Foley catheter and Diapers - Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pampers4Ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
[ Moderator note: catheter insertion without proper sterilization + proper medical guidance by a licensed professional, can be VERY dangerous and even * life threatening * if an infection gets into the bladder. ] ~KitsuneFox

Okay, I know this has be talked about in great detail over the years and I've been a person on the side of caution when heading in this direction. I found an article talking about draining an indwelling catheter into a diaper. It's common practice in younger patients to do so. Doctors choose this method to keep the patient from messing with their foley indwelling catheter, and it's much easier to keep up with diapers and than bags.The article did talk about a double diapering system where you wear a diaper and poke the catheter out through the leg opening and into the center of a second diaper. The second diaper is normally a size up from the first diaper so that it fits properly. This is used to separate the diaper catching stool from the diaper catching urine.

So this had me thinking and I decided to go through with it. After ordering a foley, insertion tray, bed bag, and foley plug. I went through with it. It was a week long experiment over spring break and the results were incredible. I also ordered a case of Northshore Mega Max diapers to make sure I had enough. Staying with a completely sterile environment, using the cath insert tray, I inserted the catheter, filled the ballon with 30cc of sterile water and the catheter was in. To know that was in my bladder, I started seeing urine pouring from the end of the catheter into the bed bag. Once the catheter emptied my bladder, it was diaper time.

Laying on my back, I diapered myself with a medium Mega Max with the tubing of the bed bag exiting the right leg opening of the diaper. Moment of truth, I removed the beg bag from the end of the catheter and position the end of the catheter into the center of the diaper making sure it was not kinked in any way. The catheter continuously drained into the diaper rendering me 100% IC. I never had a problem with it draining and ended up changing about 6 times a day just to make sure I didn't leak. Those Mega Maxes can hold a lot and swell as they are soaking up the wetness.

Shower time, I used the pug to keep from contaminating the catheter and it kept me from peeing on the floor. Once I was diapered again, just remove the plug and position the catheter. I never once had the urge to use the bathroom in a week. It was an odd feeling. Just going about my business and I could tell that the catheter was doing its job. The diaper would continue to swell as the urine slowly released.

Yesterday I did remove the catheter and I was back to normal. It didn't hurt at all when inserting and removing the catheter. It was a huge success and can't wait to do it again. If you do try this, caution is paramount and have plenty of diapers on hand depending on the amount of time you have to try this. Results my very and it's very important that you stay clean and hydrated. Also, do not (this is very important) soil your diaper when trying this. It's almost a guaranty that you will end up with a UTI of e-coli.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thinking
Reactions: Pino, radeberger222, BabyLouise and 3 others
This sort of thing would make me very cautious and it's not something I'd want to do unless absolutely necessary but I think if I had to have a indwelling foley catheter it's something I'd probably do because I'd be worried about disturbing it and causing any injuries but the double diapering you said is in the article makes sense from a infection control point of view too

I want to try this, I have the catheters, lube, tray and bags. I did it 2 years ago but just used the bags not in a diaper.

Reactions: Pampers4Ever
This sounds awesome and terrifying at the same time to me. lol.

Pampers4Ever said:
Okay, I know this has be talked about in great detail over the years and I've been a person on the side of caution when heading in this direction. I found an article talking about draining an indwelling catheter into a diaper. It's common practice in younger patients to do so. Doctors choose this method to keep the patient from messing with their foley indwelling catheter, and it's much easier to keep up with diapers and than bags.The article did talk about a double diapering system where you wear a diaper and poke the catheter out through the leg opening and into the center of a second diaper. The second diaper is normally a size up from the first diaper so that it fits properly. This is used to separate the diaper catching stool from the diaper catching urine.

So this had me thinking and I decided to go through with it. After ordering a foley, insertion tray, bed bag, and foley plug. I went through with it. It was a week long experiment over spring break and the results were incredible. I also ordered a case of Northshore Mega Max diapers to make sure I had enough. Staying with a completely sterile environment, using the cath insert tray, I inserted the catheter, filled the ballon with 30cc of sterile water and the catheter was in. To know that was in my bladder, I started seeing urine pouring from the end of the catheter into the bed bag. Once the catheter emptied my bladder, it was diaper time.

Laying on my back, I diapered myself with a medium Mega Max with the tubing of the bed bag exiting the right leg opening of the diaper. Moment of truth, I removed the beg bag from the end of the catheter and position the end of the catheter into the center of the diaper making sure it was not kinked in any way. The catheter continuously drained into the diaper rendering me 100% IC. I never had a problem with it draining and ended up changing about 6 times a day just to make sure I didn't leak. Those Mega Maxes can hold a lot and swell as they are soaking up the wetness.

