Good alternatives in Canada?

Canadianfalls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Wondering what the lesser-known alternative diapers are for us up in Canada? I've been browsing several sites, and will share a list for those who like me want to get the best bang for their buck when buying. Cost-savings are the goal.
I found the Nateen Canada brand today, seems decently priced but can't find much on their diapers here, so I just ordered a few bags and will find out! I've loved the BetterDry diapers, but they are expensive and shipping isn't getting any cheaper anywhere. So, I'm looking for new things! Don't care if it's ABDL or not, or printed... just need good absorbency for what your average 20-something student would need. For work, the gym, for bed, etc. Another nice all-round coverage diaper or multiple to fit the many needs. Things like M4s are bad with compression leaks. Prevail 360s are my workout diaper but are too light for that sometimes too. I've been thinking about trying Tenas but there are so many options and I keep hearing that they're very thin. Does that mean bad absorbency? Also looking to bite the bullet and get the Attends Premiers which are cheaper than BetterDry on PaylessMedical. Bad idea?

My questions then for my fellow Canadians (especially Torontonians) are, what are your go-tos that are more cost-effective, and where do you buy for the best price?

Here's my list of places to buy from - some are especially cost-effective. Hope this helps someone else like me out there:
https://www.nateen-canada.ca/ (can't vouch for this one yet)
+ Amazon.ca

Thank you :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lumos, Angelapinks and Subtlerustle
Adding to the list:

Since I am urge incontinent, and trying to maintain control, I wear protection during the day mostly just-in-case. That goes for IBS-d as well. Since most days I toss that diaper away dry, I want to buy cheap. The best bang for that Canuck buck seems to be Walmart's Equate briefs. My cost is $0.56/diaper when you order two bags (though still very good price if you buy a single). I always arrange the order for free shipping also.

Reactions: Canadianfalls
slimjiminy said:
Since I am urge incontinent, and trying to maintain control, I wear protection during the day mostly just-in-case. That goes for IBS-d as well. Since most days I toss that diaper away dry, I want to buy cheap. The best bang for that Canuck buck seems to be Walmart's Equate briefs. My cost is $0.56/diaper when you order two bags (though still very good price if you buy a single). I always arrange the order for free shipping also.
Those are good for your case I suppose. Aren't you afraid of what happens in the case you don't make it? While Equate is cheap, there's nothing to say about their quality. Solid tapes, sure. Little to no absorbency though. I can't even trust those for a workout.

Reactions: CptKirk
Whenever funds were on the short side I'd go to the Tranquility ATN. When bought buy the case of 96, they worked out to be just under $1.00/each. Insofar as "economical" diapers are concerned, they seriously have no competition! They also have the "Smartcore" line now which is the ATN but with a clothlike outer shell. My issue is primarily only urine IC so I NEED absorbency, and there's no store brand on EARTH I'd trust at all to be able to go anywhere. I'd be a friggen recluse, again.

I lived that way for the majority of a year after a catastrophic diaper failure (soaked, dripping wet pants, lake at my feet in a grocery store) and believe me, I don't EVER want to have to relive that day again so long as I live.....and I figure GOD really HATES me as I've sincerely prayed, BEGGED, SCREAMING to die. Something tells me I must have pissed him (or her) off really bad in a past life LOL... I figure that despite all of the oddball "mystery" illnesses I live with, I'll somehow manage to live to see 80, maybe beyond. Being I honestly never imagined I'd live to see 35 or 40 (35 after I got sick but my entire life I doubted I'd live to see 40, no clue why) the suffering continues. The only good thing is that at least I am able to enjoy life from time to time but the enjoying aspect is indeed minimal compared to writhing in pain.

Last edited:
Canadianfalls said:
Wondering what the lesser-known alternative diapers are for us up in Canada? I've been browsing several sites, and will share a list for those who like me want to get the best bang for their buck when buying. Cost-savings are the goal.
I found the Nateen Canada brand today, seems decently priced but can't find much on their diapers here, so I just ordered a few bags and will find out! I've loved the BetterDry diapers, but they are expensive and shipping isn't getting any cheaper anywhere. So, I'm looking for new things! Don't care if it's ABDL or not, or printed... just need good absorbency for what your average 20-something student would need. For work, the gym, for bed, etc. Another nice all-round coverage diaper or multiple to fit the many needs. Things like M4s are bad with compression leaks. Prevail 360s are my workout diaper but are too light for that sometimes too. I've been thinking about trying Tenas but there are so many options and I keep hearing that they're very thin. Does that mean bad absorbency? Also looking to bite the bullet and get the Attends Premiers which are cheaper than BetterDry on PaylessMedical. Bad idea?

My questions then for my fellow Canadians (especially Torontonians) are, what are your go-tos that are more cost-effective, and where do you buy for the best price?

