Frozen diapers

mikedp7815

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I keep my Diapers in a storage unit. Well it is cold out. 12 degrees below zero. Does this harm diapers . They won't be needed until it warms up.
Only place to keep stash

Last edited:
It shouldn’t, being that they’re dry. They might be a little chilly getting them out of there, but I wouldn’t worry about the weather affecting their functionality.

I keep my back pack in my trunk and have never had an issue but the diapers do get really cold in the winter and changing into a cold diaper usually means the diaper does not stay dry long after pu it on 😕 my biggest pet peve of wear24/7 is being wet again in less then 10 minutes after changing into a dry diape. Oh well its better then wet pants.

Reactions: ScriptedGamer
Cold should affect them in any way.

If they are just sitting there I doubt it will harm them, although if a diaper is handled and flexed when very cold, I suspect the plastic might be more brittle and prone to damage or pinholing. Also, I wonder whether it has any long-term effect on the tape adhesive?

I keep a case of diapers in my car, and winter usually doesn't effect them there. Saves the hassle of packing a diaper bag everyday, or forgetting. Only difference I noticed is that my butt feels frozen for a few minutes.

I have heard that cold temperatures can effect the consistency of the diaper's plastic shell i.e. making it more brittle and prone to pinhole leaks or splits. Keep in mind this knowledge is based on hearsay, not any personal experience, so I'd assume the instances of this happening are pretty rare.

You said that they are in a storage locker, then they'll likely be fine. Even though the temperature outside is cold, everything on the inside should be slightly warmer. I know storage units don't have heating, but having your diapers nestled among other items and underneath some form of shelter will mitigate the effects of the cold and general coldness somewhat. As long as your diapers aren't braving the elements i.e. buried under snow or frozen in ice, I doubt the cold temperatures are going to have any long-lasting effects :)

As an aside, changing into a cold diaper doesn't sound fun at all :cry:

Last edited:
I find that you complicated your life for not much (I know I say that often, must say that you often complicated the life xD) seriously you have not found a way to them to use without hiding them?

Rob110 said:
I keep my back pack in my trunk and have never had an issue but the diapers do get really cold in the winter and changing into a cold diaper usually means the diaper does not stay dry long after pu it on 😕

Why does a cold diaper not stay dry long after being put on?

Put a bottle of water in there and see if it freezes.

ScriptedGamer said:
Why does a cold diaper not stay dry long after being put on?

A cold breeze or a cold diaper will cause my bladder to release with out warning most people thst deal with bladder issues probably experience the same reaction to a sudden drop in temp.

I have had diapers in my garage for several years and they have gone through many freeze / thaw cycles and the tapes still work as good as new.

Back