First time flying while diapered

abcdef

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hi all,

I am going to likely be doing a long haul flight very soon. I’m this will be my first time needing protection what would be the safest choice of diaper for a long haul ? Thank you all in advance you guys have awesome knowledge 👌😯

Reactions: Diprs2 and Pino
Not sure your conditions and or output. I would assume high capacity and most likely mega max or similar variety.

Reactions: Zeke, Diprs2, Constantlydamp and 4 others
It is very important to assure that you have tested the diaper you plan on using. Clearly it would need to be a high-capacity diaper that will support you during the complete flight -or- you have built in a planned "inflight change"! Regardless assure that you have your carry-on with a smaller bag (diaper bag capable) with you regardless of whether you plan for an inflight change or not, things happen!

Because of what is available to you NS MegaMax may or may not be available, point is you should plan on using a Premium Adult Diaper.

I have traveled diapered for years, have always worn a diaper cover.

I cannot understate the need to practice and test in advance!

Reactions: Zeke, Neroforte, newt and 6 others
a premium quality diaper is always better and there are many on the market. if possible gets samples and try them at home and out and about to see how they work for you. it is a trial and error thing for what works for one might not work for you (fit, comfort, and absorbency)
in the Medical Style there are mega max, trest, forsite, better dry, and various ABDL vendors with plain white diapers. Under the ABDL style there are the various diapers if printed in not an issue with Tykables, ABUniverse, and Rearz. All of these diapers can be worn with a booster. You can speak with the customer service with any of the on line diaper companies to get their thoughts. Tykables are my go for they fit me great and are great heavy duty (max absorbency).
What i do is allow extra time getting to and in the airport. Don't rush so you are less stressed and you can relax. finding out when they plan on boarding the aircraft usually that is 30 minutes prior to scheduled take off. Allow time before boarding to go change so that you increase your chances of getting on the plane dry to start. Keep two diaper changes with wipes and a plastic bag for disposable of a used diaper in a small bag inside your carry on. you can take that small bag into the plane restroom should you need to change during flight. I have never changed on the plane, for i always go with premium quality diapers and for long flights a booster inside. Happy traveling

Reactions: Zeke, Diprs2, Edgewater and 2 others
Since you are from the UK (right?) i would say look for Tena Maxi Slip, Attends Active 10 or Regular 10, Molicare Premium Elastic 9 / 10.
They are medical diapers with high absorbancy and maximum discretion. Megamax maybe better, but is difficult to get and expensive and they are far less discrete, it would be a good choice either though. @Edgewater said it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neroforte, AttilaThePun, Diprs2 and 4 others
Pino said:
Since you are from the UK (right?) i would say look for Tena Maxi Slip, Attends Active 10 or Regular 10, Molicare Premium Elastic 9 / 10.
They are medical diapers with high absorbancy and maximum discretion. Megamax maybe better, but is difficult to get and expensive and they are far less discrete, it would be a good choice either though. @Edgewater said it all.
I usually fly in Tens maxi slips and plastic pants.

Reactions: AttilaThePun, Edgewater and abcdef
Second that with tena maxi, couple of issues and notes:
1. If you use a diaper that is too bulky, airplane bins are very small so they would be hard to dispose of.
2. Changing at least once in the plane is better than sitting in a wet nappy for the whole flight, i tried that twice on 13 hr flights and on both occasions got a nappy rash right after.
3. Airplane doors are very thin so, preferably find a diaper that does not have loud tapes. E.g. Megamaxes have very loud tapes so everyone from within 3 rows of the toilet will hear you if you attempt to remove the tapes. So i usually use a tena maxi before boarding. These have discrete tapes and don't make alot of sound on removal. And for my 2nd diaper since i'm not going to remove it on the plane, i go for the thicker megamaxes.

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, Pino and 2 others
I find that the surgical bandage wrap scissors work the best for removing a diaper on an aircraft or public toilet as it is far more controlled and zero noise. It is a standard part of my diaper bag and the 1 to 1.25" cut blades and blunt ends meet TSA requirements.

