Gender Specific Colours Pink or Blue ?

michaelmc

Little Girl trapped in a mans body ... let's play!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
To understand the concept , we must go back in time before colours where associated with gender , but as strange as it seems to us Pink was for boys and blue for the girls . As revealed by Jo B Paolitti , a professor at Maryland University and author of Pink and blue: telling the boys from the girls in America , back in the old days society was a lot more progressive then it is today with neutral clothing being the norm. All children wore white , both boys and girls would wear dresses at this time , white was chosen due to the fact it was easier to keep clean by bleaching , children only wore colours when they reached about 6 or 7 it wasn't until the 19th century that things changed using pastille colours of pink and blue linked to one gender or the other but not as you would expect. In fact blue was for girls and pink for the boys . Evans revealed that back in the 19th century it was common for mother's to be told that boys should be dressed in masculine colours like pink in order to grow up into a more manly indervidual later in life , while girls should be dressed in a more feminine colour like blue. It was in the wake of WW2 , the script was flipped , after the war times was hard and hand me downs the norm and a shortage of materials caused the fashion tables to turn a marketing chaged everything for the gender specific colours which still holds today .

• Thinking
Reactions: KBoy, mistykitty, Memoryfoam and 5 others
I love the mixed pastel pink-and-blue lolita/brolita "thing" with the androgenous looks and the inclusion of diapers. I want to be a diapered Sweet Brolita when I grow up 🥰

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, iPeedLV, BabyprinceS and 1 other person
Lolita how naughty but sweet! 🥰 ❤️ :love:

Reactions: daisycupcake and PaigeCherubiel
michaelmc said:
To understand the concept , we must go back in time before colours where associated with gender , but as strange as it seems to us Pink was for boys and blue for the girls . As revealed by Jo B Paolitti , a professor at Maryland University and author of Pink and blue: telling the boys from the girls in America , back in the old days society was a lot more progressive then it is today with neutral clothing being the norm. All children wore white , both boys and girls would wear dresses at this time , white was chosen due to the fact it was easier to keep clean by bleaching , children only wore colours when they reached about 6 or 7 it wasn't until the 19th century that things changed using pastille colours of pink and blue linked to one gender or the other but not as you would expect. In fact blue was for girls and pink for the boys . Evans revealed that back in the 19th century it was common for mother's to be told that boys should be dressed in masculine colours like pink in order to grow up into a more manly indervidual later in life , while girls should be dressed in a more feminine colour like blue. It was in the wake of WW2 , the script was flipped , after the war times was hard and hand me downs the norm and a shortage of materials caused the fashion tables to turn a marketing chaged everything for the gender specific colours which still holds today .
Never knew that, I’ll have to look into it.

I’m not sure it holds true in Britain persay but it’s worth investigating.

I do know we have a good record of history around school uniforms which may reveal something.

More recent times beyond school specific uniforms it’s very generic and at younger ages tends to be very much gingham of a certain colour for girls.

Thanks again.

Jenny ❤️ x

• Love
Reactions: KBoy and michaelmc
In much of the world colours aren’t gendered, I have worked caring for infants in parts of Africa and Asia and baby boys were dressed in pink/ flowers/ frills etc just as much as baby girls.

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, mistykitty, Ali123 and 2 others
sissygirlpink said:

I do know we have a good record of history around school uniforms which may reveal something.

More recent times beyond school specific uniforms it’s very generic and at younger ages tends to be very much gingham of a certain colour for girls.

Thanks again.

Jenny ❤️ x
The facts are true and easy checked bound to be on wikipedia 🥰

• Thinking
Reactions: SalemRose
It's not really a case of attitudes in the past having been more progressive, they weren't.

Children were simply valued differently, and less, in the past.

Our consumer market - which will now sell you a problem for every conceivable solution - was also much less developed.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
this is very true! pink is literally a random thing our brain perceives because of 3 little cones in our eyes! other animals don't even perceive as many (or perceive more) colors as us!

it is strange human behavior that associates and stereotypes things into groups. gotta love the research you put in, too ❤️

• Love
Reactions: mistykitty and michaelmc
ShyKary said:
this is very true! pink is literally a random thing our brain perceives because of 3 little cones in our eyes! other animals don't even perceive as many (or perceive more) colors as us!

it is strange human behavior that associates and stereotypes things into groups. gotta love the research you put in, too ❤️
If I'm remembering correctly what we perceive as magenta doesn't even correspond to a wavelength of light, rather it's how our brain fills in the blank when green is absent.

