• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Hello! Adult car seat and safety

gterriley

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Hello everyone. I was reluctant to make an account on here because I don’t think what would typically qualify as an AB, I’m not into diapers or acting like a baby (no disrespect to anyone who does these things!) but I’ve developed a fascination at this point of my life and I don’t know what to make of it.

I’m 26 F and for most of my life grew up in a VERY protective family (I had to ride in a car seat using a harness until I was 11, had helicopter parents, curfews etc). When I was young I hated this, and I wanted to be less “safeguarded”. Recently, as I’ve gotten older I’ve noticed it’s become the complete opposite, I love everything that’s “safe”.

For example, most people don’t like wearing life jackets. I got a jetski last year and I love wearing my life jacket. I got a really nice one with a little collar on it and a strap that goes between my legs and I feel so secure in it when I’m in the water floating around. I always sleep with a weighted blanket because it’s comforting to me. It’s not necessarily a “safe thing” but I got a fleece onesie from onepiece for my birthday and it’s the coziest thing in the world, I wear it whenever I’m bumming it around the house on Sunday. It’s funny but the one thing I want the most right now is to ride in a car seat again. A few years ago while I was in college I was at a friend’s house getting ready to go out and the friend’s mom drove us to the bar. They babysit a kid with special needs and her mom forgot to take the car seat out of the car so one of my friends hopped in it as a joke and rode to the bar strapped in. We were all laughing at the time but it looked so cute and safe! Ever since then I’ve wanted to feel what it’s like to ride in a car seat again because there are special needs car seats that are in my height and weight range that I can legally ride in. I’m too embarrassed to tell anybody I know about this and want to know if anyone else has developed a gravitation toward safety like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sealander, DLWee and Cottontail
Welcome, @gterriley! You might get more traction on this question in the Adult Baby forum. The topic of adult-sized child safety seats comes up from time to time. It’s not one of my own fantasies (crib, please!), but you’re certainly not alone.

I hope you find the place fun and supportive, and if you end up getting a pacifier to go with your onesie, we’ll understand. :)

Reactions: Sealander, DLWee and gterriley
Hi there, welcome to ADISC! There are all sorts of folks here. As @Cottontail said, the topic of car seats and harnesses does sometimes come up. I seem to remember some other non-ABDL who was here who was interested in car seats.

For me, I'd absolutely love to be snapped into an adult-sized baby bouncer. :love: Alas.

Reactions: gterriley
Back