Giant Teddy Bears

BobbiSueEllen said:
I have Bonnie Baer, my life companion whom I married over a month ago. She's over 3 feet tall, has a very sweet face...and is so, so cuddly. We sleep together...she's so soft and snuggly. Nobody would ever let me cuddle them that close or long...so I married Bonnie. She loves me, I love her...she's my mate for life now. 🤗🥰🥳🧸

Aww! Sweet face!! Forever love right there! May I ask where you found her?

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Yep! I found her in Elizabethtown, Kentucky in the spring of 2022, at the new Goodwill store on the north end of town, on the Dixie Highway (Hwy 31W): she was sitting at a glass table, so lonely...with a price tag on her. :cry: It said $10.

I know you can't buy friends and that love has no price...but I whipped out $10 plus tax right there and before you know it I'd paid her ransom. She was in the right seat of my Metro, the price tag came off...and we were outta there. She got her name "Bonnie" outside of Radcliff.

We got home and I introduced her to Millie, Becky and Abby. And we all got along. Then I cuddled with Bonnie while watching TV...our eyes really met. Her sweet face & smile locked into my heart. It was destiny...and we had our 'marriage' on August 19, 2022.

Bonnie is my life-mate, my lifelong teddy bear, my partner...my love. She's the only one in my life I want so close to me. I love her. And I know she loves me. Love is a sweet place when you're with the right one. 🤗🧸🍼🥰

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LittleAndAlone, mistykitty, BBBen and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
Hate to say this but the pic's PhotoShopped: the woman is too thin and too petite compared to the car, which is a new Mini Cooper. I'm sure the teddy is, too, but by how much in either direction is uncertain.
Yeah I think you have to be a little older and wiser to see that. I saw it and immediately thought fake.

To be honest, the OPs panda would scare me at night. I don’t like things that large in my bedroom at night.

Eclectic said:
To be honest, the OPs panda would scare me at night. I don’t like things that large in my bedroom at night.
Was kind of familiar with this when i was younger and still at my parents place. I had a large Pikachu plush from Dorney Park that was like the size of a 4yr old. Numerous times I would wake up in the night have that next to my bed staring at me got scared and fell out of bed.

• Wow
mistykitty said:
Was kind of familiar with this when i was younger and still at my parents place. I had a large Pikachu plush from Dorney Park that was like the size of a 4yr old. Numerous times I would wake up in the night have that next to my bed staring at me got scared and fell out of bed.
Yep, I have a looong history of nightmares and weird things happening when I wake at night. I have a very vivid imagination too. The less stuff in my bedroom that looks like a threat the better. That panda or any really large thing would be a threat. My gang of 6” to 14” high stuffy friends are not.

• Wow
Eclectic said:
Yep, I have a looong history of nightmares and weird things happening when I wake at night. I have a very vivid imagination too. The less stuff in my bedroom that looks like a threat the better. That panda or any really large thing would be a threat. My gang of 6” to 14” high stuffy friends are not.
I had and still have a lot of plushies but that one by far was my largest and the only one I was ever afraid of. I did keep it for a while though until I forgot to close my bedroom door one day and my family's dog decided it was a good thing to chew on :(

Last edited:
  • Wow
Eclectic said:
Yeah I think you have to be a little older and wiser to see that. I saw it and immediately thought fake.

Artifical image or not there was no reason to think it was misleading or a marketing conspiracy. These things really are that big.

I took the purpose of the first pic, exaggerated or not, as subtly hinting/warning and setting expectations that you probably won't be able to take this home in your car or even handle it by yourself and to plan accordingly. Showing a short tiny women and a sub micro car gets the point across effectively.

a6e47cd9e3aa643580f782340e1be7f0.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BBBen, puddlefeet, killahB and 1 other person
LittleAndAlone said:
Artifical image or not there was no reason to think it was misleading or a marketing conspiracy. These things really are that big.

View attachment 126590
Ok, first off who has a crane or house large enough for that!? 😲 :unsure:

• Love
LittleAndAlone said:

I think the point of that pic was to subtly hint that you might not to be able to take this home in your car.