Reactions: michaelmc
My girl side loves pink, even purple. The public façade of me loves lime-green...and when I found out that's a key color in non-gender identification, of which I am, I was so happy! I wanna thank Kawasaki and their 1990s "Team Green" campaign for lighting that fuse. Kawabunga!!! 🤭🥰

• Haha
Reactions: KBoy, babybenji, ShyBoo81 and 2 others
the answer is very simple stop assigning bs genderd shit !

Reactions: mistykitty and Abnalover
emberkitten said:
Blame mothers for driving it...a market only caters to demand. And mothers, as usual, tend to define their kids' worlds more than the kids get to define themselves and their own worlds. Helicopter Parenting...is it any wonder there's teen rebellion?

Oddly enough, there was a Cathy comic where Andrea's baby Zenith (named after a TV?) was dressed in neutral colors; Cathy asked why, Andrea gets all hoity-toity explaining how she and Luke (more likely, she) didn't want their daughter stereotyped and categorized...a new person then happens onto the scene, complimenting Andrea on the "boy", whereas Andrea about comes fully unglued, declaring "She's a girl! She's a happy, confident, beautiful girl!!!" So we have an awkward scene of an assumer and a concealer.

Mothers may have the babies but they sure get more self-celebrating and self-monumentalizing with every new generation. Seems babies don't have a chance.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: KBoy, michaelmc, emberkitten and 1 other person
My little side loves pink and purple. My adult side more likes royal blue.

Reactions: babybenji, mistykitty, michaelmc and 1 other person
emberkitten said:
Very true!

Reactions: mistykitty, michaelmc and emberkitten
BobbiSueEllen said:
Blame mothers for driving it...a market only caters to demand. And mothers, as usual, tend to define their kids' worlds more than the kids get to define themselves and their own worlds. Helicopter Parenting...is it any wonder there's teen rebellion?

Oddly enough, there was a Cathy comic where Andrea's baby Zenith (named after a TV?) was dressed in neutral colors; Cathy asked why, Andrea gets all hoity-toity explaining how she and Luke (more likely, she) didn't want their daughter stereotyped and categorized...a new person then happens onto the scene, complimenting Andrea on the "boy", whereas Andrea about comes fully unglued, declaring "She's a girl! She's a happy, confident, beautiful girl!!!" So we have an awkward scene of an assumer and a concealer.

Mothers may have the babies but they sure get more self-celebrating and self-monumentalizing with every new generation. Seems babies don't have a chance.
its also an issue with capitalizing on those mothers pink tax as well as boys and girls isles

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Reactions: KBoy, KittyninjaW and BobbiSueEllen
Pink tax? That's a new one...woddat mean?

The one thing I'vd noticed about babies is, aside from genitalia, their bodies are quite identical. Baby clothes that are not gender-assigned are wonderfully universal. Pants, overalls, shortalls, onesies, etc...what a wonderful part of the Baby World! 🥳

And it's budget-friendly, too, especially as far as hand-me-downs go! 🥳🥳

Reactions: KBoy, babybenji, Seasonedcitizen and 2 others
sissygirlpink said:

Thanks again.

Jenny ❤️ x
You’re right about school uniforms being prevalent in the UK, Jenny, but aren’t they always the same colour for boys and girls at the same school?

My sister and I went to the same junior school, and both our uniforms were bottle green (which is why my uniforms are green today!).

I’ve seen navy blue school uniforms, but I’ve never seen a pink school uniform.

• Love
Reactions: babybenji, BobbiSueEllen and sissygirlpink
Ali123 said:
You’re right about school uniforms being prevalent in the UK, Jenny, but aren’t they always the same colour for boys and girls at the same school?

My sister and I went to the same junior school, and both our uniforms were bottle green (which is why my uniforms are green today!).

I’ve seen navy blue school uniforms, but I’ve never seen a pink school uniform.
I think my original message lacked the clarity I intended. 🤔

Yes, junior and secondary uniform colours were the same and continue to be the same for both boys and girls.

Whereas for younger ages, girls dress colour varied by school in a gingham. i.e. yellow, pink, red, blue, green etc.

Jenny ❤️ x

• Love
Reactions: Ali123 and michaelmc
emberkitten said:
your icon is hecken cute btw
Thanks, it's from Deviantart.

Back