Here's my list of places to buy from - some are especially cost-effective. Hope this helps someone else like me out there:
https://www.nateen-canada.ca/ (can't vouch for this one yet)
+ Amazon.ca

Thank you :)
I just took delivery of a package from AgeComfort containing a Sample pack of 5 Forsite plastic backed diapers and a pack of Forsite pull on style pants (not plastic backed) as well as two pairs of Northshore Trifecta waterproof diaper covers which are a little bit large on me with pull ups but not with a night diaper. I got a size large but may try a Medium for daytime wear next order. These are nylon style pants with a PUL covering like the wet look material for bathing suits and dance costumes. They seem to be waterproof so far but I have only worn them with pull ups during the day and as I can soak a night time diaper pretty good I am not sure I would trust them for that. I looked at your post for the Nateen diapers thanks. The Forsite night diaper samples I got were all plastic backed and of the five one was white, one was grey with white stripes, another was a Mary Jane printed leaves on white and the last one was a fun undersea print in light blue. These are thick and thristy diapers so no leaks wearing them. I can say I am not a big fan of the Forsite pull on's as they are a bit baggy around the leg openings but they are thirsty. This package arrived a day and a half after placing the order on line and were sent Canada Post. I missed the delivery by 5 minutes and saw the driver going off up the hill after leaving a card in the mail box for next day pick up at the Sub Post Office near me. Unfortunately the next day was Good Friday so everything was shut. I waited until the end of the day when I knew the driver makes his last stop at the Sub Station a gambled that he may drop my package off then. I was in luck as I told the Post Master I really needed the package and missed the guy by a few minutes so he looked in the back at the latest drop off and found my package there. I could not wait to race home and try things on for size. With an order over $100.00 shipping is free and pretty fast.

Angelapinks said:
I just took delivery of a package from AgeComfort containing a Sample pack of 5 Forsite plastic backed diapers and a pack of Forsite pull on style pants (not plastic backed) as well as two pairs of Northshore Trifecta waterproof diaper covers which are a little bit large on me with pull ups but not with a night diaper. I got a size large but may try a Medium for daytime wear next order. These are nylon style pants with a PUL covering like the wet look material for bathing suits and dance costumes. They seem to be waterproof so far but I have only worn them with pull ups during the day and as I can soak a night time diaper pretty good I am not sure I would trust them for that. I looked at your post for the Nateen diapers thanks. The Forsite night diaper samples I got were all plastic backed and of the five one was white, one was grey with white stripes, another was a Mary Jane printed leaves on white and the last one was a fun undersea print in light blue. These are thick and thristy diapers so no leaks wearing them. I can say I am not a big fan of the Forsite pull on's as they are a bit baggy around the leg openings but they are thirsty. This package arrived a day and a half after placing the order on line and were sent Canada Post. I missed the delivery by 5 minutes and saw the driver going off up the hill after leaving a card in the mail box for next day pick up at the Sub Post Office near me. Unfortunately the next day was Good Friday so everything was shut. I waited until the end of the day when I knew the driver makes his last stop at the Sub Station a gambled that he may drop my package off then. I was in luck as I told the Post Master I really needed the package and missed the guy by a few minutes so he looked in the back at the latest drop off and found my package there. I could not wait to race home and try things on for size. With an order over $100.00 shipping is free and pretty fast.
Did you happen to see the 25% off the Euromax diapers? I just saw this today, wondering if you've got any experience with them? I'd hate to buy a bunch for them to turn out bad. I am a fan of the cloth-backed stuff, the tapes are more forgiving and baby-like. I think they often work better.

Canadianfalls said:
Did you happen to see the 25% off the Euromax diapers? I just saw this today, wondering if you've got any experience with them? I'd hate to buy a bunch for them to turn out bad. I am a fan of the cloth-backed stuff, the tapes are more forgiving and baby-like. I think they often work better.
I got a card in my package for 10% off the Euro Max but I have not tried them yet. Tranquility ATN are my go to night diapers so far and I have a few but I have also complained to their Q.C. department about missing filling and bad tapes and also one or two not cut out correctly so they don't fit correctly. That is the reason I am looking for a good cost effective replacement. I recently got a bag of InControl diapers like the Rearz ones that are really thick and thirsty and these I found at the Salvation Army Thrift shop for $9.99 and got a seniors discount of 10% as well. These are very good plastic backed that I like but they are usually a bit costly. I am hooked on plastic (plastic pants since I was young) so I prefer plastic backing on my diapers.

Last edited:
Canadianfalls said:
Those are good for your case I suppose. Aren't you afraid of what happens in the case you don't make it? While Equate is cheap, there's nothing to say about their quality. Solid tapes, sure. Little to no absorbency though. I can't even trust those for a workout.
I have voided up to three times before changing and they handle it. If you're not a "heavy" wetter, they are adequate. Otherwise, change at your first opportunity. They are good enough for at least one void.

