Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Depends

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • Other comment here

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • Generic baby brand

Votes: 12 3.3%

• Total voters
Pampers pre-double-digits and Tena Slips were my first adult brand, I went straight into Mediums as a 16 year old ...missed an opportunity there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
BW

cprdr said:
I was about 10-18 years old and going stopped with my mom and going down the diapers aisle and looking at all the boxs/bags of diapers/pampers. Today, after 40 years I still do it look at all diapers/pampers when I go shopping when nobody looking.
Fanfold sposies from Greek manufacturers came in poly bags.

Viopharm was the only best-known sposie maker to date selling value packs in card boxes around 1983, but this marketing move was shortlived.

s-l1600~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
sinceiwassmall said:
This is pretty much a perfect story. Curity prefolds are “the” diapers to me too. Mine came from Stork Diaper Service so when my sisters and I were done with them, all too soon, there were none in the house.

When my urges started I did find a pair of diaper pins I must’ve worn many times as a baby. They had the same kind of meaning to me when I played. I pinned myself in makeshift diapers I learned to fold (and less excitingly, wash) from the baby care book my parents had in their hands looking after me.

I have a special relationship with early to mid-1970s Pampers too. The purple Toddler Day and Night box @cprdr shared above is the gateway one. Not because I ever wore them or even touched them. And I never imagined they would fit me. But the ads for them were all around and made me want to be a baby that way like nothing else. The baby on the box looked sooo content. I would try to sneak looks at the packages in stores. I went through magazines at the library looking for those ads and they were some of the best (and only) reading about diapers I had at a critical stage.
Curities bring such warm loving memories for me. We had a house of them since both of my sisters wet their beds as well. When I finally Left home for good after university, mom gave me a large box full of curities diapers and rubber pants to take with.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall, dogboy, Cottontail and 1 other person
Huggies Supertrim
s-l1600.jpg

Reactions: WillFord384, Iron, blaincorrous and 1 other person
First diaper that got me to being a DL was Pampers Swaddlers so soft and comfy and has the wetness indicator and Huggies Snug and Dry with the cute Micky Mouse designs

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
Lshpsp said:
What was the first diaper you remember scribing your interest in abdl
There's a whole story about my becoming ABDL. I was put back on diapers for a weekend with my grandparents. I remember my mom buying the Pampers and wondering why because I didn't wear diapers anymore. Then during that weekend, I remember being in a parking lot with my grandfather and needing to pee. I thought to myself "oh, I'm wearing a diaper" and wet. I just remember that feeling. (44 years ago at this point)

So- Pampers it is!

• Love
Reactions: sinceiwassmall and BobbiSueEllen
One might be shocked when I say Pull Ups, but I was fascinated by diapers even when I was like 5 and had only been potty trained for like a year at that point. And Pull Ups were my last diaper, so they sparked my interest as I fascinated about them even back then.

Reactions: Aquasailor
Diapers didn’t start it for me, babyfur art did.

Reactions: Cottontail
Voted depends that was the first diaper that i wore but when I was 8 years old I saw my cousin who was still wearing pampers even though he was about the same age and that is what started it. Now I wear megamax and supremes full time

It had to be Goodnites/Drynites for me, its probably the first time I was conscious of having a liking for nappies. I remember being around 4 or 5 and I had started having some bedwetting accidents. Then, seemingly out of nowhere on TV I saw adverts for Drynites and really wished I would be in them at night as waking up in a wet bed isn't nice at all.

I talked to my parents in a roundabout way to try and see if they'd get them for me but by then the bedwetting had basically stopped. Ever since, I've felt that Drynites were the one's which brought abdl feelings to the surface for me.

Reactions: sinceiwassmall and BobbiSueEllen
DanielW said:
Old School attends. I'm IC, but nothings takes me back like the old attends, with the micro-pore (plastic) top sheet. The scent is something between baby powder and some sort of "solvent" scent almost more "fumes" than a scent.
The Attends scent is the same Baby Fresh fragrance P&G used on Pampers and Luvs.

Reactions: rocketman
Probably Pampers as that’s what I remember being around the most in the late eighties and early nineties when I was realizing I liked diapers. But also Depend because I would see those in the aisle at the store and know that was something that would fit me if I could get my hands on some. They were the first diapers I actually bought for myself when I turned 16.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I had been interested in diapers since I was about 8, but the first one that really did it for me was the (at the time) new Luvs Phases for boys. They were a blue pinstripe diaper, and Luvs had just introduced them in sizes small through xtra-large. I remember being at the mall and going to the bathroom and a dad walked in with his son and daughter. I'm guessing the son was 3-3.5, and the daughter around 5, and the dad changed the boy who fussed and whined the entire time he was on the pull down changing table (which he barely fit on) while the daughter stood there in the men's room next to her dad.

I remember my parents telling me that I had trained late, around or slightly after age 3, which in 1979 would have been very unusual, so to see an older child having their diaper changed surprised me because I didn't realize kids that age actually still wore them! I guess I figured I had been the only one, lol.

When the dad finished changing his son and they left the men's room, I made sure no one was around and I grabbed the diaper from the trash can and entered a bathroom stall. The diaper was absolutely soaked, and I remember it was very warm, practically hot, so he must have recently wet. I wondered if he was potty training and was wearing diapers just in case (not sure if pull-ups were a thing at this time or not yet, or if they were, they probably hadn't caught on yet) or what. Anyway, I held it for a minute or two, and then knowing I had to get back to my family, I rolled the diaper back up, tossed it back in the trash, washed my hands and walked on. But seeing that, and seeing that boy wearing that particular diaper, cemented by interested for sure.

I'd honestly love to see them make an AB diaper with a similar style!

Reactions: pamperwarrior, sinceiwassmall, Rezzu and 3 others
Cinderpamp said:
Diapers didn’t start it for me, babyfur art did.
That's pretty interesting. With so much adorable babyfur imagery, however, I can definitely see how it would be a trigger for some people.

BabyTweetyBird said:
The Attends scent is the same Baby Fresh fragrance P&G used on Pampers and Luvs.
'
That is specifically why I loved the old Attends. I don't understand why P&G sold the brand.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
Weatheronthe8s said:
One might be shocked when I say Pull Ups, but I was fascinated by diapers even when I was like 5 and had only been potty trained for like a year at that point. And Pull Ups were my last diaper, so they sparked my interest as I fascinated about them even back then.
Not surprising. They weren't a trigger for me, but I fondly remember Pull-Ups for being the last baby diaper-ish product that I could wear without any effort. That was in 1989, the year they came out. After seeing the first TV ads for them, I bought some with my allowance as soon as I could, and was astonished that I could step right into them. At that point, I was having to extend the tabs on baby diapers in order to wear them, and had mostly resigned myself to the fact that I was too big for diapers (adult products weren't anywhere on my radar screen then).

Unfortunately, I had a major growth spurt not long after that, and Pull-Ups were suddenly too small. And, as they were more difficult to extend than baby diapers, I quickly returned to my then-usual Pampers and cloth diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and BobbiSueEllen
Cottontail said:
That's pretty interesting. With so much adorable babyfur imagery, however, I can definitely see how it would be a trigger for some people.
It’s honestly a pretty simple story too. I was watching Hotel Transylvania a couple years ago and I searched “Winnie from Hotel Transylvania” and before I knew it I was on FurAffinity.

Back