Having an unexpected bm accident in semi-public -

jdlake131

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
Later this morning I was playing golf with a couple of friends. For some reason I hadn't had my usual early morning bm. I'm mostly "regular" and have bm's in the morning as per my bowel program. I knew it was odd but I went to the golf course and went on as usual. By around noon I felt that it was going to have a bm. It must have been 20 minutes when I felt an uncomfortable urge. I didn't even have any time to hit the bathroom. A complete accident happened. Since I'm mostly "regular," I had an extremely big accident. My friend knew I was having trouble and told me to just hit the bathroom. Obviously it wasn't enough. It was so big that the mess completely filled my diaper. I gave them some excuse and left. I think they know of my problems. Still, such an embarrassing accident left me completely humiliated. I guess this is not the first time. I guess I really don't have any answers. Things happen. Others know. Just so depressed about it.

I just want others to try to keep going. Today is one of those days that they don't happen every day. I hate this but I try to deal with it. I'd like to smile . Yeah, right.

Reactions: luminescent81 and puravidadip
Sorry to hear about your messy diaper while playing golf with friends. I am sure you earned a mulligan on your next round.

Mulligan? Thanks. I'm sure others know. It doesn't make it "ok" and most others know accidents happen. How did I deal with it? Lets just say I did ok. I'm going this tonight with my new girl-friend. I don't share my issues with her. Sorry, I won't.

That's the problem with regular movements that are not on time, especially for the morning ones before going out.
So what do you do when regular has not happened? Call off the day? Stay at home? Call in sick for work? You did what most of us would, took a chance and hoped for the best. Unfortunately our worst fears were realized, urges that could not be responded to at the time.
Oh the embarrassment and the affect on others around you - especially if they a NOT strangers that you will never see again.
My heart ❤️ goes out to you jdlake131.
If there is any good news afterwards it is this: you will discover who your real friends are who have much more acceptance and understanding than what you now may think is possible.
I hope this will be so for you soon - even though I'm not into golf.

What can I say? Unexpected BM accidents happen. Hopefully they're not a lot of them. Since I'm complete IC it's important to always be ready. How? I use really good protection every day. I've been using a quality disposable, boosters and plastic pants. I also use internal deodorants everyday. I don't advertise people that I wear diapers. I always use fixation pants and when walking or physical activity, I use compression pants. I'm always discrete and appropriate clothing. When an accident happens I try to get changed when I can. If that's not possible I just deal with it. It's not easy. I've been IC since birth so I have plenty of experience. I try to be positive and not getting too down.

I keep having the Unexpected BM sneak up on me. I have had a few in the car on the way home or my favorite one with the key in the front door or trying to get the belt undone and my pants down but I have failed to have a big accident in front of my friends in public. I like to bowl and I know it is coming one day that I don't make it when at the bowling alley and it scares me. No one to my knowledge knows I am in diapers and I am super bladder IC and can finally say after living with it my entire life that I use strong enough protection now that I don't ever have to worry about leaks because I don't push my luck and let them get to soggy when out. It does feel good to know I don't have to worry about bad leaks for piss poor diapers from the 90's. But now I always have my bowel issues in my head because they are not as easy to hide and I could not imagine changing in a clubhouse restroom at the golf course. I would of played it the same way. keep your head up your IC does not define who you are but your ability to adapt and over come surly defines you. I like the saying sometimes you are the hydrant some times you are the dog it is jus life. Not any of the people you was golfing with would of done things different if t happened to them. Thank you for sharing because my day is coming and I will remember you at the golf course when it happens. Tomorrow is a entire new day so make it better.

I go from zero to full diaper in blink of an eye ,my only control is feeling the consequences of fecal matter filling the front of my diaper .

I use good diapers , rubber bloomers , chlorophyll between those and I can’t move around so there is virtually no air exchange between my diaper/ contents and the rest of the world , I know long before I could possibly be detected by a nose , and before going somewhere public for extended time there is always a plan for a secure place that my aide can take me and change me urgently if needed, I mess 4-5 X’s per day so planning for WHEN he messes is less problematic than denying reality and harboring pipe dreams for WILL He . If you plan for it there is never an emergency you have to react to.

Reactions: Diaperman95
I have occasional IBS. When it starts to act up I only have a short period to get to a restroom or have uncontrolled runny diarrhea fill my diaper. So far I have not been caught in the company of others when that happens. But that scares me to death that I know one day my luck will run out and I will be in the company of people I would rather not know. I really feel for you but you know that most everybody have had some kind of accident in your drawers at the worst time.

Public bowel accidents happen (Unfortunately) I try not to stress when it happens I quickly excuse my self and head to the bathroom, most of my friends and family know Im Bladder IC and have a occasional bowel issue and nothing ever said.