Thanks for this list! I have often ordered from Healhwick and Age Comfort but hadn't heard of all of these online sites yet.

Reactions: Canadianfalls and Angelapinks
I'm not Canadian, but I saw you asking about Tena, sooooo.... I use Tena Proskin for sleeping/ anything outside of my home (Proskin are on sale on Amazon rn for a 56c count @ $36 USD or .65/ diaper https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RWDVH19/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 ) and have also tried many brands myself looking for the right one(s). They are super thin, but hold 2 (almost) full voiding's before needing to be changed (everyone is different, results obviously vary) and while you will definitely find other diapers that can perform better, the price/ perf of tena is decent enough that I'd recommend them. Maybe start with a bag?

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and Canadianfalls
AshtonFreecss said:
I'm not Canadian, but I saw you asking about Tena, sooooo.... I use Tena Proskin for sleeping/ anything outside of my home (Proskin are on sale on Amazon rn for a 56c count @ $36 USD or .65/ diaper https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RWDVH19/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 ) and have also tried many brands myself looking for the right one(s). They are super thin, but hold 2 (almost) full voiding's before needing to be changed (everyone is different, results obviously vary) and while you will definitely find other diapers that can perform better, the price/ perf of tena is decent enough that I'd recommend them. Maybe start with a bag?
I've definitely been wanting to try their new options. Seems like the best I can find up here are the Supers in my size. Ultras too, but what's the use in taking less absorbency intentionally? What's scared me off are the stretch vs non-stretch designs. Are the stretch designs any good? A bag of either runs over $50 each, so I'd like opinions before buying.

Reactions: AshtonFreecss and Angelapinks
surprise35 said:
Thanks for this list! I have often ordered from Healhwick and Age Comfort but hadn't heard of all of these online sites yet.
I'm glad! Hope it helps. It's crazy how overpriced Healthwick ends up being when compared to these other places. I was shocked.

Reactions: Angelapinks
Canadianfalls said:
I've definitely been wanting to try their new options. Seems like the best I can find up here are the Supers in my size. Ultras too, but what's the use in taking less absorbency intentionally? What's scared me off are the stretch vs non-stretch designs. Are the stretch designs any good? A bag of either runs over $50 each, so I'd like opinions before buying.
I used to weigh 340 lbs and *loved* their super stretch briefs. I have since lost over 130 lbs, and am down to a medium in the proskin's (tabbed, obv). I honestly haven't looked to see if the stretch supers are made in a smaller size, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. They did pretty decent job of staying where they were supposed to, and iirc they held at least one full void with add't smaller wettings.

After checking amazon, they do have them in a M/R size, so I will be adding those to my shopping list to try.

Edit: Just kidding. M/R is 33"-52" and too big 😅

Last edited:
Anyone here actively use the Attends Premiers and/or Lille Supremefit small and/or the Fitright Restore diapers? Apparently healthwick has a max on lifetime samples, even if you aren't ordering the same samples again... super odd. These are all super cheap in bulk on some of the lesser known sites I posted above. Opinions are appreciated before I bite the bullet and just buy :)

I found (and ordered) this score today! https://www.amazon.ca/Medline-Perfo...ended-Overnight/dp/B071LNQP76?ref_=ast_sto_dp

If the reviews are true, between these, the Nateen Combi Maxis, Lille Supremfits and Attends Premiers, I'll have a more workable and more economical setup than my current BetterDry, Abena M4, Tranquility ATN/Smartcore and Prevail 360s setup.
Now I just need to try the Tena Supers, FitRight Restores and iD Slip Maxis to see what ends up being most efficient.

Reactions: Angelapinks and AshtonFreecss
The best price I've seen for TENA Super is at Walmart. Combine it with something else you want, and you get free shipping.

Update on Nateen, the sizing on the website is completely off, so I'd just avoid them altogether. They claim the waist size for small is "Small: 65 - 105 cm (26" - 42")". I'm slim and at a 34" waist, and can't fit in this. I can't imagine how they think someone at a 42" waist could fit. Unfortunate, really. I was very excited about these.

• Sad
Reactions: AshtonFreecss
Update on Nateen, their customer service is pretty good. Someone personally came and swapped only the UNOPENED packages to a size up. Barring the tapes occasionally popping and the backing weakening when tabs refastened, these are pretty good and thirsty diapers at a great price. They keep you feeling dry even when beyond saturated. Padding goes up high in the front and back, and the odor control is incredibly strong. While I can't do a whole lot with the one bag of smalls I originally ordered, it's nice they helped and the diapers are good. I'd recommend them, 8/10 for sure, all things considered. The small held up for me overnight despite being too small, which is an impressive feat considering I occasionally need to change a BetterDry half way through the night.

• Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks and AshtonFreecss
Back