Highback plastic pants question

IncontinentArtist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So I just got a pair of Gary Ware high back enclosed elastic plastic pants on Saturday and I am very happy with them. I am going to be getting more but I am wondering if there is any reason to get some of the "regular cut" ones that don't have a higher back to them? Has anyone had any situations that you would prefer not to have the extra material in the back?

Reactions: Diprs2, MegaLugia, Edgewater and 1 other person
The only time I’ve used the high back is when sleeping. They get hot and somewhat uncomfortable, so unless I’ve had a bunch of fluids before bed, I typically go for regular PUL Active Wear briefs over the diaper instead of the high backed version you mention. Much cooler, and much quieter. After time the enclosed elastics will develop cracks and become a pain to wear and leak. Don’t get me wrong, the high backed ones work for extra wet nights, but definitely not my first choice.

Reactions: Diprs2, MegaLugia, Edgewater and 2 others
IncontinentArtist said:
So I just got a pair of Gary Ware high back enclosed elastic plastic pants on Saturday and I am very happy with them. I am going to be getting more but I am wondering if there is any reason to get some of the "regular cut" ones that don't have a higher back to them? Has anyone had any situations that you would prefer not to have the extra material in the back?
The high back pants would tend to show above the waist for day time wear, unless you wear a onsie. For night time, they're probably ok except for the reasons already listed.

IncontinentArtist said:
I am wearing the Gary regular cut coated polyester panties right now. They are close fitting. They go well over a disposable but if I back that up with a clothe diaper they are tight. I find the Klinerts are cut fuller and are more accommodating of the disposable/cloth combination. I have no experience with Gary plastics and didn't realize they make them. High backs are always a plus when you are lying in bed but they risk exposure as day wear.

I recall the day my new plastic "bloomers" arrived in the post! "Knee to armpits will be dry then" they said as my face crumpled into tears. I pleaded I already had to wear rubber baby-pants, so why?.....and all that, but to no avail. These were proper waterproof they claimed, were worn OVER the others, and would keep the bed "really, really" dry - the bed, mind, never ME!
On they went that night, and as the saying went "see you pull them right up high" - knee to armpit they certainly stretched!

Reactions: Diprs2, MegaLugia and Constantlydamp
Bedtime was always early for this chronic bedwetting lad! At home you got nappied and rubbered on the nappy table in the bathroom complete with nappy cream and talcum powder. Going into the bedroom you got a shock when you saw the HUGE bloomers laid out on the bed to their full extent just for little ME! Then they were held open for you to step into - and pulled "all the way up" under your armpits and the legs down to the knees, adjusted in bed. A real Knight in Shining Armour! But rest assured, by early morning you and your bed would be just as thoroughly soaked as any other "baby-bedwetter", world over.....

Reactions: Diprs2 and MegaLugia
My experience is much like the other's comments regarding night time use of the higher backed pants. With them on I may wake up in a totally soaked diaper but in a dry bed. During the day I prefer wearing the lower more body conforming pants unless I'm in one of those emotionally trying states demanding some exposure to relieve inner tension. It's hard to thoroughly conceal the highbacked pants from view.

I have used high-back pants to shift the waist band up a bit higher and the leg bands down a bit if I am dealing with a diaper rash or skin irritation. Yes, they do help for night time wear as the extra height provides greater leak retention area. They can also be helpful with containing a Blow-out.

I wear them only on occasion when needed or an anticipated need.

Reactions: Diprs2, Constantlydamp, Neroforte and 1 other person
Usually I only wear plastic pants when I'm getting ready for bed. But if I'm having an anticipated heavy wet day I'll use them (along with booster -
NS eternadry [xl contour]). To be honest, I'm not a big fan of high-back pants. I prefer the pants to fit, Not actually tight but a little loose but fit.

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and MegaLugia
IncontinentArtist said:
so long as your plastic pants cover all of your nappy, then all is good ...

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and MegaLugia
So it seems like for most the reason to not wear the high back pants is exposure. I get that because there is quite a lot of material. My thought is that if my shirt gets pulled up above my pants my diaper is going to be peaking out anyways because I don't like having my pants rub against my skin. That's why I always wore full rise briefs before becoming incontinent. So I guess that doesn't bother me because it would either be my diaper or my plastic pants being seen if my shirt gets pulled up. Though I would prefer to not have any exposure which is where a onesie is useful. I guess also during the summer months all that extra material and bulk from the high back pants could be a little annoying. I will take everything into consideration. Thanks.

I like the high backed pants for bedtime because they completely cover my thick cloth diapers. The regular cut pants will do the trick, but just barely. During the day I would default to the regular cut pants.

if you do not like the high back pants try purchasing larger size plastic pants, the larger size also puts less stress on the waist and leg elastic reducing the cracks that develop in that area,
what I like for my night diapers is latex rubber pants, or the high back plastic pants, The rubber pants fit snug around my diaper and prevent stray streams flowing out, The large high back plastic may have streams flow out into them but with having the large area it can run back to be captured by diaper or at least contained in the pants.

Reactions: Diprs2
dondl2 said:
if you do not like the high back pants try purchasing larger size plastic pants, the larger size also puts less stress on the waist and leg elastic reducing the cracks that develop in that area,
But be aware that a "larger size" often means larger leg openings, which might not be suitable for smaller folk.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and Edgewater
I really like the high backed plastic pants. I don’t mind if they show above my pants waist. At night they definitely keep things from leaking I use cloth diapers and most mornings wake up completely soaked but bed is dry.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Diprs2, Edgewater and 1 other person
I use the Gary Active Wear diaper cover during the daytime and I use a Babykins terry lined diaper cover for overnight to catch any diaper leaks.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Diprs2
High back plastic pants work well for the cloth prefolds and contours that I wear as they tend to come up higher on my waist. If I’m not wearing high back plastic pants then I fold the front and back of the diaper over to make them fit within the cover of regular plastic pants so they’re not necessary to cover my diaper with a little adjustment on my part. I prefer not to have too much plastic against my skin and would rather have the cloth of the diaper within an inch of the waistband of my plastic pants just for comfort, especially during the hot days of summer.

Reactions: Edgewater and DLPeakOut
I normally wear plastic pants to bed. I tend to use the normal waist length pants but also have high back.
I always wear a onesie as i find it keeps everything in.place amd does not roll up the back.like a normal t shirt. the onesie also covers everything so exposure not a challenge.
if i wear a disposable and especially on weekends i use high back.plasticpants. i thinl they do a good job catching leakage from the back of diaper when lying down.
They also feel great to touch and warm especially in colder climates.

Reactions: Edgewater
I only use and wear high back plastic pants, some very solid ones are made in Germany by a company called TCSB and pvc-u-like

Attachments

• _DSC0322.JPG
    _DSC0322.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: DLPeakOut and Edgewater
My go to diaper cover have been NorthShore's Trifecta diaper cover. They have extended life and have a different smoother exterior coating, which slides nicely against outerwear and a PUL interior that both traps small leaks with disposable diapers and distributes urine well with cloth diapers. The covering over the opening materials is very comfortable

My cloth pre-folded diapers fit well within standard height diaper covers and only rarely do I wear high-back plastic pants.

Back