Given the opportunity would you drift towards 24/7

I am 24/7 in diapers.
Not by choice.
Zero neurological control over my bladder and my bowel.

Reactions: Lethdale
slimjiminy said:
What a lot of non-IC young and mid-life folks forget that things can take a dramatic financial turn for the worse when you're retired or forced to retire for health reasons or lack of work. Many people save for retirement only to find that inflation/divorce has made their savings insufficient. When you can barely pay the rent, will you still buy those $4-5 each ABDL diapers?
I just wear these:
WALMART ASSURANCE
RITE AID
CVS
The only diaper brands I can afford.

Reactions: Lethdale
I've thought long and hard on this point in previous weeks. I have to say: I would not. Here are my main reasons:

First, I'm still physically active, and wearing while playing tennis, at the gym or just being outdoors in the hot summertime would be prohibitive.
Second, I'm wary of the eventual incontinence that 24/7 wearers often experience. I don't want to 'start dribbling' when I'm unaware of it.
Third, while my SO would happily remove my wet diaper and wipe me off before sex, I think a repeated experience would be off-putting to her.

I'm getting older - aren't we all! - and things change. If I have to give up sports or my SO at some point, I'd happily reconsider. I think wearing 24/7 would help me moderate my attitude and temper, and I know it would be a psychological boost. Right now, though, it creates too many complications.

Last edited:
I would never wish to be permanently wearing 24/7, but I have spent several weekends full time in nappies and one period of nearly eleven days 24/7 which was very enjoyable.

I would certainly like to have the opportunity to do something similar again if the opportunity presents itself someday.

I would not go 24/7, even with no stigma towards me wearing and limitless money, simply because I don't want to be contributing more trash to this Earth. I totally get for some people it is a need, either physical or emotional. However, emotionally, I think I feel just as good wearing no more than a few times a week as I would if I was wearing 24/7 and trowing a ton of diapers away, having that feeling of knowing I am using a ton of diapers I do not technically physically need. Diapers for me are a very strong emotional bond, but they are something tell myself I should not use too much, just like with a lot of disposable products.

No. I like to keep use infrequent to keep each time special, if I did it more often or even 24/7 I think it would get boring for me.

The other thing I would add: If I did go 24/7 at some point, I'd want to use cloth diapers almost exclusively. I honestly prefer them, but they're generally not as discreet as disposables can be. I just don't understand folks who go 24/7 without a medical need and buy disposables by the case; cloth is ecologically sound and the long-range costs are far less. My SO actually likes changing my cloth diapers, so that's a plus as well.

Last edited:
sbmccue said:
I just don't understand folks who go 24/7 without a medical need and buy disposables by the case; cloth is ecologically sound and the long-range costs are far less.
1704314995715.pngThere are several impediments for some:
  1. Large initial investment
  2. The need for home laundry facilities (does not work well when you live in an apartment)
  3. Not cost effective if you launder through machines you don't own
  4. The need to hang dry your daily diapers / long drying times (and add lack of discreetness for that)
If I owned my own place (we sold ours), I would use a wringer washer.

But there is also the cost of hydro/water/detergents to factor into the cost. I've seen it argued both ways, whether or not this is cost effective.

Reactions: sbmccue
I would never have the nerve to do so voluntarily. I would out of necessity, but I'm careful not to let myself reach that point.

I’m retired so I’m home all the time. Changing isn’t a big deal. Changing outside would be. I’m doing 24/7 now but next winter I just might do it overnight.

I certainly would. Financially it’s not so much of an issue, I would need about 5-6 diapers a day, one at about 1,20 €. That would sum up to about 7,- € / day, 210 € / month, 2.520 € / year. That would be affordable. My wife knows and accepts this part of my personality, even though she wants no part in it. I’ve slept in diapers for years, Even started to wet unconsciously.

But… Our older children are now well into puberty. I want to spend time with them, be a dad. Go hiking, fishing, biking. Sleep in mountain cabins, travel to Italy, France… All that does not go well with 24/7 and therefore these needs of mine are put on hold for the time being. Fortunately the nightly wetting was not permanent.

So, for now I wear only from time to time, and once they're out of the house and don’t need their dad so much any longer… we'll see what happens.

Reactions: NudistMD and Deleted member 39193
I'm diapered 24/7 and have a job outside of the house. I never poop my diaper I only pee in it. Then when I'm done with work, I just let it all out in the car a nice big mess. Then I change when I get home if it's a full wet messy diaper. I'm ABDL as well as incontinent on both ends.

Back