Shower time, I used the pug to keep from contaminating the catheter and it kept me from peeing on the floor. Once I was diapered again, just remove the plug and position the catheter. I never once had the urge to use the bathroom in a week. It was an odd feeling. Just going about my business and I could tell that the catheter was doing its job. The diaper would continue to swell as the urine slowly released.

Yesterday I did remove the catheter and I was back to normal. It didn't hurt at all when inserting and removing the catheter. It was a huge success and can't wait to do it again. If you do try this, caution is paramount and have plenty of diapers on hand depending on the amount of time you have to try this. Results my very and it's very important that you stay clean and hydrated. Also, do not (this is very important) soil your diaper when trying this. It's almost a guaranty that you will end up with a UTI of e-coli.
I've done this in the past for short periods of time. I mean I'm incontinent now, more so on a night but I wear 24/7 and can confirm it feels awesome when you bladder just drains completely on its own. Had some problems with bladder spasms but it all just went in my nappy anyway so wasn't really a major issue. Insertion was straightforward as we removal. Definately a kink of mine too.

I used a Foley catheter twice in the past. I developed a UTI following the second attempt. I came clean to the doctor and they said having the end sitting in a wet diaper is probably what caused the UTI. They also asked how sterile I was for insertion and I explained the process. It was very sterile. So who really knows.

I got a good lecture from the doctor, but there was no judging or anything at that level. They told me that there are surgeries for “intended incontinence”, but not offered in the states for ethical reasons.

Its all fun till the foley does not deflate.... then u take it out half deflated' accidently,

The problem I had when I tried this recently was painful bladder spasms. Like my bladder was trying to push it out. I ended up taking out the catheter after only 2 hours because of the pain

• Wow
  • Thinking
Reactions: Pino, Jorelaxed, guest and 1 other person
guest said:
Its all fun till the foley does not deflate.... then u take it out half deflated' accidently,
Yes, I can see how that can be down right dangerous. One thing I did watch for when removing the water from the foley was to make sure I was taking the same amount out as I put in. Once the water was removed, the catheter slid right out. No pain or blood, nice and smooth.

BabyAby123 said:
The problem I had when I tried this recently was painful bladder spasms. Like my bladder was trying to push it out. I ended up taking out the catheter after only 2 hours because of the pain
Wonder if you had the wrong size catheter. 14fr was a great size for insertion. No leaks around it. I do have a 16fr but it looks huge compared to the 14fr. Not sure I want to try that one.

oldskool said:
I want to try this, I have the catheters, lube, tray and bags. I did it 2 years ago but just used the bags not in a diaper.
I've had a foley in before with just the bag. It' was in the hospital.

Pampers4Ever said:
Wonder if you had the wrong size catheter. 14fr was a great size for insertion. No leaks around it. I do have a 16fr but it looks huge compared to the 14fr. Not sure I want to try that one.
I tried the 14

Pampers4Ever said:
Yes, I can see how that can be down right dangerous. One thing I did watch for when removing the water from the foley was to make sure I was taking the same amount out as I put in. Once the water was removed, the catheter slid right out. No pain or blood, nice and smooth.
usually the smaller size the less i find it discomfort but i always have had discomfort after of it being in for short time so i always took it out or not let in long,

Not supper crazy about doing it often if any,
Deffective cathether i had last time i tried it would not fully deflate' tried to deflate and it did not fully no matter how many times i tried after a while im like pulled at it but was not trying to thug it out , it came out half inflated : and blood, did check out er but they said all was fine, so its not something that is really worth it imo,

I did this a few years ago and loved the way my nappy slowly got wetter all the time.

I only kept it in for a weekend as I wasn't able to wear nappies to work. Would love to try it fit a week or more.

The only problem I had was when I got an unintentional erection. I found the tube length was too short so the 'y' piece of the foley pulled against my urethra which hurt like hell.

I've been getting the urge to try catheters again and reading this thread has really brought it to mind.

