First Diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
First baby diapers - whatever I could get my hands on as a kid

First adult diaper - depends or CVS brand, can’t remember which but both were terrible

First AB diaper - Bambino Bellisimo

I've told the story on here before, but when I first grew out of Goodnites sizes, the first attempt my parents tried at an adult product was Depends Belted Undergarments. I think the idea they had was that I could wear "normal" underwear over them, but it did not go well at all, they were just completely incapable of meeting my needs.

What I ended up in was the Walmart Assurance brand diapers and of course the ubiquitous Depends. Back then Assurance was actually decent quality surprisingly enough, and were a little cheaper, so that's what I usually was put in. On the incredibly sad day those were replaced with the current terrible product I had by then moved out of my parents house, but I had not gotten the hang of purchasing my own diapers yet, so I reached for the only source I knew, Walmart, and started ordering from their website, and ended up settling on the Attends with Waistband, which weren't bad, they were comparable to the old Assurance ones, but they weren't quite up to meeting my needs, so I went looking around online for a replacement, got pointed to XPMedical and the Abena L4s and I've been a customer of theirs ever since.

josephxylose said:
What was the first diaper that you tried
Bambino Teddys

Sent from my U673C using Tapatalk

First proper incontinence nappy was when I was 12 and it was a Attends..

josephxylose said:
What was the first diaper that you tried

I have a hard time remembering that long ago. But I am pretty certain that my Mom, being practical and all (and the fact that disposables were considered a luxury back then). From photos and what I can remember, they were Curity brand cloth diapers with the large diaper pins and the bulky thick plastic pants that went over them.

Not quite sure what I came home from in the hospital in, but the Curity cloth were a mainstay until I was potty trained around 2 or 3, then found some cloth training pants while exploring the basement when I was around four or five years old, and instantly regressed to wanting diapers and have been wearing all sorts of diapers from makeshift towels and plastic bags to the amazing disposable and comfy ABDL diapers I wear today.

:detective3

Teddy Bear Cowboy

Growing up I'd steal baby diapers, usually from my cousin. My first adult diapers were Depends pull-ups; my first "real" adult diapers were Depends as well, though the first real REAL ones were Maximum X-Pluses.

White, three tape, elastic waistband Attends from the mid 90s.

I was a teenager living with my parents. I met a guy on AOL (yes, I'm that old) and he had recently switched to cloth and offered to send me some of his old Attends.

It's funny reflecting on it. He was s super nice guy, and we chatted for a while before he made the offer, but as a dad now, if I found out my teenaged daughter had given her address to a stranger online, I might be very concerned. Also, what the frick was I thinking getting diapers mailed to my parent's house?

First time i have tried some pampers branded diapers when i was a kid. But actually i don't know which one. I remember a little how it looks but still hard to tell because it was long time ago.
Second time it was some pull-up like cheap adult diaper. It was really bad quality and i get a little disappointed with whole diaper thing.
And actually i haven't try more diapers from that time...

First baby Nappy? Pampers, i think.
First store brand Nappy? boots Staydry.
First AB Nappy? Rearz Princess.

Abena M3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Tena Discreet, and mostly stuck with them,,,

1973-76 - Curity cloth diapers, prefolded, and Gerber plastic pants.

1987 - the same, with two cloth diapers pinned together in a T-shape to fit me. As a young DL I used what was available, and there were still a few of these left in my house, a few years after my younger brother was out of diapers. There was also an open package of Luvs in my parents' closet. We'd never used disposables regularly, I think they had only bought a package or two for use on road trips. I often touched these "luvingly" but was afraid to take one out of the package, so they were never used.

1992 - some baby diaper brand from the convenience store. I was at college, newly moved out of the dorm and into an apartment with two roommates, but we had separate bedrooms, so I was able to make a purchase. I bought some baby diapers (Pampers? Huggies?) at the local convenience store; as I was a regular there I nervously explained to the owner that these were "for my brother's kid", which probably caused more suspicion than if I'd said nothing!

1995 - Depends, Attends, Walgreens and other drugstore brands. Now living on my own, and with a car, I could buy whatever was available locally, and I tried every drugstore brand at one time or another. Most were awful, as you know.

2000 - Tranquility ATN and Molicare (the purple ones). By this time I was becoming aware that diapers could be ordered discreetly online, and I made several purchases from places like HDIS and LLMedico. I ordered some sample packs and tried everything - the Tranquility and Molicare were the clear winners, and I ended up buying some full size packages of these.

Walgreen's pharmacy brand diapers was my first adult diaper.
I've worn pull ups and stuffed underwear prior to buying my first pack.

TeddyBearCowboy said:
Not quite sure what I came home from in the hospital in, but the Curity cloth were a mainstay until I was potty trained around 2 or 3, then found some cloth training pants while exploring the basement when I was around four or five years old, and instantly regressed to wanting diapers and have been wearing all sorts of diapers from makeshift towels and plastic bags to the amazing disposable and comfy ABDL diapers I wear today.

:detective3

Teddy Bear Cowboy

My experience exactly! I was born in '73, and cloth diapers were still the mainstream choice then - I only ever wore cloth diapers, probably Curity (I remember seeing the logo on a few, years later), with big safety pins and milky-white translucent plastic pants over them. I also found old diapers in storage in the basement and the back corners of closets in my parents' house, mainly when I was about 12-13 (and my youngest brother just out of diapers), and began secreting some away in my own hiding places - the back of my closet, the hollow space under a dresser, in a bag of rags under a bathroom sink.

By this time, the mid/late eighties, I was seeing toddlers wearing plastic disposable diapers all around, in public parks, or the younger siblings of my schoolmates, and I really wanted to be in that kind of diaper - but I had no access to them, nor was there any way I could buy them (it was a very small town and all the shopkeepers knew me by sight).

To this day, what I like most are the plastic diapers I saw around me when I hit puberty, rather than the cloth that I had myself worn as a little one.

As a baby, I wore pampers. As an adult;, the first real diaper I wore was Depends overnite still in greens. Unfortunately I keep boomeranging back to dDepends. Though I also wear tena and attends.

When I returned to diapers it was an Attends in 1984. As a baby, toddler, kid I wore plastic pants and cloth diapers. I remember seeing Pampers commercials on tv when I was in kindergarten. I wanted to wear them so badly. In 84 I wore my first disposable diaper. It was heaven and hell all at once. The humiliation was immense, the relief was just as intense.

I wore Attends for years until I couldn't find them anymore. Moved on to Depends for many, many years. Now it;s what ever is in-stock with Tykables, ABU, Bambino...

My first diaper was Pampers when I was born.

My first diaper on my own accord as a child was some Huggies Pullups, which I used several of while my family was living with a family friend after I we had to leave our old house.

My first ABDL diaper was Cushies cloth-backed. I had to have cloth-backed because I wouldn't use them when I wore them so I could put them back on later.

Moleycare Maxi plus medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back