Pantyman said:
I have occasional IBS. When it starts to act up I only have a short period to get to a restroom or have uncontrolled runny diarrhea fill my diaper. So far I have not been caught in the company of others when that happens. But that scares me to death that I know one day my luck will run out and I will be in the company of people I would rather not know. I really feel for you but you know that most everybody have had some kind of accident in your drawers at the worst time.
I have a friend that told me his shit story. He had some kind of infection it was not C diff but along that lines. For about 6 months he had several miss on making it to the restroom. But the one I like the best he told me he had came home and as I was pulling my truck in the garage it hit me like a ton of bricks. He said I mean I had to go. So he gets out of the truck goes into the laundry room from the garage leaving one shoe in the laundry and one in the kitchen. He goes I go through the dinning room unbuckling my belt and am undo my jeans as I go down the hall and turn into the restroom. I throw the seat up and thank Jesus I made it. He then said the only bad thing you know those soft fluffy toilet seat covers that match the bath rug. I said yeah the little three piece set. He said my wife had put one on the lid and I was in such a hurry to throw the lid open and turn to set I did not notice it had fell closed. He said it had that cover on it so it did not make a loud bang when it fell and his legs was already letting him sit down as hiss ass muscles could not hold no more. He said I was sitting as I was shitting and I shit all over that toilet seat cover and then seat in it. I laughed so hard because the way he told it I could see it step by step happening to me. I have had so many of them close calls that it is coming out before my ass is planted but then only to find out the seat and fluffy cover is in the way. 😅🤣 That's priceless I got such a good laugh out of it so I thought you guys might too. The funny thing was he was home alone no body had to ever hear that story. I would of took it to the grave. I am glad it cleared up for him. But to this day every time I feel bad about not making it I laugh at him.

Rob110 said:
Public bowel accidents happen.
I was having an increasing amount of frequent diarrhoea. I saw a gastroenterologist who said one medication I was taking (Protonix—pantoprazole) could cause diarrhoea. He changed the medication to something that I am sorry for, but its name is not known to me. The result is even more frequent diarrhoea. I must live with it until I have an already scheduled appointment that is 30 days since the first one. The diapers provided in my nursing home (Prevail Per-Fit 360) do not absorb or contain diarrhoea. It readily flows out through the leg openings. Going out in public in shorts with the resultant discharge of diarrhoea onto the floor is something I cannot handle and is not worth considering. I prefer to stay housebound using the toilet even though it is detestable.

Last edited:
SeniorMan said:
I was having an increasing amount of frequent diarrhoea. I saw a gastroenterologist who said one medication I was taking (Protonix—pantoprazole) could cause diarrhoea. He changed the medication to something that I am sorry for, but its name is not known to me. The result is even more frequent diarrhoea. I must live with it until I have an already scheduled appointment that is 30 days since the first one. The diapers provided in my nursing home (Prevail Per-Fit 360) do not absorb or contain diarrhoea. It readily flows out through the leg openings. Going out in public in shorts with the resultant discharge of diarrhoea onto the floor is something I cannot handle and is not worth considering. I prefer to stay housebound using the toilet even though it is detestable.
Keep your head up. You re still alive, a lot of things to enjoy still. Have you tried Mega Max? They have way tall leak guard. That and maybe a pill to neutralized the smell. Better dry has tall guards, and a real affordable diaper besides them that has good tall guards is Secure x plus. 75 bucks for 48 medium. I had not clue protonix can make it worse I been on them 4 years. They sure work for stopping the heart burn. On me anyway they do.

I mean even If you get one bag of a better diaper just once a month that is 10 to 12 changes that might get you out of the home a few times a week. That is if you only use them when out and about. This is your Golden years you should be able to enjoy life.

https://totaldry.com/products/plus-fitted-brief-breathable?variant=41154447081630

These are a lot of bang for the buck. They don't stretch and loosen or sag, they have a reinforced landing strip like mega max. In fact they fit a lot like Mega Max but not as thick. It is still a quality diaper and will hold a lot more than those provided to you.

I was wondering about you I had not seen you post much in the last month. Hope you are doing well besides the fecal IC. I hope you get doing better. You are not alone just know that.

Something I've learned from an incontinent person when I used to work on an ambulance: They took suppositories or an enema to encourage a bowel movement early so they don't have one later. I thought this was a great idea so I keep a supply of suppositories and I installed an enema attachment in my shower.

It was an interesting call as that's not a question that would really ever come up. He was a paraplegic being arrested and they couldn't take him to jail in the police car so they called an ambulance (me) to take him to jail instead. When we got to the jail, he explained he had bowel incontinence to the jail nurse and suppositories and enemas was how he took care of it.

This advice isn't so helpful if you have to be careful with what you put your digestive through, so it's situation dependent.

ferix said:
Something I've learned from an incontinent person when I used to work on an ambulance: They took suppositories or an enema to encourage a bowel movement early so they don't have one later. I thought this was a great idea so I keep a supply of suppositories and I installed an enema attachment in my shower.

It was an interesting call as that's not a question that would really ever come up. He was a paraplegic being arrested and they couldn't take him to jail in the police car so they called an ambulance (me) to take him to jail instead. When we got to the jail, he explained he had bowel incontinence to the jail nurse and suppositories and enemas was how he took care of it.

This advice isn't so helpful if you have to be careful with what you put your digestive through, so it's situation dependent.
Water enemas are pretty safe. I not giving medical advice here so you people eeading this talk with your gastro doctor. But the idea is to train your colon so it only moves with the enema and not when it wants too. So it can also a good thing for it to become dependent on with someone with fecal incontinence. My wife has a colostomy. It is a sigmoid colostomy meaning she has 99% of her colon. She had rectal cancer and had the re tum removed. So she has zero control. She use to have it trained pretty good she did it every morning the rest of the time the bag stayed empty. Unless ber IBS was to bad. I mean there are days your stomach is going to say who is in charge. Sp I would say it is not a great Idea to do if you can poop okay normally. But if you are constantly stopped up or have incontinence it can be a good thing to create a habit. So it can go either way a good thing or a bad thing. I would say if you dont have issue but are reading cleansing is good dont do it more than once a week without consulting your doctor.

Back