Help

MtSkywalker

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have an issue that I know everyone had or have it is very common but you know I’m young, I discovered this side of me few years ago and started doing it 2 years ago. So, i have a conflict between the fact that i need to be a real man and the fact that I love wearing diapers but the problem is that when I don’t wear one I think of it everyday but when I wear one Im so ashamed of myself but just the second I put it I’m ashamed. I lose my dignity and my values and I really don’t like that. I read some forum of people that have the same issue but that’s always the same response “just accept it” but I can’t. I’m depress when I don’t wear one but also when I wear one I’m lost. ( sorry for my English I didn’t used Google translate)

Ask yourself, can real men wear diapers? Wearing diapers doesn't make you less of a man. A real man is what you are made of on the inside not what you wear on the outside.

• Love
Reactions: Ortler, Lethdale, Belarin and 7 others
I have the same conflict. So I joined. That helps me feel better about wearing cause we all in this together. You aren't alone. And I will never tell a soul outside of this community lol. But maybe one day. Hope this place makes you feel better

Reactions: ianwee, Freddie07601, BBBen and 1 other person
My fiancé has a doctorate degree. He wears diapers. Man? Yes. Brilliant one.

Yes, you can accept it, and you should. Not to, will just hurt you.

There's a book called, You're Not Broken, by Dr. Rhoda Lipscomb. I wonder if it's been translated into French yet. You should read it. She's the expert in ABDL. There's nothing wrong with you.

Reactions: Ortler, ianwee, Freddie07601 and 5 others
Floodingpants said:
Ask yourself, can real men wear diapers?
As long as you don’t get yourself condemned by society (or getting into legal issues), yes.

Reactions: MtSkywalker
I think Floodingpants pretty much nailed it !
I fought with my macho self and realised wearing plastic pants and Nappies is who I am so at that point the disgust and self loathing slowly diminished.
You are a man and not ever wearing Nappies will change that.

Reactions: Lethdale, Floodingpants, ianwee and 2 others
A real man does whatever he wants. The worst another can do to you is threaten violence, and a real man will respond to that by making sure they never have to be concerned with that person ever again.

The macho man stuff that society wants you to believe is bullshit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lethdale, Ortler, Belarin and 2 others
LittleAndAlone said:
A real man does whatever he wants. The worst another can do to you is threaten violence, and a real man will respond to that by making sure they never have to be concerned with that person ever again.

Dang… these words are so powerful… I might subconsciously flaunt it accidentally bc of my overconfidence…

Thank you for all your responses ! Your words helped me a lot and I am happy to have discovered this forum where mutual aid is very present

Reactions: ianwee
When I became totally incontinent, I coined the phrase “Man up and diaper up”.

Reactions: Lethdale, MtSkywalker, Napincolove and 1 other person
Napincolove said:
I think Floodingpants pretty much nailed it !
I fought with my macho self and realised wearing plastic pants and Nappies is who I am so at that point the disgust and self loathing slowly diminished.
You are a man and not ever wearing Nappies will change that.
I am sorry for my apparent lack of editing and proof reading on this post as the last part should read,

You are a man and not EVEN wearing Nappies will change that !

i just dont tell anyone in the real world about this besides this forum.
nothing makes you more or less of a "man", eventually the shame goes away after a few weeks

Reactions: Ortler and MtSkywalker
Floodingpants said:
Ask yourself, can real men wear diapers? Wearing diapers doesn't make you less of a man. A real man is what you are made of on the inside not what you wear on the outside.
I'd say the better question is, why can't real men wear diapers? Same question, different undertones.

Can real men wear diapers comes across slightly submissive, like you are asking permission, which is not very "macho". Why can't they wear diapers is a more argumentative/aggressive stance, like saying I'm doing this and you can't stop me, which is a more "manly" way to say it.
LittleAndAlone said:

This.

I would fight people on the point though of what is a "real man" (sorry for the small rant here)...

