Holding up a heavy diaper

PearlandDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone have experience with holding up a heavy diaper so it doesn't fall down or sag? I'm trying out the really large capacity ones and they get so heavy that they start sagging or all the filling kind of falls to the middle. Is there a good way to get the diaper to not sag/fall down, and not lose shape? So far I've tried underwear and a speedo to help keep things together (the tightness helps) but things still start falling down/sagging. Would a onesie or something similar help to hold things up? If so, any good recommendations as to where to get one? I tried amazon but they had ones that were really tight and too thin at the bottom so the diaper would just push the bottom of the onesie out of the way.

Reactions: denimchicken, Tine and Jorelaxed
HIGHLY recommend onesies. I also wear snug fitting underwear (tighty whitey style) which substantially helps but a onesie on top of that will be your best option. If you're wearing outside of the home I recommend blue jeans though you're going to need a pair that's a bit loose on you when not wearing a diaper as you will be surprised at just how much room a diaper takes up inside of a pair of jeans.

CptKirk

Reactions: Cottontail, denimchicken, TheWaddlingDad and 13 others
Try and look for onesies specifically by incontience suppliers. They can do an amazing job holding the pad in place.
Additionally, I forget who, but someone makes compression shorts specifically to keeping the pad in place and from shifting about.

Reactions: Edgewater, JunkyardDog1 and PearlandDL
I use my Plastic Panties and my underwear to hold it all up. Especially as it gets towards the end of the day my diaper gets wetter and heavier. I cannot wait to get home and change my diaper and plastic pants.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Pelusos, PearlandDL and 1 other person
I wear based on how long I plan to be out and about. Being retired allows vastly abilities to not be wearing to near the capacity of the diaper. Yup, unfair, but it sure is nice.

I strongly recommend plastic pants and I specific use NorthShore's Trifecta Diaper Cover!!

Reactions: sissysissy, Jorelaxed and PearlandDL
I recommend the one-piece shirt & diaper cover with a snap crotch (onesie). These are very practical.

Reactions: Edgewater, Jorelaxed and PearlandDL
I wear onesies from Rearz all the time and they hold things in place really well. I wear the AB/DL printed ones because they match my diapers, but they also sell plain ones and ones that look like shirts with pockets.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, PearlandDL and paul484819
I believe Abena makes the compression pant

Reactions: Jorelaxed and PearlandDL
I've worn thick high capacity diapers many times and rarely had an issue with keeping them up. Maybe you aren't taping them tight enough or correctly?

I wear Protex Tuffy II vinyl pants and then Hanes boxer briefs over my thick Adventure Puffs diaper and don't have trouble with sagging even after 24 hours of wearing.

Reactions: PearlandDL
Onesies work for me too...I just hate when it sags to ones side of my scrub pants.

Reactions: PearlandDL and Jorelaxed
I always wear three thin stretch pants over my disposable and a waterproof pant on top of all that and the stretch pants firmly hold even the wettest of Nappies firmly in place, my night time Nappy is also held in place with them as that gets so wet it would definately fall down to the floor the moment I stood up.😁
As always there is a price to pay with the stretch pants being so tight there will be a small loss of absorbancy..
As Cptkirk states a 'onesie' is a very good resolution to the problem.

Hmmm suspenders for diapers...yay or nay? 🤪

• Thinking
Reactions: PearlandDL and diaperkool
I always wear plastics over my diapers and they hold up even when sodden. Obviously a onesie is even better

Boxer briefs and jeans daytimes, plastic pants bedtimes. 👍

Reactions: PearlandDL, Upnorth and BenNevis
A onesie is my go to solution for this as it holds the nappy in place well and moves with you. It doesn’t allow any part of the nappy or your clothes to bunch up and maybe cause a leak so it supports everything as it moves with you. As long as they’re high quality and the right size, they are really comfortable as they fit your body almost perfectly. I’d recommend Tykables for their high quality or Onesies Down Under if you were looking for something with prints.

If you didn’t want that, I find the next best option is boxer briefs. They are very supportive and cover up the nappy so it’s not showing but you want to make sure they’re not too tight otherwise they could compress the nappy too much in the wrong places and lead to a leak.

Reactions: PearlandDL, billybobtombo and Deleted member 39193
I used to be a big advocate of a tightish pair of boxers over a nappy to keep things snug and in place. Mainly as I didn't normally like wearing more than I had to in bed and so the idea of sleeping in a onesie felt a bit weird. I then had the chance to try and onesie once, and was near instantly converted given just how well they keep your nappy snug - worlds apart from just a pair of boxers.

Now the idea of a more than lightly used nappy without a onesie seems weird, it would just sag too much. You do need a well fitting onesie so try a few sizes / brands. In my view you want it ever so slightly on the tight side. A lot of the online shops have different measuring guides based on wearing a nappy or not, so just be careful you get that right.

Sleeping in it does take a little getting used to, but not only is it practical to prevent sag but it feels super cute and little if that's your thing 😊

Reactions: PearlandDL, Deleted member 39193 and BenNevis
I wear net fixing pants over my nappy and padded washable in co pants topped off with drylife plastic pants or mylesta nylon waterproof ones.

A wrestling singlet does the job and they are quite inexpensive. Can be found on Amazon. Lycra Spandex dries quickly. Yes you must take it all off should you need to adjust anything, but then I ask why.

I’ve got some long underwear that provides a lot of support in the crotch, but I still wear boxer briefs over vinyl pants over my diaper. No sagging with that combo.

Back