Reactions: JunkyardDog1 and Pampers4Ever
guest said:
usually the smaller size the less i find it discomfort but i always have had discomfort after of it being in for short time so i always took it out or not let in long,

Not supper crazy about doing it often if any,
Deffective cathether i had last time i tried it would not fully deflate' tried to deflate and it did not fully no matter how many times i tried after a while im like pulled at it but was not trying to thug it out , it came out half inflated : and blood, did check out er but they said all was fine, so its not something that is really worth it imo,
Defective catheters happen the normal way to remove a catheter is to cut the end off .The ballon has no choice and fully empties as it has no ability to retain liquid , it’s like when you insert ,your bladder involuntary empties so shall the ballon once the valve is cut off .

Reactions: JunkyardDog1
So, my question is:

Does not using a cath, especially not correct, cause scaring?
Would this not cause issues maybe perm?

I've been cathed and even used a cath for IC for a while, even looked into supra pubic at one point. But i have little feeling in that area at all, so not sure about "regular" feelings and/or pain involved with the whole cath.

But, i do suggest that anyone think long and hard about this well before doing anything, and that things can and do go wrong which can cause serious medical issues. So be very, very, very well versed on the procedure or better yet dont chance it.

Now, i also have been IC at night forever and have never had a want to be more IC ever, but that is me, and no judgement...Just be careful as once your IC there is little chance of going back to normal, and NOT having a choice to wear a diaper is NOT as fun as you'd think, it's expensive, inconvient, get rashes, and even changing you will at some point get things you dont want to wet, and leaks are just a thing.

So, just my questions and take on the situation.

One last question, other than the loss of control over urine, do you get any other feelings or sensations involved with this. I've heard of people using devices in the urethra for stimulation and i dont have much feeling so just curious.

Reactions: Deleted member 73083 and Cottontail
BabyHailey1977 said:
I got a good lecture from the doctor, but there was no judging or anything at that level. They told me that there are surgeries for “intended incontinence”, but not offered in the states for ethical reasons.
So this is actually a thing? I can't believe this kind of surgery would be heavily advertized... more of a below the counter type of offer. To be honest I did a quick search out of curiosity and found nothing... which in my opinion is a good thing. I think something like having gone a year of wearing and using diapers 24/7 should be required before such a surgery at the very least... Anyways it is interesting and kinda scary to know that apparently in some places you can just say "I wanna be incontinent Doc."

• Wow
Reactions: Pino and BabyHailey1977
Bigbabybret said:
So, my question is:

Does not using a cath, especially not correct, cause scaring?
Would this not cause issues maybe perm?

I've been cathed and even used a cath for IC for a while, even looked into supra pubic at one point. But i have little feeling in that area at all, so not sure about "regular" feelings and/or pain involved with the whole cath.

But, i do suggest that anyone think long and hard about this well before doing anything, and that things can and do go wrong which can cause serious medical issues. So be very, very, very well versed on the procedure or better yet dont chance it.

Now, i also have been IC at night forever and have never had a want to be more IC ever, but that is me, and no judgement...Just be careful as once your IC there is little chance of going back to normal, and NOT having a choice to wear a diaper is NOT as fun as you'd think, it's expensive, inconvient, get rashes, and even changing you will at some point get things you dont want to wet, and leaks are just a thing.

So, just my questions and take on the situation.

One last question, other than the loss of control over urine, do you get any other feelings or sensations involved with this. I've heard of people using devices in the urethra for stimulation and i dont have much feeling so just curious.
It feels like your on the edge of an orgasm a lot of the time. One wrong bit of stimulation and it's all gonna happen at once. It stimulates the whole urethra and prostate. Even feeling urine going down it feels nice.😁

This whole concept has me very very curious. Might try it some weekend soon.

I have been a huge fan of wearing a catheter and a diaper. Wearing the two diapers to separate catheter from poop is a fantastic ideal. But I don't poop my diaper so I get away with only one diaper..Also, when inserting the catheter I always use a catheter tray. It has everything I need to install a catheter cleanly and safely. But one thing I also do with catheters is to stretch my urethra. Just last weekend I had a 26 FR in for most the weekend. I never use a plug when I have a catheter in. I want to know all the challenges of being incontinent. Dealing with the continuous dripping is part of the challenge. Wearing a catheter in a diaper is really a unique experience. Going about your day and never feeling yourself peeing but your diaper continues to grow and grow is really different. Being I always stay well hydrated when I have a catheter in and my urine is dripping out continuously. I think the diaper has a chance to absorb even more causing it to get noticeably more in size without a leak. But at times I do miss the feeling of a good flood. Especially when around other people and they don't know my little secret.

Reactions: Deleted member 73083 and Pampers4Ever
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back