First diaper

Age four or five I took a cloth diaper and plastic pants from my younger brother's changing table and put them on in my room when I was supposed to be napping. I did this fairly often until he was out of diapers a year and a half later. It was a special treat when my mom bought Pampers for a vacation or other trip and I could sneak off with a couple of them instead of the usual cloth ones.

Reactions: Pampers4Ever
The first diapers I remember were a pampers toddler-size diaper. The box was purple with that Pampers kid on the front of it.
When growing up, I liked to watch the pampers commercials on tv. They were so cute.

Reactions: Pampers4Ever and totalbreakdown1
First diaper I got on my own was XL goodnites (towards the end of the era where they were plain white) - they barely fit and I quickly realized they would not contain an entire bladder worth of pee.

I had start wearing the all white goodnites from the 1990s in the 3rd grade for my frequent daytime accidents at school and for bedwetting after I started to unplug my bedwetting alarm or not plugging it in. Later I started to have to wear depend pull-ups or store brand adult pull-ups during the day and depend diapers at night.

Reactions: Pampers4Ever and mbta12
the first one that i could think of that i tried that fit me was a pampers size 7 from 2009 (back when pampers was still good before the stupid 360 fit in the pull ups and 3 channel padding in the tape based diapers

this was the first time i wore a real diaper since 2002 when i wore that store brand diaper in front of my dad

back then i could still fit in pampers size 7 (as i was 12 at the time) and i wet it but because it was a baby diaper, the padding didn't get squishy but instead slushy (by then i knew i was too old for baby diapers, and didn't really like pull ups that much)

so after that i was at food basics with my mom and i found a pull up/tape diaper hybrid (almost like those pampers convertibles but for adults) and i wet that as well (although i couldn't saturate all of it due to me not having an adult bladder yet)

same with an abena abri form i got from the food bank (which they rarely sell in canada these days)

it was the first diaper i used with a wetness indicator so i wondered what the yellow line did when i wet it (as i was used to the blue indicators on pull ups that smudged back then), but again because of my weak bladder i couldn't saturate the diaper enough to turn the abenas indicator blue

however the first diaper that i used properly and fit me (like a real diaper should) was a prevail diaper i stole from my local st vincent de paul (because my mom didn't want me buying diapers with her money) and i stared at the mirror wetting it and watched the yellow line turn blue

(which by then after going at it to alot of wetting videos and abdl art i knew the yellow indicator was supposed to turn blue)

Reactions: mbta12
SoggyRunner said:
Age four or five I took a cloth diaper and plastic pants from my younger brother's changing table and put them on in my room when I was supposed to be napping. I did this fairly often until he was out of diapers a year and a half later.
My own story is very similar. I was (I think) six and my younger sister four. She was still wearing diapers to bed, the same prefolds and plastic pants we'd both worn as babies. I don't remember how many times I did it, and the memories have blurred together, but I started borrowing her diapers and putting them on in the bathroom. They were kept around after she stopped needing them, and I continued playing with them for years. Unfortunately, as I couldn't run the laundry machines myself, I rarely used them for their intended purpose, and I wanted to so badly! My interest in wetting finally got the better of me when I was 12, and I started sneaking to the store after school to buy Pampers.

From 1997/98'..... Holy crap did these suck. They were insanely easy to flood, even as a 12 year old.
s-l1600.jpg

quartz200420012 said:
From 1997/98'..... Holy crap did these suck. They were insanely easy to flood, even as a 12 year old.
View attachment 127293
Try wearing them to school and having a leak

baliebox4916 said:
the first one that i could think of that i tried that fit me was a pampers size 7 from 2009 (back when pampers was still good before the stupid 360 fit in the pull ups and 3 channel padding in the tape based diapers

this was the first time i wore a real diaper since 2002 when i wore that store brand diaper in front of my dad

back then i could still fit in pampers size 7 (as i was 12 at the time) and i wet it but because it was a baby diaper, the padding didn't get squishy but instead slushy (by then i knew i was too old for baby diapers, and didn't really like pull ups that much)

so after that i was at food basics with my mom and i found a pull up/tape diaper hybrid (almost like those pampers convertibles but for adults) and i wet that as well (although i couldn't saturate all of it due to me not having an adult bladder yet)

same with an abena abri form i got from the food bank (which they rarely sell in canada these days)

it was the first diaper i used with a wetness indicator so i wondered what the yellow line did when i wet it (as i was used to the blue indicators on pull ups that smudged back then), but again because of my weak bladder i couldn't saturate the diaper enough to turn the abenas indicator blue

however the first diaper that i used properly and fit me (like a real diaper should) was a prevail diaper i stole from my local st vincent de paul (because my mom didn't want me buying diapers with her money) and i stared at the mirror wetting it and watched the yellow line turn blue

(which by then after going at it to alot of wetting videos and abdl art i knew the yellow indicator was supposed to turn blue)
Was it depend adjustable pull-ups

Babybear2006 said:
Try wearing them to school and having a leak
wow, that sucks

Baby diapers I took from my church growing up, which I later paid an anonymous donation for out of morality for guilt about it for so many years. I feel I made it right the best I could, since I'd long moved away.

