point of view, the ATN's make more sense, but I've become hooked on MegaMax.

Plastic pants and a onesie keep everything snug and keep me comfortable.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, greatdane, Edgewater and 2 others
1 Better Dry at night , 3/5 Dry life in day time (depends on what time I get up )
Currently still on 1 day time one as put a Better dry on as I went out been on 5 hours

Reactions: Jorelaxed and Edgewater
I'm fully urinary incontinent. I'm in cloth most of the time and change my diaper three times per day. I could get by with two diapers most days, but with cloth, it's nice to have a fresh dry diaper change at lunchtime.

If I'm disposables, typically a megamax, it's anywhere between 2-5, depending on fluid intake for the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Neroforte, Edgewater and 2 others
Mine haven't changed for years. I've been using Abena (plastic) since I was pretty young though I've tried others over the years. Typically I use 4 to 5 per day. And I'll use a booster for sleeping with plastic pants.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Edgewater and SparkyDog
Depends on my hydration needs - on days that require me wearing them I will wear probably 3-4 a day/night. Luckily, for me, I don't have to wear every day.

My wearing regimen totally revolves around how hydrated I stay and my willingness to deal with the volume, frequency, and urges when I'm properly hydrated. Some days I can tolerate more discomfort and just deal without and others it's too much and I just wear them to get along with my day in comfort. There are also times I intentionally deal with a slightly more dehydrated state and worse POTs symptoms so I don't have to deal with fluid intake and output.

Reactions: Edgewater
Nice to see how everyone has their own system. I did order some cloth to try at home recently due to how expensive everything has gotten. I figured if I can use cloth on my days off at the house it would cut down on how many disposables I need.

• Love
Reactions: RaawrrrPincess, Edgewater and EcoIncon
Not sure if there is a number, maybe an average or median as it is a factor of many things from environmental to individual. From a costing point of view and planning, I try to keep enough on hand to cover 1-2 months.

It is safe to say, I try not to use fewer than I need.

Keeping a voiding schedule to prevent retention tremendously cuts down the amount of disposable diapers needed on good days. Yesterday was a good day and I went through one diaper during the day and one diaper with booster for bedtime. That said, after having Christmas company I got sick for a ten days and was averaging five diapers a day, all with boosters.

I also use cloth. Not as frequently currently and only when staying home. Changes need to be regular when wearing cloth, because oder builds from any amount of urine.

CheshireCat said:
I also use cloth. Not as frequently currently and only when staying home. Changes need to be regular when wearing cloth, because odor builds from any amount of urine.
Have you ever considered internal deodorants? I use these along with good hydration. Less odor.

Reactions: CptKirk, RaawrrrPincess and Edgewater
Back