There are 3 ways to look at it: Medical, Personal, and societal.
  • Medically speaking, a real man is anyone born with a penis, regardless of behaviour, attitude, political/religious/societal persuasion, gender identity etc.
  • Personally, Identity wise a real man is can be anyone who feels and acts like a male regardless of the genitals/body they were born with.
  • Societally, This is where it get's convoluted and idiotic but thankfully Oh boy the times they are a changin'.
Not so long ago masculinity was working hard, providing for a family, sole breadwinner, strong, tough, emotionally in control, no tears, no "fluffy" feelings, powerful... So many buzz words to describe what is in essence a dominating personality.

But why does that have to be the case? Because for millennia people had to be strong and fierce, to discard anything that could be seen as a weakness because life was hard, you really had to work hard just to stay alive or achieve anything.

But now everything is easier, jobs are automated, you can have practically anything you want at the touch of a button, user friendliness, ease of use, automatic, work/hassle free options are available for pretty much everything, heck even just 100 years ago if you wanted to build a house you had to be strong to lift beams, saw, hammer nails, haul bricks etc. nowadays we have power tools and equipment that does most of that for you.

Times have moved on and our definitions that have previously worked are struggling to keep up, they need to evolve too.
Is a programmer who spends 12 hours a day in front of a screen not a real man because he's nerdy? even though he makes more money and can provide a better life for his family.
How about a guy who works in a nursery looking after babies and changing nappies all day? that doesn't seem like a manly job, except it's that guy who has the patience and strength of will to deal with 50 screaming and misbehaving kids all day and still manage to keep calm and teach them how to be better, how to fit in, how to be strong and how to grow to be great people.

Being a man isn't what you wear, it isn't what you eat, it isn't your job or you're hobbies. It isn't how people see you, and it isn't what about they tell you to be. Push aside what society defines as manly, forget what you think you know about what makes a man, ignore the fools who are stuck with the Neanderthal beliefs and...

Just.

Be.

You!

These days being a real man is the same as being a real woman, it's making choices and following through with them, taking responsibility and accepting what those choices may lead to, either adapting to the outcome or making changes to suit you. Importantly it's about being true to yourself no matter what others think, say or do to change that.

The key word here is Real not man, so be the real you and everything else will fall into place.

Reactions: Lethdale, howiebabe, MtSkywalker and 1 other person
I was in my late teens. I had all the same feelings. I got married, raised to boys, provided for a family, ran a company, got several degrees, help in my community, spend time with my family and my religion. I think I am a man, even if I need to be a little boy at times. there are alot worse things some men do than wear a diaper. it gets better. just breath, relax and know its not something you did, it is something you are. it has helped me not judge other people too quickly in life, so there is a huge positive with it all. It is help me be who I am.

MtSkywalker said:
I have an issue that I know everyone had or have it is very common but you know I’m young, I discovered this side of me few years ago and started doing it 2 years ago. So, i have a conflict between the fact that i need to be a real man and the fact that I love wearing diapers but the problem is that when I don’t wear one I think of it everyday but when I wear one Im so ashamed of myself but just the second I put it I’m ashamed. I lose my dignity and my values and I really don’t like that. I read some forum of people that have the same issue but that’s always the same response “just accept it” but I can’t. I’m depress when I don’t wear one but also when I wear one I’m lost. ( sorry for my English I didn’t used Google translate)
Does wearing diapers/nappies make one less of a man?
Does wearing reading glasses, dentures, hearing aids or an overcoat in cold weather make one less of a man?
No, of course not. They are tools provided by our ingenuity.
Wearing adult diapers/nappies, whether for incontinence or emotional reasons, is just another tool.
To get us through the day.
(Or night)

Reactions: Ortler, safaridaze and howiebabe
Tundra1975 said:
When I became totally incontinent, I coined the phrase “Man up and diaper up”.
I like it!

Reactions: Tundra1975
Back