ProTricycleRacer

🎵I want to ride my tricycle!🎵
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey y’all,

I’m looking for a weighted blanket that I can use when I’m in little space. Anybody got any suggestions? I’m hoping to get something less than $50 that looks more like a regular blanket and not a baby blanket.

I'm intrigued. I hope you don't mind me asking but why 'weighted'?

I hear weighted blankets are used to calm you down, and relieve stress because it’s weight for whatever reason soothes your brain.

Reactions: AComputerGuy and BobbiSueEllen
ProTricycleRacer said:
I hear weighted blankets are used to calm you down, and relieve stress because it’s weight for whatever reason soothes your brain.
Oh what a good idea! Better than drugs.

• Haha
Reactions: ProTricycleRacer
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Bigbabybret said:
Well, depending on the size...

I have the kin size 30# one that is 100 bucks, but dont need that one.

in fact usually want to not go more than 10% of your weight (albeit most the king blanket isnt on top of me).

yes, they help calm nerves, and help me with the tingly feelings from nerve damage
Well if it works use it! Sounds good. Though I think the weight would be uncomfortable for me.

Adair37 said:
Well if it works use it! Sounds good. Though I think the weight would be uncomfortable for me.
you'd think so, but it is all distributed evenly over your body.

most people like having some blankets on them at night, and a blanket weighs like 1-2# or there abouts, many people like a good comforter hich weighs more, this is just the extension of the same effect.

sorta like it's soothing to have some compression (say spandex) in clothing, or a pillow on your stomach etc. all sorta the same sotrta things.

Just don't use it for little kids or pets. They can get suffocated.

With 50$ you wont get far. You need good quality but also cheep which is hard to find.. since i live in 2 places in europe we found someone in poland who makes them and since i had them since i was a kid because i’m autistic i order from them every now and then. but my mum said it was hard to find someone so try different searches in google and keep an eye out.. maybe (i assume you are from the us?) somebody on craigslist offerst to make them? around 70-90 should be ok then. and you shouldn’t take more than 10% of your body weight as a weight for the blanket. I figured out depending on how i feel and if somthing didn’t go as planned tho i have 10kg one and i weigh about 60kg so that should be about 16% i think. but on good days i definitely prefer the 5.5kg one.

you should also choose a fabric that is comfotbut not super warm like fleece. And you can choose a design for exaple sailboats (not kiddie like but just plain white) or lines or cirlces whoch don’t look baby like but still very nice and not plain (i don’t like the plain ones for some reason and get more stressed)

i know you asked where to buy them but i hope this helped a bit with choosing one anyways :)

I mean, I got a 20 lbs blanket off Amazon for like $40 I think we'll over a year ago and it's held up fine. It mainly depends on what you want though. The type I have has little beads inside square pockets to weigh it down. I'm not sure if all of them are like that though. All I know is I love mine. Mine isn't babyish either. It's gray and very basic with only a square pattern for the pockets for the beads. Covers are not a bad investment either, but I don't bother to use one since I use a soft blanket under it. Mine isn't a soft type which I prefer to be the layer on my body.

ProTricycleRacer said:
Hey y’all,

I’m looking for a weighted blanket that I can use when I’m in little space. Anybody got any suggestions? I’m hoping to get something less than $50 that looks more like a regular blanket and not a baby blanket.
I really like a shop based in the UK called sensory direct. I don't have a weighted blanket myself but got a chewie from them and its amazing

I want one but hear they are hot to sleep under, and I fear my dogs ripping it open.

Now, you got me wondering why I like to have extra weight on my feet and I put 3-4 extra blankets there just to feel the extra weight, could it be related to the fact I'M Autist Asperger too. I always have difficulty to sleep in hotel rooms if I can't find enough blankets to put over my feet area.

They have some good ones at Target for decently cheap!

Adair37 said:
I tied a weighted blanket also to try and relieve some of my anxiety. I tried many times to sleep with it but found that the weight for me was uncomfortable even though I sleep with layers of blankets. I could stand it for a few hours maybe then had to remove it to sleep. What I discovered was that I prefer a compression feeling vs a weighted feeling. I eventually got a compression vest. I don't sleep with it but found the calming effect to be very helpful.

I have been sleeping under one I got from amazon for a couple years now
It's a 25 pound
It doesn't take long to get used to

Sadly not available any longer but this is that said one:

They say it shouldn't go in the washing machine but I have already done it a couple times and was fine
Just spread it out after on the floor to dry it out, possibly with a fan on it helps

Some other possible options :

Reactions: lilstevie56
I’ve been wanting to try a weighted blanket, I think the theory behind them is true. I hate sleeping without covers, I’ll turn the a/c to full blast 24/7 and freeze out the bedroom so I can sleep comfortably with a heavy blanket 😂

Reactions: LainIsLain
ykdprdave said:
I’ve been wanting to try a weighted blanket, I think the theory behind them is true. I hate sleeping without covers, I’ll turn the a/c to full blast 24/7 and freeze out the bedroom so I can sleep comfortably with a heavy blanket 😂
I never turn the heat on in the winter, its -26C outside right now, I'll sleep well in my Little Keeper Sleeper thickly padded with my favorite plushie Rex the Dinosaur. I just wish I could prevent cold air from my room from reaching the rest of the appt, if I close the door during the day, its way too cold in there.

CodyBaby said:
I never turn the heat on in the winter, its -26C outside right now, I'll sleep well in my Little Keeper Sleeper thickly padded with my favorite plushie Rex the Dinosaur. I just wish I could prevent cold air from my room from reaching the rest of the appt, if I close the door during the day, its way too cold in there.
😂 I usually keep the rest of the house at a half decent temperature, but the bedroom is always an ice box. Just went through a couple weeks of -40, most comfortable time for footies and multiple blankets lol

I just ordered one off Amazon a few moments ago, it’s supposed to get here by tomorrow! I say how I feel about it once I get it.

Back