First time flying while diapered

shannara6767 said:
Tell you right now if TSA made me take mine off for inspection I would pee all over their floor out of spite.
I am a frequent flyer and have never had the kind of problems exampled above because I aways scheduled myself to proceed though TSA in a dry diaper or a most lightly wet if the lines are long. When TSA was really strict during the very early days, I had a few additional questions asked, but nothing ever to the level defined above.

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun and abcdef
Definitely test and find the most comfortable diapers for the long-haul flight.
You want an absorbent diaper but equally as important is a diaper that is comfortable for you to sleep in.
Long-haul flights are often dark with the lights dimmer so that passengers can sleep.
One strategy that has worked for me is to find a middle of the road diaper and expect to change 1-2x on the flight. You can discretely bring a diaper into the bathroom and change.

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
I just returned from a trip to Europe and wore a thick diaper both directions and I always wear plastic pants over the diaper on the plane. They give me more confidence that I won’t leak. I have never had an issue with TSA in the states or international security. Hardest problem for me traveling internationally is taking enough extra diapers for the length of my stay.

Reactions: Diprs2, AttilaThePun and Edgewater
Maybe this has been answered before, how would TSA know you have a wet diaper and why would they care?

Last edited:
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
richieboy said:
Maybe this has been answered before, how would TSA know you have a wet diaper and why would they care?
The newest body X-ray (chamber) devise looks for changes in density and the difference between underwear, diapers are fairly close, but add liquids and the density changes, hence, the big issues about the size of containers allowed onboard and whether your diaper is wet or not! The wetter the diaper, the more that areas shows-up on the screen and the more they become interested in you!!

FYI: I understand that it really sucks when a bomb goes off in a plane.

Last edited:
Reactions: newt and Diprs2
Edgewater said:
The newest body X-ray (chamber) devise looks for changes in density and the difference between underwear, diapers are fairly close, but add liquids and the density changes, hence, the big issues about the size of containers allowed onboard and whether your diaper is wet or not! The wetter the diaper, the more that areas shows-up on the screen and the more they become interested in you!!

And by the way in my opinion the effing terrorists have won, since we have been denied justly due respect and subjected to dehumanizing searches that are done in prisons, one of the reasons I know longer fly commercial airlines. The damn terrorists used box cutters to kill so many!!

Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
Edgewater said:

I think it's likely that the increased density of a wet diaper could resemble the image of a plastic bag full of fluid or gel being smuggled inside a traveler's underwear. There are plenty of explosive or incendiary substances that can be liquefied or transformed into a gel. And that's not to mention drug-smuggling potential.

As someone with a history of groin surgery, they're also suspicious of anybody who walks strangely. Before I even got to the screening line, I got pulled aside to one of the private rooms with 4 TSA agents in it - and I didn't have U-IC back then!

• Wow
Edgewater said:
It sucks, alright - it sucks anything that's loose right out of the plane!

MullbG said:
Second that with tena maxi, couple of issues and notes:
1. If you use a diaper that is too bulky, airplane bins are very small so they would be hard to dispose of.
2. Changing at least once in the plane is better than sitting in a wet nappy for the whole flight, i tried that twice on 13 hr flights and on both occasions got a nappy rash right after.
3. Airplane doors are very thin so, preferably find a diaper that does not have loud tapes. E.g. Megamaxes have very loud tapes so everyone from within 3 rows of the toilet will hear you if you attempt to remove the tapes. So i usually use a tena maxi before boarding. These have discrete tapes and don't make alot of sound on removal. And for my 2nd diaper since i'm not going to remove it on the plane, i go for the thicker megamaxes.
Or you could practice your convenience cough to get it down so that it’s simultaneous with your diaper tapes being torn loose.

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater, MullbG, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
Zeke said:
Or you could practice your convenience cough to get it down so that it’s simultaneous with your diaper tapes being torn loose.
Or play some stripping music and tear your tapes at strategic intervals - they'll think you have tear-away pants! They might expect you to emerge from the lavatory in a g-string. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater and Zeke
Also, note that if you use a lot of powder in your diaper, it will flag the body scanner. If you have powder in a carry on bag, it is seen as a liquid by the scanner, so try to carry a travel size container when going through X-ray.

Reactions: AttilaThePun and Edgewater
I also have an implanted defibrillator, So I can’t be scannded, Medtronic suggests telling TSA its a pacemaker because they don’t know very much about medical devices. The wand can quickly scan, but if too long it may shut off, or effect it adversely.

Last edited:
Reactions: AttilaThePun
I have flown many, many times while diapered.

My suggestions:

Wear a diaper you know works.
Consider leakproof pants (Gary or such).
Consider a onesie to keep things covered up.
Bring a change of clothes (pants) in case you leak.

At airport security: be clear with them that you are wearing a diaper. They deal with this sort of thing all day and will understand.

On the airplane: go change in the bathroom when you need to.
Prepare a small bag with wipes and a few diapers to change into. The bag can look like a man purse or a laptop bag or a small backpack. Just take it out of the overhead bin when you need a change and go to the bathroom. You will observe that many people grab a bag of some sort before heading to the bathroom. The more natural you make it look, the less attention you will get. Besides, it's nobody's business what you do in the bathroom. You could be giving yourself an insulin shot or just brush your teeth.

Good luck!

i have flown a far amount over the years. what i have learned is dry diaper is better for the full body scanner. yes you may get question but dont worry its not a big del tsa seen everything. i was picked once for a quote random bag check. it wa my diaper bag which i need to carry with me they open it puled out 2 diaper one of my binkies as well as wipes. like it was no big deal.. one thing i would say is to use a booster for long trips you will need them or you will be in a little room trying to change your diaper standing up. i made it to italy with only 2 changes happy flying

Back