• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hi! Any advice on Self-Acceptance?

Octopi

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi everyone, I’m new here and I’m super excited to finally join (as opposed to lurking)! I’m also nervous, as this is my very first step in accepting myself for what I enjoy!

Despite wanting to wear pull-ups/diapers my whole life I was shamed into refusing to try. Due to some urinary issues that have developed recently, I was forced to give in and try “wearing protection”. Now I am working on accepting that I enjoy wearing and learning more about this new part of my life.

Any suggestions on self-acceptance, things to explore that make wearing more enjoyable, and recommendations on products that you can’t live without would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance! My ability to navigate the site is limited by my newness, but I will search for similar threads shortly!

Reactions: Deleted member 39193, Cottontail, ShyGirl91 and 6 others
Hello and welcome aboard! You've come to the right place for support and understanding :)

Reactions: Deleted member 39193, Edgewater, KBoy and 1 other person
Hi there, welcome to ADISC! Congrats on making your account and coming out of the shadows! I know from experience that it can be both exciting and nerve-wracking.

My advice about self-acceptance is that it's ongoing. You've got to keep working on it. Liking to wear diapers is weird. It's not normal. But what's wrong with that? 'Weird' and 'abnormal' don't mean bad. Keep going, keep posting here and meeting other people with similar interests, and if you're tempted to do anything drastic like purge, pause, think hard, and talk to people about how you're feeling.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193, StarryNight, Edgewater and 4 others
Welcome to ADISC, It's good you joined the rest of us, My advice would be to accept that due to your urinary issues you are not alone having to wear protection, there are millions of people out there the same, If you are AB or DL or just wanting somewere to get advice I say again WELCOME.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193, Edgewater, Kellycares and 3 others
Sealander said:
Hi there, welcome to ADISC! Congrats on making your account and coming out of the shadows! I know from experience that it can be both exciting and nerve-wracking.

My advice about self-acceptance is that it's ongoing. You've got to keep working on it. Liking to wear diapers is weird. It's not normal. But what's wrong with that? 'Weird' and 'abnormal' don't mean bad. Keep going, keep posting here and meeting other people with similar interests, and if you're tempted to do anything drastic like purge, pause, think hard, and talk to people about how you're feeling.
Thank you so much! I’ve always been the type to surround myself with “weirdos” and I definitely agree that different doesn’t mean bad! Variety is the spice of life, or something like that. However, I’ve never been able to translate that ability to accept people to an ability to accept myself.

You may be a psychic at this rate because I’ve already looked at my “stash of supplies” and panicked/considered a purge. Even though going without for a few days meant constant leaks and being forced to explain what’s going on to someone in exchange for borrowing a pair of pants! 🥲 Which was not fun at all, and that person *still* asks if I have brought “extras” just in case. I’m lucky the person I was forced to tell is so kind, however I don’t think I was ready for that at all.

Thank you for the warm welcome and amazing advice! I’m so happy that this community exists ☺️

Reactions: Deleted member 39193, Edgewater, KBoy and 2 others
Welcome and enjoy

Reactions: Octopi, Deleted member 39193, Edgewater and 1 other person
Octopi said:
Thank you so much!
You're welcome!
Octopi said:
I’ve always been the type to surround myself with “weirdos” and I definitely agree that different doesn’t mean bad! Variety is the spice of life, or something like that. However, I’ve never been able to translate that ability to accept people to an ability to accept myself.
It's not easy. Some people are convinced they're perfect, others are their own harshest critic... I've been there. When you're feeling ashamed, try to think of whether you would treat a friend the same way you are treating yourself.

Also I don't know whether it's appropriate for you, but I myself have benefited massively from therapy, on these matters as well as others
Octopi said:
You may be a psychic at this rate because I’ve already looked at my “stash of supplies” and panicked/considered a purge. Even though going without for a few days meant constant leaks and being forced to explain what’s going on to someone in exchange for borrowing a pair of pants! 🥲 Which was not fun at all, and that person *still* asks if I have brought “extras” just in case. I’m lucky the person I was forced to tell is so kind, however I don’t think I was ready for that at all.
If you need protection, then you need protection, and you especially shouldn't feel ashamed to use it. If you happen to like it, so what? That's a silver lining. :p

Reactions: DLWee, Deleted member 39193, Edgewater and 2 others
welcome. I hope you have a nice time. I'm sorry you're having urinary incontinence problems. There can be a big difference between psychologically having to and wanting it. Even though you are interested in wearing diapers, do not force yourself to get used to it. The most important condition is that you feel comfortable. Think of it as a kind of underwear and enjoy it.

