How Long to Wear Disposible Adult Diapers

JamesJoey

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Curently I wear a disposible LivDry overnight pull-on and place a clothe pull-on over the disposable.
Seeing that I my wet once a week (I'm not incontinent).
Is it ok to wear the disposables, say 7 days and nights without wetting?

James

Not 100% sure but I would think it's ok to some extent, but eventually I think it could be issue

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Edgewater
Mmmm i don't really think so. Simply for hygenic reasons.

Think of it like wearing a pair of undies - would you put the same pair on for 7 days a week? Sweat and dead skin cells accumulate the same way.

Not to get TOO TMI on you, but females produce discharge when not menstruating, and that's something you don't want against your skin every day.

If you're a guy, I know some people dribble a couple of drops of urine even if they use the toilet. I've also read that people can leak precum if wearing arouses you, and you may not even know it because diapers are absorbent.

I don't think wearing the same dry diaper a couple of times will hurt you, but continually wearing it over the week isn't very hygienic. Just my 2c.

Reactions: ILuvDiapers, Quetzalli, Jorelaxed and 7 others
JulestheFloof said:

Think of it like wearing a pair of undies - would you put the same pair on for 7 days a week? Sweat and dead skin cells accumulate the same way.

Not to get TOO TMI on you, but females produce discharge when not menstruating, and that's something you don't want against your skin every day.

If you're a guy, I know some people dribble a couple of drops of urine even if they use the toilet. I've also read that people can leak precum if wearing arouses you, and you may not even know it because diapers are absorbent.

I don't think wearing the same dry diaper a couple of times will hurt you, but continually wearing it over the week isn't very hygienic. Just my 2c.
pretty much exactly the same thoughts as you, like I said in mine above ok for a bit but eventually a problem

Reactions: Quetzalli, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
….and because of this and the fact they are disposable, if your going to wear them you may as well wet them (even if it’s only at the end of the day).

I also think though (and I notice it most when I’m dehydrated) that even if I don’t wet for a little while the nappy does tend to get a bit uncomfortable eventually, especially the ones that aren’t elasticated. That said I do like the elasticated tape ones now (they feel more little, have the square bum look under clothes, and seem to move and stretch if I’m ‘running around and playing’).

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Edgewater and mistykitty
No, don't do that. Even with dry diapers. Hygiene reasons.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, AttilaThePun, Edgewater and 2 others
Wetting is the fun part! Just use them more often.

Reactions: Ortler, TigerDL, warmfeeling and 2 others
May lead to a UTI

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, AttilaThePun, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
Ok. Thanks to all for the info.

I'm a bit curious.
Has anyone tried baby powder? Does it help in any way?
Just a thought.

• Thinking
Barrier cream maybe, powder I don't think so

I'm in agreement with most folks here. Treat them like undies if you're not going to use them. Change at least once a day.

Powder is a drying agent and astringent, primarily used (for diaper wearers specifically) to give the skin a chance to be totally dry for some time while the wearer is sitting in a clean diaper. The drying benefits go away pretty much as soon as the diaper gets wet. If you don't wet the powder will stay put and will pick up your sweat instead. The scent of many powders will cover some smells potentially, but that isn't a replacement for good hygiene.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, AttilaThePun, JulestheFloof and 2 others
Being 24/7, U-IC, I have never changed a dry diaper.

You have received excellent information above as diapers, in general, collect whatever finds it way into them. beyond urine, the next most common volume is sweat! The combination of skin particulates, urinary dribble, and other body releases as it all warms through normal wearing. That warmth goes to helping the evermore rapid growth of bacterium, which can become unhealthy.

Modern Baby Powder should be used lightly for single use diapers. Once worn, they head for the trash. You would be better served to use a barrier cream, but like Baby Powder, lightly applied.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, AttilaThePun, Constantlydamp and 2 others
Sometimes I do a Betadine splash on me privates🏴‍☠️. It has always worked to keep the angry away.

• Thinking
Reactions: Jorelaxed, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
I don’t wet. I wear no longer than 12 hrs at a time before changing and airing out.

JulestheFloof said:

Very well said. It's possible, but unhygienic. That also explains why girls always have so many pairs of panties.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, AttilaThePun, Edgewater and 1 other person
JamesJoey said:
I'm a bit curious.
Has anyone tried baby powder? Does it help in any way?
Just a thought.
I use baby powder each time I put on a diaper- I haven’t had any issues with a rash so far but I’ve only been wearing everyday since late July 2023, not long enough to become super knowledgeable about this stuff lol at first I was using lotion on my skin, let that absorb into my skin while I was getting my diaper fluffed and then I’d add powder directly to the diaper, but I recently heard that it’s not good to do it that way, so now I’m going to start using a powder puff to add the powder directly to my skin instead, plus I imagine it will reduce how much powder is needed lol meaning I’ll buy it less often.

theancientmariner said:
Very well said. It's possible, but unhygienic. That also explains why girls always have so many pairs of panties.
Omg yes lol I would change my panties usually twice a day, but more often if I was doing something more strenuous or it was in the warmer months. Buuut now I rarely wear them as I’ve switched over to diapers for daytime and I don’t wear anything down there to bed lol

The pullup padding will crumble in a few days and make the absorbency useless. The elastic and outer covering will also wear out again making it useless. I also don't think it is sanitary to put a used (worn regardless of wetting) incontinence product on after a shower. It defeats the purpose of the shower. My pullups are replaced after every shower now regardless of wear time or usage.

I use a premium diaper like better dry or Northshore Megamax. Been awake since 3:30 AM. I had a big flood in the diaper around 4 AM. Made a big load of turd in the diaper a little after that. I’ve peed in the diaper at least 6 to 8 times this morning after I made my big flood in the diaper. Made another load of turd as well. It’s now 7 AM and I’m feeling a little uncomfortable shouldn’t keep the diaper on much longer especially since I have two big loads in the diaper so I think it’ll be time now for cleaning up and a diaper change.

Back