• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Gday from Sydney

drynitesxl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Like many here, it all started with bedwetting as a child which was very frequent… basically every night until 20 and now less frequent (1-2 per week)

From age 4-9 my parents thought it best for me to have a plastic cover on the bed and sleep on top of a towel because nappies were expensive and babyish…Towel and PJs got washed every day but my room stuck if urine. But I was put in those 1990s Disney Pull-ups now and then (super cute) for sleepovers, camping, long car trips and flights if there was a chance I’d fall asleep or if I was sick. That’s where my DL side started.

Oddly there was a time when I’d go to my mates for a sleepover quite regularly but mum wouldn’t be organised enough to have pull-ups ready to go and we lived an hour out of town… so I’d wet their bed. How their mother put up with that? Must’ve stunk.

Countless trips to the DR for checks, tried nasal sprays etc but it didn’t make much difference, Wonder if ADHD had anything to do with it… overactive bladder which occasionally caused daytime accidents. Comes and goes but when it hits, I have to wear some protection…

From 10 til 15 thankfully mum agreed to Drynites… And then small adult pants.. Weird thing having to practically beg but it was more for convenience than DL.

16 onwards I was sent to boarding school as per family tradition. Very daunting having to share a dorm with 30 other kids… Begged my parents not to go but alas… Nurses knew and helped with supply and would hide the nappy packages in my locker for me while everyone was in class… I’d sneak them on after lights out and wake up early to go to the gym most morning’s and could dispose discreetly. Nurses told me I want the only one… School of 1000 boys 13+… Couple of close calls including a few locker theft inspections where I somehow managed to hide my nappies in time or distracted my neighbour after we briefly looked in each others lockers for the stolen items… what a joke .. no such thing as privacy and the dorm master knew what would happen to me if word got out.

Managed to get through without anyone other than my two best mates finding out, or so I think. I was just bullied for other stuff…

Anyway, I'm lucky enough to live with my partner and wear a nappy M3 pants or northsore gosupreme plus Conni Kelvin’s to bed every night which does the job. Only a few leaks. Can’t do briefs as I’ve got too much of a gut and can’t get the right fit, Molicare pants have gone down hill in quality recently…

Anyway, thanks for coming to my teddy talk

Reactions: ILuvDiapers and Sealander
Hi there, welcome to ADISC!

“Teddy talk”—love that 🤣🧸

Welcome and enjoy

drynitesxl said:

Like many here, it all started with bedwetting as a child which was very frequent… basically every night until 20 and now less frequent (1-2 per week)

From age 4-9 my parents thought it best for me to have a plastic cover on the bed and sleep on top of a towel because nappies were expensive and babyish…Towel and PJs got washed every day but my room stuck if urine. But I was put in those 1990s Disney Pull-ups now and then (super cute) for sleepovers, camping, long car trips and flights if there was a chance I’d fall asleep or if I was sick. That’s where my DL side started.

Oddly there was a time when I’d go to my mates for a sleepover quite regularly but mum wouldn’t be organised enough to have pull-ups ready to go and we lived an hour out of town… so I’d wet their bed. How their mother put up with that? Must’ve stunk.

Countless trips to the DR for checks, tried nasal sprays etc but it didn’t make much difference, Wonder if ADHD had anything to do with it… overactive bladder which occasionally caused daytime accidents. Comes and goes but when it hits, I have to wear some protection…

From 10 til 15 thankfully mum agreed to Drynites… And then small adult pants.. Weird thing having to practically beg but it was more for convenience than DL.

16 onwards I was sent to boarding school as per family tradition. Very daunting having to share a dorm with 30 other kids… Begged my parents not to go but alas… Nurses knew and helped with supply and would hide the nappy packages in my locker for me while everyone was in class… I’d sneak them on after lights out and wake up early to go to the gym most morning’s and could dispose discreetly. Nurses told me I want the only one… School of 1000 boys 13+… Couple of close calls including a few locker theft inspections where I somehow managed to hide my nappies in time or distracted my neighbour after we briefly looked in each others lockers for the stolen items… what a joke .. no such thing as privacy and the dorm master knew what would happen to me if word got out.

Managed to get through without anyone other than my two best mates finding out, or so I think. I was just bullied for other stuff…

Anyway, I'm lucky enough to live with my partner and wear a nappy M3 pants or northsore gosupreme plus Conni Kelvin’s to bed every night which does the job. Only a few leaks. Can’t do briefs as I’ve got too much of a gut and can’t get the right fit, Molicare pants have gone down hill in quality recently…

Hi, and welcome to the forums and the community. Great introduction, it is possible ADHD played a part in your bed wetting years. It can be very difficult going through school with incontinence, but i think you managed the situation well.

I'm glad you have decided to no longer be a lurker and decided to join ADISC as a contributing member. We are all here to support each other, and i hope you enjoy yourself here and make new friends also. Have Fun (y) :giggle:

Welcome to ADISC drynitesxl from Newcastle NSW.
Great that you got through boarding school without being discovered !!
I liked your 'teddy talk' introduction.
Teddy bears (I never sleep without the ones my wife {RIP} gave me), always make the best listeners, never talk back or criticize and never break confidences.
Have fun.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: drynitesxl and Samantha
Hello and welcome. Love the "teddy talk"🤣❤️

Reactions: drynitesxl and Happy2BeInNappies2
drynitesxl said:

Hello and welcome here

Welcome from Perth Western Australia

Welcome, welcome, fellow Aussie.

There are a lot of options out there for us Aussies seeking better nappies than the store/medical (Abena and Molicare) nappies available. If you haven't already done so, have a look through the Littles Downunder website. They do have XL-sized nappies, and larger sized clothing. As supply of plastic pants seems to be quite limited over here, I've had to resort to ordering cloth nappies and larger sized PP's from overseas. Shipping isn't cheap though.

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
Back