for those partially incontinent/ with some control left

if you do feel a need to go and can make it to the bathroom do you?

• Total voters

grizzyC

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
hey so i am somewhat incontinent having frequent ish accidents, if i ever feel the need to go even if i can make it to a bathroom i usually decide to just go in my diaper insted of going to the bathroom if i only have to pee if i have to poo i usually do try to make it to the bathroom. so my question is if this is common or not

Reactions: Diprs2
I have limited urinary IC and during the day try to make it to the bathroom if I have the time to get there sometimes successfully and sometime not. Nighttime is a different story.

Reactions: Diprs2, bdale and Angelapinks
I always try to use the toilet if possible.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Angelapinks
mikesecret said:
I have limited urinary IC and during the day try to make it to the bathroom if I have the time to get there sometimes successfully and sometime not. Nighttime is a different story.
Yes that is my problem, I flood a diaper at night without even feeling the need but during the day I can make it in time if I feel I am going to pee. Sometimes I don't make it for that if too far away from any facilities.

Reactions: Diprs2, EcoIncon and (deleted member)
I have to admit most of the time I just use my nappy.

24/7 since 2 weeks. And it is a relief :)

If I know for sure that I can reach the toilet in time I will, but if I am out in the garden or shed then I know there is no way I am going to get there in time.
I hate getting the fire hose out whilst it is starting to go as I always end up with a wet Nappy (on the outside) and a toilet and floor/walls that need cleaning 😠

Reactions: Diprs2, slimjiminy and Angelapinks
I understand. If you don't like your diapers, you still can see them like an old couple : OK you got married with this old woman you don't like anymore but you have to do with it.

I hope it helps, if not I am sorry, I am not the funniest man ever. I try to do my best 😇

Yes I try to and am successful most of the time. Leaking and urge incontinence/OAB are my issues. I do notice that I’m coming close to not making it a lot of the time though. Incontinence seems to be slow and steady for me, slightly worsening day by day.

grizzyC said:
if i ever feel the need to go even if i can make it to a bathroom[.] i usually decide to just go in my diaper instead of going to the bathroom if i only have to pee[.] if i have to poo i usually do try to make it to the bathroom. so my question is if this is common or not
Wearing my daily pull-up, I make reasonable attempts to use the toilet. But...
Napincolove said:
but if I am out in the garden or shed then I know there is no way I am going to get there in time.
then I shrug and let myself go, and pay the piper later (change). There is no point in breaking bones or stepping on cats to "make it". I'll just chalk it up to an accident. So in general, I do use the toilet, and especially for bowel movements.

I wet the bed and I also like wearing diapers. If I am awake and need to pee and have a bathroom available I generally use the bathroom. The only time I chose to use my diaper is when I am in a plastic backed diaper that has limited remastering opportunities.

friendlyArm said:
24/7 since 2 weeks. And it is a relief :)
I'm just jealous that if you ever tire of it, you'll be able to take the diapers off for a day or even a couple of hours.

EcoIncon said:
I'm just jealous that if you ever tire of it, you'll be able to take the diapers off for a day or even a couple of hours.
There are allways ups and downs, sometimes I don't enjoy it. But I know that deep inside me I really wish to totally abandon control, so there are times I change my diapers just because I disciplined myself. And a few hours after, I don't regret it, this little comfy feeling is back.

On the lucky side, I am still able to contain #2 if I feel some urge at the office, and if it really goes wrong one day, I am still able to do it to the toilets (but it would be some sort of a disappointment).

What I have learned now is that real IC must be a very heavy burden in day-to-day life, I feel a lot of empathy for those who don't have a choice. Sometimes I consider myself a bit like an impostor, but on the other side my "diapers for the rest of my life" decision is not an easy one. There is some heavy psychological background that led me to this point. My burden is psychological, not physical, and it allways feels good to see that around me there are some people who are well in their heads. There is hope after all !

There are many reasons why someone would finish into diapers. These are a godsend. I hope that in the end, permanent users all finish to get used to them, and appreciate the security they give.

Big hughs to all !

Reactions: Diprs2 and EcoIncon
I always try to use the toilet if possible.

@grizzyc I appreciate you trying to get a sense of how others approach their incontinence, but the poll does not address the nuance that a person may deal with on a daily basis. My quick answer would be "yes (both)", but if I'm having a bad day with bladder spasms, running to the toilet every 10-15 minutes is ridiculous, so I use a toilet according to my Voiding Schedule and use a diaper between scheduled voids. That then puts me somewhere between "yes (both)" and "yes (poo)". But that still doesn't begin to cover the nuances I deal with, and I think many others are caught somewhere between the binary responses.

One other thing, which I understand is me being ridiculous, is that as the poll does not allow multiple selections, there should have only been four selections to avoid confusion:

Yes (both)
Yes (pee only)
Yes (poo only)
No

I checked yes for both. However, I try a lot harder to avoid pooping in my diaper than wetting it. If not bathroom is handy, I sometimes wet my diaper deliberately rather than hunting down a bathroom. And if I can't find a bathroom before too long, I wet my diaper unavoidably.

Last edited:
CheshireCat said:
@grizzyc I appreciate you trying to get a sense of how others approach their incontinence, but the poll does not address the nuance that a person may deal with on a daily basis. My quick answer would be "yes (both)", but if I'm having a bad day with bladder spasms, running to the toilet every 10-15 minutes is ridiculous, so I use a toilet according to my Voiding Schedule and use a diaper between scheduled voids. That then puts me somewhere between "yes (both)" and "yes (poo)". But that still doesn't begin to cover the nuances I deal with, and I think many others are caught somewhere between the binary responses.

One other thing, which I understand is me being ridiculous, is that as the poll does not allow multiple selections, there should have only been four selections to avoid confusion:

Yes (both)
Yes (pee only)
Yes (poo only)
No
THX, this is my first poll and i don't really know how to format them properly, i wanted to know how other people dealt with their incontinence, next time i make a poll ill try to keep your advice in mind!

Due to chronic illness, my bladder control fluctuates, like most of my body's functions.
I try and use a toilet when possible, but it's not always possible, due to a mixture of nerve damage and physical disability.
My bowel control is good most of the time but I do have some accidents now and then.
All of this means that I need to wear some kind of diaper 24/7. Usually they can be discreet but if I'm away from toilet for longer I tend to wear thicker ones.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

I've had urge IC my entire life. The general trend has been a decrease in control since I was a teenager. For over 18 years, I've rarely bothered trying to pee in a toilet. My bladder spasms happen instantly and much too quickly to do anything about it. For bms, I can sometimes make it to a toilet and sometimes not. It's about 50/50. TBH, I am much less stressed if I just let everything happen in my diaper and change as needed.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jamestown and Angelapinks
CheshireCat said:

Yes (both)
Yes (pee only)
Yes (poo only)
No
I totally relate to the frequent urges and just using the diaper. Running to the bathroom every 15-30 minutes when it strikes is not practical but a diaper is.

Reactions: Diprs2, Jamestown and RonDL
Back