Years later, I worked at a supermarket and they had some adult pullons with elastic sides. They were the clothlike kind and leaked immediately after I flooded them... in short, they weren't good. Shortly thereafter I tried Depends with the plastic body and tabs which were equally terrible. Years later, Bambino Diapers was founded and everything else is ABDL history.

Ranma said:
Baby diapers I took from my church growing up, which I later paid an anonymous donation for out of morality for guilt about it for so many years. I feel I made it right the best I could, since I'd long moved away.
The church nursery was a source for me as well. I felt guilty about it too, but as one of the ministers kids, I spent a lot of time there setting up and cleaning up for events and services, and helping out in the nursery. I suppose in a way I paid for them with my time. There was always an excess supply, as parents tended to buy and leave more there than their kids used, so compared to sneaking from friends or family with kids in diapers, it was probably less impactful. At least that’s what I told myself!

Reactions: Ranma and mbta12
Littledragon87 said:
Hi all
I have a question for you, what was your first experience with any kind of pull-up or diaper and what was it
I was very young, probably around 5yrs old, when my 3 cousins came over for a visit. The oldest is my age, the other 2 are younger & were still babies crawling around on the floor. At some point their diaper bag was in the middle of the living room floor, a diaper was pulled out & lying on the floor next to the bag. The adults were busy talking on the couch so I discreetly kicked the diaper across the room until out of view. I remember hiding it under my bed, playing with my cousin the rest of the night, & a few days later remembering it was there. Not sure what brand it was, probably Huggies, but it was plastic backed & very thick considering this happened in the late 80's.

My first diaper was Tena for men was pull up and wet so much that I jump very quickly to proper diaper was abena m4

Probably an old Pampers diaper, left in a packaging from my childhood times. I was 7 or 8 and one day felt a big urge to wear a diaper again, to see how it feels (it could be the real beginning of my diaper-adventures journey hahah). So I began to search for unused diapers in the wardrobe and found them! They were probably some Pampers from 2004 or 2005, I don't know exactly when I was potty trained. Then some months later I aks my mom to buy me a completely new pack of Bella Happy diapers and I wear them around the house, even when sitting with my family and watching TV (how was it even possible?! 😂).

• Love
Reactions: baliebox4916 and mbta12
The old green Depends with six tabs. I bought them while I was traveling at a Walmart I would never go to again so nobody I knew would catch me at it. My plan was to wear and wet while I drove, but quickly found out it's not that easy. Got to properly wet for the first time in a motel. Before I got home I tossed the remainder in a dumpster somewhere and it was a while before I tried again.... I once tried "belted undergarments, but they were useless.

Now much older and living alone I'm diapered as much as I care to be...

Reactions: Freddie07601
Littledragon87 said:
Hi all
I have a question for you, what was your first experience with any kind of pull-up or diaper and what was it
Technically my very first diaper was a goodnights pull-up. I grew up out in the country and it was impossible to get out to a store on my own. One weekend while my parents were out of town I was staying with family friends house in town and was able to sneak to the store on my bike and stash them in my backpack to take home. I savored those because it was very hard to get more. Was sometimes able to get my hands on depends pull-ups and my first tape on was a store brand that I got by sneaking out of school during lunch 😂
When I finally moved out on my own for college at 18 diapers were the first thing I ordered. My first Abdl diaper I ever tried was the DC Amor. And over the last 5 years I’ve since tried just about every brand except tylables.

oldpppants said:
The old green Depends with six tabs. I bought them while I was traveling at a Walmart I would never go to again so nobody I knew would catch me at it. My plan was to wear and wet while I drove, but quickly found out it's not that easy. Got to properly wet for the first time in a motel. Before I got home I tossed the remainder in a dumpster somewhere and it was a while before I tried again.... I once tried "belted undergarments, but they were useless.

Now much older and living alone I'm diapered as much as I care to be...
Oh those green, six-tape Depends. I must have worn more than a thousand of them before better disposables came along. Since I had to change at least four times a day, maybe it was several thousand.

Do you remember the ads June Allyson did for Depends?

Since I didn't potty trained late my first diaper memories are of wearing and using whatever I wore at the time. I'm not sure what those were though. After that my next diaper experience wouldn't be until I started making homemade diapers as a teenager. I'd been wetting my pants intentionally for pleasure for several years (after many years of not so intentionally doing so) but I didn't get any ideas about diapers until high school. I'd make homemade diapers out of towels, multiple pairs of underwear, plastic bags, etc. Sometimes these actually worked well! Other times not so much.

My first "real" diapers were Depends I managed to work up the courage to buy after I got my drivers license and could go to the store on my own and far enough away I was unlikely to see anyone I knew. Those were a revelation for sure!

Back