(for movie collectors only) What was the last movie(s) you got?

Angelapinks said:
My first drive-in B movie was Steve McQueens first film The Blob in 1958 and it scared the crap out of me. I was about 9 or 10 at the time and as the film involved teens at a drive-in movie when the meteor landed I kept looking over my shoulder for any signs of the Blob coming our way.
The 1958 movie "The Blob" was actually a fairly good movie as I recall. I think John Carpenter did the remake of it which is also quite good though I didn't like seeing a little kid get eaten by the blob. There was also a cool song that came out somewhere around 1958 called "The Blob". I can't remember if it accompanied the old movie.

Reactions: Angelapinks
dogboy said:
The 1958 movie "The Blob" was actually a fairly good movie as I recall. I think John Carpenter did the remake of it which is also quite good though I didn't like seeing a little kid get eaten by the blob. There was also a cool song that came out somewhere around 1958 called "The Blob". I can't remember if it accompanied the old movie.
Not to sound as rude, but John Carpenter didn't do the remake. That was actually Chuck Russell, who along with The Blob remake, did Nightmare on Elm Street 3, The Mask, Eraser (with Arnold Schwarzenegger), and The Scorpion King. He also did an episode of Fringe in 2010.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogboy and Angelapinks

Got a copy of My Girl on VHS today

Got a copy of Papillon today

I watched the very first Frankenstein movie last night (1931) from a DVD set I recently purchased. Apparently, "It's Alive!"

dogboy said:
I watched the very first Frankenstein movie last night (1931) from a DVD set I recently purchased. Apparently, "It's Alive!"
I remember that one from a long time ago, who were the stars in it? I think I have it on VHS.

Last edited:
I have over 500 VHS's, over 1300 DVDs and about 230 Blu-rays. The newest Blu-rays are Mr Nobody and Call of the Wild..
Also I have Amazon Prime, Discovery+, Disney+ and Netflix on the Xbox.

My Latest Purchase has to be Liar Liar and Luca on DVD. To be honest, I have a lot of DVD's I intend on seeing but never do. I also would like to collect more retro and obscure formats but my brother and potentially the cost stops me from doing so.

Last edited:
I got Breaking Bad Season 1 on Blu Ray. It comes with commentary tracks of every episode and I love that shit

Angelapinks said:
I remember that one from a long time ago, who were the stars in it? I think I have it on VHS.
The biggest star was Boris Karloff as the monster. Colin Clive was Dr. Frankenstein. All the other actors I don't remember as being famous but maybe they were to their audiences in 1931.

Carriers 2009

Just got copies of Diggstown, Hoosiers and Drumline today.
Hoosiers is the Family Home Entertainment copy

Just got a copy of Remember the titans today

Ever since Google Play came out I stopped buying movies. A family member recently bought a DVD player as a christmas present because the type of movies I like I don't think you can find on blu-ray. I was trying to buy Adventures of the American Rabbit but I couldn't find it by itself on Amazon so I bought it with a grouping of other movies.
Adventures of the American Rabbit
The Secret of NIMH 1&2
All Dogs go to Heaven 1&2
Another MGM movie I've never heard or seen before and probably never will

Finally I noticed the government must have released the ban on Song of the South so I got that too.

Back