Have you ever tried to have coffee chats with other ABs?

googlyeyes467

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I'm considering posting events on fetlife or other places to just have coffee chats with other ABDLs. I'd like to make platonic friends in my area that are "in the know" about the ABDL lifestyle. I'm hoping that we can bond over not only being ABDL but also other hobbies too like cooking, tennis, science fiction, and board games.

Have any of you ever tried to hold a casual event like this? How did it go? Was it too awkward? Did no one show up? Was it killer and you made lifelong friends?

Reactions: Serendiapity, Deleted member 49613, ChrisK and 4 others
googlyeyes467 said:
I'm considering posting events on fetlife or other places to just have coffee chats with other ABDLs. I'd like to make platonic friends in my area that are "in the know" about the ABDL lifestyle. I'm hoping that we can bond over not only being ABDL but also other hobbies too like cooking, tennis, science fiction, and board games.

Have any of you ever tried to hold a casual event like this? How did it go? Was it too awkward? Did no one show up? Was it killer and you made lifelong friends?
I like the idea, it sounds good.👍😃

Reactions: googlyeyes467
googlyeyes467 said:

Yes, my wife and I have been to a munch as well as play parties and other gatherings.
The concept has been around for a while and there are munches around the globe.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: googlyeyes467 and MetalDan86
I’ve been for quite a few relaxed meets for coffee with ABDLs. Luckily, I’ve always had a good experience and found friendly, interesting and generally nice people. Of course, usual online safety rules apply (like only meeting in a public place etc) but I’ve been very lucky with the people I’ve met.

However, as you mentioned, it’s important to remember that being an ABDL is only one facet of someone. For a meet like that to work, you’ll need to have more to talk about than just nappies or being little. So, I’ve only met with people after chatting with them quite a lot online and establishing that we had plenty to chat about beyond ABDL, allowing conversation to flow and letting us get to know each other really well.

Whenever I’ve done something like this, I’ve not found it awkward at all. It can be slightly nerve wracking meeting new people, but it’s also exciting. People will also let you know if they plan on coming in advance, so you’re not left in a position where nobody has turned up.

The best thing about these meets though is that I’ve been able to make some really good real life friends who can all show aloud ABDL sides without having to hide it. People just understand it and are always happy to help support you in it as we all know that it can be lonely at times.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belarin, LittleScotty, Floodingpants and 3 others
BenNevis said:
I’ve been for quite a few relaxed meets for coffee with ABDLs. Luckily, I’ve always had a good experience and found friendly, interesting and generally nice people. Of course, usual online safety rules apply (like only meeting in a public place etc), but I’ve been very lucky with the people I’ve met.

However, as you mentioned, it’s important to remember that being an ABDL is only one facet of someone. For a meet like that to work, you’ll need to have more to talk about than just nappies or being little. So, I’ve only met with people after chatting with them quite a lot online and establishing that we had plenty to chat about beyond ABDL, allowing conversation to flow and letting us get to know each other really well.

Whenever I’ve done something like this, I’ve not found it awkward at all. It can be slightly nerve wracking meeting new people, but it’s also exciting. People will also let you know if they plan on coming in advance, so you’re not left in a position where nobody has turned up.

The best thing about these meets though is that I’ve been able to make some really good really life friends who can all show aloud ABDL sides without having to hide it. People just understand it and are always happy to help support you in it as we all know that it can be lonely at times.
...‘it’s important to remember that being an ABDL is only one facet of someone.’

One of the most insightful and honest comments I have seen about this community for a long time - yep, we’re all still multi-faceted people just like everyone else. Thank you for shining a spotlight on that fact. It’s really cheered me up this morning! 😊

Reactions: blaincorrous, dfabuk, Jorelaxed and 4 others
DLmikey said:
...‘it’s important to remember that being an ABDL is only one facet of someone.’

One of the most insightful and honest comments I have seen about this community for a long time - yep, we’re all still multi-faceted people just like everyone else. Thank you for shining a spotlight on that fact. It’s really cheered me up this morning! 😊
This is especially important given the inital reason I started to try to meet others. I was struggling with self acceptance after years of dreaded binge/purge cycle and tired with feeling awful about this aspect of myself. Meeting others was to try to prove to myself that I wasn't the only one and being able to hold real conversations about anything with someone who also understood what it was like was lovely. And besides, it also has the added benefit of being able to talk about nappy things too and the whole package of there being another person sat across from you, sipping on a coffee and both just knowing. It made being like this a non-issue and immensly helped to normalise it and thus feel much better about myself.

I'm pleased you enjoyed the comment and hope you continue to have a pleasant long weekend!

