Got a ???

Twinmom

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have to go in for a sleep study tomorrow night. I'm not what you would clasfy as a bed wetter. But 99 % of the time I don't make it a few feet when I get up to go pee before I'm wetting my diaper. Would you even try to go or just go ahead and wet the diaper. I have told them I'm incontinent and may have to change a wet diaper in the middle of the night. I just hate to have to go thru un hooking things to go pee to just end up with a wet diaper anyway

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Freddie07601 and Diprs2
Twinmom said:
I have to go in for a sleep study tomorrow night. I'm not what you would clasfy as a bed wetter. But 99 % of the time I don't make it a few feet when I get up to go pee before I'm wetting my diaper. Would you even try to go or just go ahead and wet the diaper. I have told them I'm incontinent and may have to change a wet diaper in the middle of the night. I just hate to have to go thru un hooking things to go pee to just end up with a wet diaper anyway
Wear the diaper. Trust me.

• Love
Reactions: chamberpot, Freddie07601, Neroforte and 4 others
Just wear the diaper and don't concern yourself with it ...they have seen it before...trust me focus on sleeping and doing what you should be doing instead of worrying about the bathroom or the fact you might wet. You need to be comfortable and that should be your main concern not what your wearing 👍😊

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Freddie07601, Neroforte and 1 other person
I would try and find some briefs.

I’m not sure if you’re small enough but I know goodnites rip at the sides which have been a life saver for quick discreet changes. I tested goodnites with a water bottle once and they took a good 18oz of liquid in a standing up position before a leak. This was purely me testing max capacity and not in a position I’d normally use them in, laying down they can normally take two good wettings.

At the moment I don’t have experience with other brief style diapers so I’m not sure if adult sized ones that rip at the sides as well, and can’t vouch for the quality of any adult brands.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeddyBunny
Thanks all. That's what I was thinking too. Why worry with trying to make it when I'll probably end up wet anyway. I'll just wet the diaper in the bed and tell them when I need to change it

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Freddie07601, Neroforte and 1 other person
Unhooking you is not a major ordeal, as the wires terminate to a multi-pin plug. But it does mean someone needs to come into the room (lights on), disconnect you, reconnect you when you return, and then have you follow a few instructions to make sure everything is working. You might be wide awake by that time.

I recommend wear the diaper and under hydrate a little. Your sleep will not be normal from your perspective. They will wake you early, so you may not need to pee until they wake you.

Reactions: TeddyBunny and geka
It went well. No problems having to pee

Reactions: Napincolove, Freddie07601, Dragoven and 2 others
Twinmom said:
Don't know how much you wet at night, but surely you could use one of the more absorbent diapers with a booster to get thru the night. I wouldn't bother trying to get up at night if I know I'm well diapered.

Reactions: Neroforte and AttilaThePun
Diaper up and go high absorbency! Getting up to pee, ruined an acquaintances whole study. He removed the stuff, because going pee is hard when hooked up to machines. Just use a proper diaper, truly good one.

Reactions: Diprs2, UrgentWees and AttilaThePun
I have got one point, that maybe important, depending on the reason you do the test. I am interested in such a test as well, but my priorities are different at the moment and my energy is limited. I got some information and asked about incontinence, the fact i need to get up to three times at night, but no bed-wetting most of the time. They told me they have special diapers in the laboratory with some kind of sensor (TENA diapers) which they use to track the wettings, they said it is possible to disconnect, but also said that it takes time. The time part is my problem, i do wake up, but have got not much time to go without loosing control, at home that works usually, but in that test situation, i would not bet on that.
I told it like that and they said that i could use the diaper instead, when this would be O.K. for me, to make the test easier.

So, do not worry, just asked them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2, EcoIncon and AttilaThePun
Twinmom said:
Thanks all. That's what I was thinking too. Why worry with trying to make it when I'll probably end up wet anyway. I'll just wet the diaper in the bed and tell them when I need to change it
Definitely wear the diaper don't listen to others listen your body

Reactions: Diprs2
I would definitely wear a high absorbency nappy to the study and just let yourself use it. You having peace of mind and being able to relax enough to sleep is important for the quality of the data. Hope it goes well!

Reactions: Diprs2, Neroforte and AttilaThePun
I've worn a heavy-duty overnight diaper for sleep studies a couple of times. It's no big deal in a medical setting like that.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Diprs2
Back