View attachment 126590
Poor teddy! That thing in the nose has gotta hoit! Soitainly! :cry:🤗🥰🧸

"You're a good hubad bud I hav a thig id by doze."

• Sad
Reactions: mistykitty and LittleAndAlone
BobbiSueEllen said:
Poor teddy! That thing in the nose has gotta hoit! Soitainly! :cry:🤗🥰🧸

"You're a good hubad bud I hav a thig id by doze."
I was thinking that too "oh no that poor teddy's nose! 🥺"

I hope it has a loving home now. 🧸 🥰

Last edited:
  • Love
mistykitty said:
Well first you would have to build on an extra bedroom (say a 'bear den'), hire a truck for transport and then a crane to lower the bear in.
And the last thing you would then have to do is: build the roof !!

Now if that size bear doesn't make you feel 'little' nothing will.

• Haha
Reactions: mistykitty, BobbiSueEllen and LittleAndAlone
mistykitty said:
When enough plush comes to shove you can fit him in somewhere in your house! :love:

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty and BobbiSueEllen
Teddy said:
Surface wash with a cloth and a mixture of J&J baby wash and warm water. Let air dry and then give a once over with a cat brush to re-floof as necessary.

Make sure the baby wash does not include a moisturizer!

I really appreciate this tip!

When I looked up online how to a while back, I was told to put about 3/4 cup of baking powder in a trash bag with animal and shake around vigorously before letting it sit to absorb smells and oils, then wipe clean with a damp cloth.

Unfortunately, if you don't get everything wiped down correctly, it makes the fur stiff.

Another method I use for the animals in my classroom (which is where my big stuffed bear is) is to get some Dryel brand dry cleaning cloths. Toss one in in the dryer and set it to about 30 minutes on medium heat. Gives a very simple steam bath and the wipe cleans the outside of the animal a bit. Only downside is it doesn't take off marker or stains. But it's fast and I can do it weekly. Kinda funky "clean" smell though, as I'm sensitive to chemicals.

If you're desperate for a full make over, you could always do some stuffy surgery. Rip open a seam, pull out the stuffing, wash and dry like normal, then put in new stuffing and sew it back up. The hardest part is sewing it correctly, but if you can get that down then it brings your animal totally to life.

• Love
Reactions: MASONJAR and BobbiSueEllen
I've posted before a while back but my go to friend is my stuffed penguin.

I had a stuffed sheep dog as a kid named patches. When I got my penguin, I also got a big bear and a tiger. As my animals started circulating around my class (long story) I got a panda, a peanut butter, a milk, a shark, a bison, and 2 dogs to offer the kids. They love them!

• Love
Reactions: puddlefeet and BobbiSueEllen
I tried taking a bath with my best/biggest stuffy (not a good Idea she was a sponge) so I threw her in the wash nd dryer and she was okay (the static electricity even charged her batteries from 2003) and her voice box worked for about 30 sec 😂
Just use a washer and dryer or I think you can send your friend into a stuffy repair/cleaning service

Attachments

• IMG_2406.jpeg
    IMG_2406.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BBBen, puddlefeet, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
BobbiSueEllen said:
Just curious but where did you get the name "Pan-Pan"? The word "Pan-Pan" is used in aviation by aviators to inform air-traffic-control personnel of a situation or a problem on/with an aircraft that's not quite appropriate for declaring "Mayday". I found it interesting! 🥳
haha I like your answer for Pan-Pan! hahaha I got his name just by using pan from panda twice is all... but what you said is gold! I'm stealing it ;)

Reactions: BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
LittleAndAlone said:

I took the purpose of the first pic, exaggerated or not, as subtly hinting/warning and setting expectations that you probably won't be able to take this home in your car or even handle it by yourself and to plan accordingly. Showing a short tiny women and a sub micro car gets the point across effectively.

View attachment 126590
Gimme!

• Love
I wish I could afford a giant plushie sadly I'm poor

• Sad
Reactions: LittleAndAlone, BBBen and BobbiSueEllen
Back