Goodwill/Thrift Store Adult Diapers

sylvieDI

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Has anyone found ABDL or any High Absorbency Briefs at a Thrift/Discount or Goodwill store? I seem to get bad luck, usually I see Attends low absorbency
, Tranquility ATN or unmarked brands in clear plastic. Has anyone had luck?

Reactions: KBoy and I12BLittle89
sylvieDI said:
Has anyone found ABDL or any High Absorbency Briefs at a Thrift/Discount or Goodwill store? I seem to get bad luck, usually I see Attends low absorbency
I found 3 unopened packs of ABDL diapers at a thrift store but they were L and I swam in them. $10/bag. Threw them in the trash on a purge as is the case with many of us. Just recently found 28 XL Goodnites for $3. I know they’re not high absorbency but it’s taken a long time to check the shops.

• Sad
Reactions: jamiejamie, Dry247, KBoy and 3 others
I12BLittle89 said:
I found 3 unopened packs of ABDL diapers at a thrift store but they were L and I swam in them. $10/bag. Threw them in the trash on a purge as is the case with many of us. Just recently found 28 XL Goodnites for $3. I know they’re not high absorbency but it’s taken a long time to check the shops.
Yes same, usually I'll be driving and looking for thrift stores but it depends on if there are any it varies around here.

I was at Goodwill in Plymouth, Indiana I found 2 Northshore Black Underwear purchased them for like $5 a pack I believe I went to check out not making any eye contact with others, the cashier was nervously scanning it and asked "Oh are these for you or nursing home" I uncomfortably said Nursing home. It was a long embarrassing transaction. I have not gone back to that Goodwill again I should have gone when it was not busy. But thanks for sharing your side..

Reactions: oldskool, KBoy and I12BLittle89
sylvieDI said:
Yes same, usually I'll be driving and looking for thrift stores but it depends on if there are any it varies around here.

I was at Goodwill in Plymouth, Indiana I found 2 Northshore Black Underwear purchased them for like $5 a pack I believe I went to check out not making any eye contact with others, the cashier was nervously scanning it and asked "Oh are these for you or nursing home" I uncomfortably said Nursing home. It was a long embarrassing transaction. I have not gone back to that Goodwill again I should have gone when it was not busy. But thanks for sharing your side..
I rarely have issues checking out. The ABDL diapers got a very quick, almost unnoticeable glance up and then moved forward with the checkout like nothing at all. This last go around with Goodnites got a sudden pause and a Quick Look of shock from an older lady. She said “oh! Both of them.” Then proceeded to check out. Kinda glanced up like she was thinking of saying something but yeah I have a go-to “my nephew is in town”. I was concerned because I know a lot of people who shop at this thrift store because you get so many good deals. Almost get stuff for free. Hence the 28 Goodnites for $3.

Reactions: oldskool
I recently found some Sunkiss diapers at my local goodwill store amongst the junk diapers that were there.

I have also found Goodnites there in the past.

But mostly the lower end diaper/generic pull-ups that really don’t appeal to me.

Reactions: sylvieDI and I12BLittle89
tdlrfootedpjs said:
I recently found some Sunkiss diapers at my local goodwill store amongst the junk diapers that were there.

But mostly the lower end diaper/generic pull-ups that really don’t appeal to me.
The lower end diapers in L-XXL is what I seem to find. I imagine that someone didn’t take care of themselves or had a chronic illness that prevented them from staying active. So they got fat and had to wear larger sizes.

Reactions: Angelapinks and tdlrfootedpjs
1 pack of Bambino Bellisimos. A DL friend who worked there saw them and hid them for me. $6.00 I think

Reactions: oldskool, Subtlerustle, Angelapinks and 3 others
tdlrfootedpjs said:

Same here, I have not found sunkiss at thrift store yet. I usually see generic store brands or medical

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
Thats similar to what I say, if someone I know see me at a store, I say it's for someone else. I usually try to go to thrift stores that where I am not likely to see people I know.
Around me in NW Indiana I look at goodwill and when a someone is in same aisle as Adult diapers, I'll look at my phone and then grab the pack when they not looking and check out. That's only when it's normally busy I do so.
I12BLittle89 said:
I rarely have issues checking out. The ABDL diapers got a very quick, almost unnoticeable glance up and then moved forward with the checkout like nothing at all. This last go around with Goodnites got a sudden pause and a Quick Look of shock from an older lady. She said “oh! Both of them.” Then proceeded to check out. Kinda glanced up like she was thinking of saying something but yeah I have a go-to “my nephew is in town”. I was concerned because I know a lot of people who shop at this thrift store because you get so many good deals. Almost get stuff for free. Hence the 28 Goodnites for $3.