• Thinking
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, abcdef and 5 others
Edgewater said:
I find that the surgical bandage wrap scissors work the best for removing a diaper on an aircraft or public toilet as it is far more controlled and zero noise. It is a standard part of my diaper bag and the 1 to 1.25" cut blades and blunt ends meet TSA requirements.
This is great. The noise when having to change in public restrooms is the hardest part to keep discrete.

Referencing the original post, I second everything said above!

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, abcdef and 2 others
I wear the Tena Slip Maxi Active Fit 24/7 and have just returned to the UK from San Francisco. I changed into a dry nappy ahead of boarding but as it was an 11 hour overnight flight with inevitable consequences I had to change out of a very wet nappy when I awoke which was not easy in the tiny loo! I absolutely agree about not staying in a wet nappy. Definitely causes nappy rash and also risks leaks. I took three nappies in my hand luggage to be safe once I passed through security before take off and to be sure I had a dry nappy to change into upon landing ahead of the car journey home.

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, Edgewater and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
Also useful to cut tape from a roll if you need to reinforce original tapes on a diaper!

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, cloakplt and Edgewater
Edgewater said:
do box cutters work? Sorry... bad joke...

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, AttilaThePun and 1 other person
EcoIncon said:
do box cutters work? Sorry... bad joke...
No, but I believe the boxcutters-on-boots known as ice skates are allowed in your carry-on bag.

Your joke may be bad, but I'm laughing anyway!! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, EcoIncon and 1 other person
Edgewater said:
I thought scissors are not allowed on planes?

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke and Edgewater
MullbG said:
I thought scissors are not allowed on planes?
Per the TSA page for the United States, scissors of less than 4" length from the pivot point are permitted in carry-on luggage. They should be sheathed, capped, or wrapped to avoid injury to inspectors. I can't speak as to rules for other countries, although Canada had no problem with my beard/moustache scissors with 2" blades.

Like everyone else above has said, get a good quality one that will hold a lot.
One other bit of advice, at least here in the USA, make sure you change just before going through security. Everytime I have gone through even with a slightly wet one, they flag me, and I have to explain and get patted down. Search this forum for flying, this topic has been discussed at great length a few times.

Good Luck
Barbie

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and AttilaThePun
abcdef said:
Hi all,

I am going to likely be doing a long haul flight very soon. I’m this will be my first time needing protection what would be the safest choice of diaper for a long haul ? Thank you all in advance you guys have awesome knowledge 👌😯
It depends if you want to go the whole flight without changing yourself. In that instance go for something like Tena Slip Ultima, or if you prefer PE backed, the Active Fit Ultima. These are really good. To be honest, I prefer to wear something thinner and change often, but that's me.
I hate long haul flights, hope you're are going somewhere amazing!

Reactions: Diprs2, Zeke, Edgewater and 1 other person
I typically wear an InControl Original or Str8Up diaper, with Rearz Overnight Boost and Northshore XXL Boost atop that. Then I bring a peach mat disposable bed chuck to sit on since I'm prone to full voids while seated and occasionally leak out the leg cuffs without knowing.

TSA pulls me aside if I enter screening wet, which can be a brief patdown at the gate or full disrobing so they can inspect/swab my diaper in the private screening area. Only twice have I had to remove the diaper for them to send through the scanner, then apply a new diaper after.

I don't think they're allowed to do the latter anymore. Yet both of those times I was pretty soaked from a long train ride to the airport.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Anyone that flys knows not to attempt to pass through a modern screening device wet as it is a near assured additional inspection. That point has been covered multiple times on this Board in different Threads, commonly with Flying as part of the Title.

Please adjust your travel schedule to include changing your diaper prior to attempting screening, you will find the passage though TSA non-eventful!

Reactions: barbiejoanne, newt, Diprs2 and 2 others
Tell you right now if TSA made me take mine off for inspection I would pee all over their floor out of spite.

• Haha
Reactions: LePew, Diprs2, AttilaThePun and 2 others
Back