Reactions: iluvdps2, LittleScotty and Deleted member 39193
googlyeyes467 said:
Was it killer and you made lifelong friends?

Both.

Khaymen said:

Yes, my wife and I have been to a munch as well as play parties and other gatherings.
The concept has been around for a while and there are munches around the globe.

I guess I didn't think of it like a munch. I thought of it like something even more casual. But I guess this makes sense. It would basically be a munch but with only coffee.

Reactions: Khaymen
googlyeyes467 said:

I used to regularly meet up with other ABDLs, sometimes on a 1-to-1 basis for a coffee. Other times I organised group meetings in pubs, such had varying levels of attendance.
Initially meeting each new person was a bit awkward, but I got used to it quite quickly.
Never had a no-show thankfully

Reactions: littleph0enix
until now I didn't really have a way to do said meets, I just didn't really accept who I was since I was in no rush up until now, I'm 26 and just want more friends in life that enjoy what I enjoy and would do the same ish stuff on and off. (ideally I would like to be friends with some people from ABDL and from starting new hobbies to be more social)

I dont know how many others are living the same way but I have been putting up with (since college) work being 75% of my life every year just to get in a better position later in life and mainly to save up the money needed to buy my own place on my own, I am at long last getting to a point where I can start to think more about myself and I feel the biggest loss to me was the lack of time or involvement with people that could be my life long friends.

im not 100% there yet but I am starting to try and get as much info on meet up's that happen and where they are to see if I could go or not, so yeah thanks for doing the hard work guy :D:p

It's been awkward, it's been no shows, it's been impressive turn outs, I've made long term friends, YES TO ALL THE QUESTIONS.

I use to co lead our group but after awhile I got burned out making time and sacrifices to attend our lackluster groups cause our co lead (Good friend) just never listened to my ideas. He continues to keep it alive to his credit but I started working concerts so rarely get to go.

I firmly believe in the power of munches and am always willing to promote the idea.

I have tried to set up munches a couple times here in Bristol and a few others I've met have tried too, there's always lots of interest but only ever 2 or 3 other people showing up, I do wonder if perhaps the thought of a larger group of people meeting for a munch might have been offputting for some and that may be why although they were interested they didn't actually come out, a smaller casual coffee meet might be better and once you know a few people locally it may be easier to get them all together at once.

I have also had a few one on one meets either over drinks or just meeting up and these have generally gone well, I'm always happy to meet people even though I am usually quite introverted, I would still like to try and get a little group together round here even if it wasn't such a regular thing as a munch.

Reactions: littleph0enix and BenNevis
Belarin said:
I have tried to set up munches a couple times here in Bristol
out of interest have you ever been or set up a meet up using eventbrite?

I saw that one thread about meets in Glasgow using eventbrite which honestly surprised me since I have leant of some other stuff that do meets but didnt see eventbrite being a way to do a meet (mostly down to the fact I have done many eventbrite events before but didnt think they would mix with ABDL stuff)

this was the old link if anyone has not seen said thread yet:

littleph0enix said:
out of interest have you ever been or set up a meet up using eventbrite?

I saw that one thread about meets in Glasgow using eventbrite which honestly surprised me since I have leant of some other stuff that do meets but didnt see eventbrite being a way to do a meet (mostly down to the fact I have done many eventbrite events before but didnt think they would mix with ABDL stuff)

this was the old link if anyone has not seen said thread yet:
No never heard of it, I mostly used Fetlife as I'm in a couple local groups with a lot of members.

Belarin said:
No never heard of it, I mostly used Fetlife as I'm in a couple local groups with a lot of members.
I see, oh well was worth a go, im sure in time I will have all the meet ups in the lower part of england bookmarked all year round lol

None of the local munches are all that interesting, frankly.

Sadly, Covid took them out and they haven't really started back up.

Now I used to host a group that wasn't ABDL related that met at a cafe. What I loved is that they had a private room where we could discuss things without others inadvertently getting invloved. Sadly, that shop is no longer around.

I have thought about getting a munch together locally but I haven't put much effort into it.

I’ve made one-on-one lunch dates with other ADISCers in addition to attending many larger munches. I’ve always had a good time. I wouldn’t say I’ve made a lot of friends that way, but then that’s never really been a goal. I enjoy putting faces to names. It adds a healthy dose of reality to what often feels like an insubstantial community of avatars and text.

…Not to disparage communities of avatars and text! I’d be lost without them, but they’re no substitute for live, unedited humanity.

In short, I think a casual coffee date is an excellent foundation for a not-quite-munch. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tbjay and Jorelaxed
I would love to meet others like myself for coffee but wouldn’t feel comfortable talking about our kink within ear range of others .
It would be nice to meet others in my area though.

Back