I seen those too, my goodwill lately just have a lot stock of S or or Huge sizes, but sometimes there be a M/L of something generic. People donate diapers in bulk usually one size sometimes.
I12BLittle89 said:
The lower end diapers in L-XXL is what I seem to find. I imagine that someone didn’t take care of themselves or had a chronic illness that prevented them from staying active. So they got fat and had to wear larger sizes.

adam said:
1 pack of Bambino Bellisimos. A DL friend who worked there saw them and hid them for me. $6.00 I think
That's a great deal! I have yet to see them.

I always have a creepy feeling about buying adult diapers from a thrift store. I mean, anyone who is purging is more than likely going to throw them straight in the trash so chances are that they belonged to someone that has passed away.

Reactions: sylvieDI and dlover
sylvieDI said:
Thats similar to what I say, if someone I know see me at a store, I say it's for someone else. I usually try to go to thrift stores that where I am not likely to see people I know.
Around me in NW Indiana I look at goodwill and when a someone is in same aisle as Adult diapers, I'll look at my phone and then grab the pack when they not looking and check out. That's only when it's normally busy I do so.

One time when I bought diapers at a thrifts store, the cashier assumed they were for me so she told me that sometimes they have sales. It was very awkward, because it caught me off guard. You're from NW Indiana? I grew up there, but moved across the country years ago.

Reactions: sylvieDI, Lostdiapersboy and I12BLittle89
camdendl said:
One time when I bought diapers at a thrifts store, the cashier assumed they were for me so she told me that sometimes they have sales. It was very awkward, because it caught me off guard. You're from NW Indiana? I grew up there, but moved across the country years ago.
The shop I found the abdl diapers told me they have 1/2 price diapers sales every so often. It was about a month later when I was buying another type of diaper.

Reactions: Lostdiapersboy
I have over the years donated more than my fair share of test diapers from the full spectrum of the medical grade adult diapers (all white diapers). We target specifically Assessed Living Facilities for any packages that are not open and Disaster Relief Groups for the packages that have been opened.

I avoid providing to reseller.

Reactions: sylvieDI, Lostdiapersboy and Angelapinks
I once purchased 32 Rearz Lil Squirts v1 and some Rebelz from a local Goodwill. They were all packaged as 2 pack samples. I put everything they had on the shelf in my cart and she even offered a discount since I bought so many. I could care less what others think or have running through their head.

Reactions: oldskool, Subtlerustle, sylvieDI and 3 others
sylvieDI said:
I found three packs of XL ABU all white diapers. Two sizes too big for me but the oversize thing actually worked out well in the end! Got all three packs for under 20$ and felt like the luckiest man alive. This was at a goodwill near Minneapolis

Reactions: oldskool, Subtlerustle, Lostdiapersboy and 2 others
I was at my local Goodwill today and found an intact and unopened package of 12 Tranquility ATN in my size: $4.00.

Reactions: oldskool, sylvieDI, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
I always find the usual crappy Depends , lots of pull on underwear and some cloth Attends. It was probably a lot better decades earlier finding diaper items at the thrift stores . Adult diapers all were thick plastic ones back then. Modern adult diaper products just arent appealing . Its all about discreetness nowadays. I probably dont frequent the thrift stores enough to really score some good stuff. Many have said you have to get there early and frequently to get good stuff. A lot of these Ebay flippers are aware of ABDLs seeking vintage and better ABDL diapers. So they scoop them up early. Its probably why I often only really see again crap Depends or mostly pull on underwear.

Reactions: oldskool, sylvieDI, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
camdendl said:
Yup, been here and born here NW Indiana! Speaking of the thrift store, the guy checking me out at Goodwill when I bought two packs asked is this for someone at nursing home? I said yes, made me uncomfortable especially the while he was taking to get the transaction done.

Reactions: oldskool, camdendl and Edgewater
Back