Reactions: Deleted member 39193, Edgewater, Octopi and 1 other person
Hello and Welcome to this site from the United Kingdom

Reactions: KBoy, Deleted member 39193, Edgewater and 1 other person
Hi, and welcome to the forums and the community. I hope you enjoy yourself and make new friends also. Self acceptance is important, but not something you should torture yourself over. As other's have said it is a process, but experiencing incontinence isn't something you should ever feel shame about.

In relation to purging, that can be very costly, and so always think twice before rushing into disposing of things too quickly.

Have Fun. (y):giggle: We are all here to support each other, and attempt to find solutions to questions and problems. So always seek advice from the community, glad you decided to join us, rather than lurking in the shadows.

Reactions: KBoy, Octopi, Deleted member 39193 and 2 others
Welcome from the Netherlands. It took me most of my adult life to scratch the itch and try wearing and using adult diapers and it is perfectly normal if you have mixed feelings about the enjoyment of wearing. To an outsider adult diapers are for people who are incontinent and there can be no room for enjoyment, only necessity. I agree that wearing for pleasure is unusual but unusual makes life and the world more interesting. There are a lot of more interesting people than me on this forum. Self acceptance will come with time. I hope.

Reactions: KBoy, Octopi, Deleted member 39193 and 1 other person
I became incontinent (24/7, U-IC) as a result of a car crash. Acceptance was a reality as I needed to support my young family and that could only happen as a result of wearing a hose and bag or cloth diapers and plastic pants, which was all that was available way back then. The following day after being home, my dear wife diapered me and our young son and we went out walking. To my shock not one noticed or if they did, didn't cared. Today, most people are so busy with their phones, they care even less. Point being, 95% of acceptance, is you accepting yourself!

Warning; Incontinence is commonly an indicator of the onset or worsening of an illness, issue with an organ, or increased mental issues. See Your Doctor ASAP!

Acceptance is a process, much like climbing steps. You cannot begin until you take your first step!

Welcome and be welcomed to this amazing World of ADISC!
A truly wonderful and accepting place!
Enjoy!

Reactions: KBoy, Octopi, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 2 others
Hello and welcome. As others have already said you are not alone. The community is here to support you.

Reactions: KBoy, Octopi, Deleted member 39193 and 1 other person
Octopi said:
Hi everyone, I’m new here and I’m super excited to finally join (as opposed to lurking)! I’m also nervous, as this is my very first step in accepting myself for what I enjoy!

Despite wanting to wear pull-ups/diapers my whole life I was shamed into refusing to try. Due to some urinary issues that have developed recently, I was forced to give in and try “wearing protection”. Now I am working on accepting that I enjoy wearing and learning more about this new part of my life.

Any suggestions on self-acceptance, things to explore that make wearing more enjoyable, and recommendations on products that you can’t live without would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance! My ability to navigate the site is limited by my newness, but I will search for similar threads shortly!
It is pretty much a given so you may as well go with the flow (no pun intended Lol.) It took me many years to accept my plastic pants and panty fetish but after awhile you know it will not go away so it is just easier to accept it.

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, Deleted member 39193 and Edgewater
Welcome to ADISC! 🩷

For me, acceptance has been a process. I started out extremely confused and ashamed. I kept everything hidden from  everyone.

I thought I was the only one like me but I found out I sure wasn't! In my early 20's I went online to search what I was experiencing and found a whole community of people who shared the same interests as me. (Sidenote: None of those communities compare to ADISC. I feel safe here at ADISC. This community is vastly different than other ABDL online communities where many a pervert runs amuck and constantly bombards the DM's with sexual content).

Realizing I wasn't alone was one step towards acceptance.

I'd kept my littles' side secret for over two decades. From the time I found out I wasn't alone up until now, I've slowly began accepting me for me.

Now I have people in my life who know about my littles. Only two people in my inner circle know that I wear diapers. I have come across people in my life that have loved me for me and that has helped a lot. Slowly but surely, I have branched out to wearing some of my outfits in public (such as a cute patterned shirt, romper, and littles shoes), along with allowing people to see glimpses of my littles side.

Be patient and gentle with yourself. It takes time. Everyone here on ADISC has been very kind, accepting, and caring which has also been very helpful to me in acceptance.

Don't be afraid to reach out! I'm happy to talk anytime! 🩷

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater, TeeMousy, KBoy and 4 others
ILuvDiapers said:
Hi, and welcome to the forums and the community. I hope you enjoy yourself and make new friends also. Self acceptance is important, but not something you should torture yourself over. As other's have said it is a process, but experiencing incontinence isn't something you should ever feel shame about.

In relation to purging, that can be very costly, and so always think twice before rushing into disposing of things too quickly.

Have Fun. (y):giggle: We are all here to support each other, and attempt to find solutions to questions and problems. So always seek advice from the community, glad you decided to join us, rather than lurking in the shadows.
Ah, that’s something for me to think about for sure. Perhaps the best route is to take it slow with trying to accept myself instead of actively pushing myself for it.

My incontinence only started a few months ago, so my stash isn’t as stocked as what a more experienced/prepared/knowledgeable individual would probably have. However, I am super sensitive to being wasteful so that’s a great motivator to think twice about purging!

Thank you so much for the welcome! ☺️

Reactions: KBoy and ILuvDiapers
Welcome! I think Sealander and Edgewater have nailed it with their comments. Another thought for you is to browse these forums... so many people (both incontinent and not) happily chatting about nappies and liking them. Lots of us accept ourselves, so go for it and accept yourself. You will find lots of understanding and support here.
You can debate the finer points or the obvious practical ones. Happy to have you here.

Reactions: KBoy and Octopi
Edgewater said:
I became incontinent (24/7, U-IC) as a result of a car crash. Acceptance was a reality as I needed to support my young family and that could only happen as a result of wearing a hose and bag or cloth diapers and plastic pants, which was all that was available way back then. The following day after being home, my dear wife diapered me and our young son and we went out walking. To my shock not one noticed or if they did, didn't cared. Today, most people are so busy with their phones, they care even less. Point being, 95% of acceptance, is you accepting yourself!

Warning; Incontinence is commonly an indicator of the onset or worsening of an illness, issue with an organ, or increased mental issues. See Your Doctor ASAP!

Acceptance is a process, much like climbing steps. You cannot begin until you take your first step!

Welcome and be welcomed to this amazing World of ADISC!
A truly wonderful and accepting place!
Enjoy!
Wow, it sounds like the crash turned everything upside down for you but you and your wife were able to get through it together! I definitely needed the perspective of everyone being on their phones, or just preoccupied in general. I’m still fairly self conscious about if anyone might notice, however I’m very lucky that I already had quite a few skirts/dresses in my closet. It has been a lifesaver!

Thank you so much for caring enough to give a warning! Thankfully I know the cause of my U-IC (nifty way to shorten that mouthful of words!) as I had a surgery recently and knew that 25%(ish) of women who receive that type of surgery lose some amount of bladder control. I was trying to get some education from my doctor on caring for myself with this new part of my life but she didn’t seem to know much about it at all! So here I am 😄.

I appreciate your warm welcome, advice, and you sharing your story!

Angelapinks said:
It is pretty much a given so you may as well go with the flow (no pun intended Lol.) It took me many years to accept my plastic pants and panty fetish but after awhile you know it will not go away so it is just easier to accept it.
😄 Oh I love the pun even if it wasn’t intended! That’s so true that it isn’t just going to go away so the sooner I accept it the sooner I can feel happier again. It’s reassuring to see everyone here, feeling alone seems like it was half the battle!

Thank you for your message ☺️

Reactions: KBoy and Angelapinks
Octopi said:

Self-acceptance goes far beyond the issue of wearing diapers. It is a process of self-liberation, a process that allows one to be free from fear, fear of criticism, fear of feeling different, fear of being less attractive, beautiful, smart and so on... Self-acceptance makes one free from prejudice, thus makes one to be more attentive to others. Easy to say, more difficult to do.
I am over 70 and I can say that it took at least 50 years to understand and accept my inclination towards nappies. By now it is better even if it remains a hidden part of my life.
We are all different by the virtues of our physical appearances our mindsets our educations our origins...beauty is in diversity. It is easy to mock or deride people who are different, it is too easy to discriminate simply because we do not understand or cannot put ourselves in others' minds. In this connection, self-acceptance helps a lot.

Avoid diaper bingeing and purging, it is quite expensive! When you build a relationship, I would suggest that you be open about your diaper world with tact and never force anyone who cannot accept your fetishism or find it gross to participate in it. It is not easy to understand other ones minds.
Forgive me for al these truisms, I just try to share with you my own thinking about it.
Wear diapers if it is needed, wear them the way you like, explore. So, dear Octopi, enjoy yourself, be yourself and you will become a beacon for others!

Reactions: KBoy, Angelapinks and StarryNight
Back