Votes: 24 6.5%
  • Depends

Votes: 32 8.7%
  • Other comment here

Votes: 48 13.0%
  • Generic baby brand

Votes: 12 3.3%

• Total voters
I knew early on liking diapers . I was put in those all white plastic Pampers of the 70s. They were shiny and smooth ,lots of crinkle, loud tape sound when fastening them on. the inside was soft and snug. So there was so much to like early on. I had some cousins who were put into those 80s Pampers that were event thicker. I was too old by this point to be wearing diapers. I remember taking one out of my aunts diaper bag in my parents room and feeling how thick they were and so crinkly! I thought of taking one but there were only a few and I was worried my aunt would notice one less. So I put it back, It was those all white Pampers that really turned me on to liking diapers .

• Love
Reactions: WillFord384, Cottontail, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
old attends, with the micro-pore (plastic) top sheet stuffed with infant disposables around 1979.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
It was Huggies Pull-Ups for me! I remember seeing commercials and commercials watching with younger cousins and I loved the characters and the colors compared to normal diapers. I never had them because I potty trained quick and went straight out of diapers. I wish I started buying and getting into it earlier cause I missed out on wearing some of the older princess designs. Wearing the new princess ones right now though, so you lose some you win some.

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s and BobbiSueEllen
The first Diaper I truly remember was a Pampers Boys Large Blue Diaper, with the pinstripes. I think I was 10 years old. I had to wear them for a whole week at my sitters house. The diaper I fell in love with most though was the late 90's Luvs size 6 with Barney on them.

Attachments

• Phases.jpg
    Phases.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Luvs 6.jpg
    Luvs 6.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
Ground Zero for me was Goodnites. They were the older army/camo and striped ones. I had them because I had a uti (If I so recall correctly) and was on the brink of having accidents. Hooked ever since....

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
MikeDJ said:
I thought of taking one but there were only a few and I was worried my aunt would notice one less. So I put it back, It was those all white Pampers that really turned me on to liking diapers.
I'd have loved to get my hands on one of those also. I was a 70's baby, but wore cloth--mostly. One day, when I was probably 7 or 8 years old, we were getting ready to go on a bike ride, and Mom dug out an old bike bag to put our picnic lunch in. She opened it up and was mildly surprised to find one of those thick white Pampers diapers inside. "Wow. I'd occasionally put you and your sister in these Pampers when we were out and about. Guess I haven't used this bag for a while!" She set the diaper aside, we went on our bike ride, and when we got back I tried to find the diaper. Nothing. Gone. I never found it. I have a feeling I didn't do a very good job concealing my interest in it.

• Wow
Reactions: sinceiwassmall, BobbiSueEllen and DwarvenDL
They were mid 80's plastic backed huggies.

Reactions: Absorblock and BobbiSueEllen
Cottontail said:
Curity "Day/Night" prefolds. They're what I was diapered in as a baby, what my sister was diapered in after me, and what was left around the house to play with after we were potty-trained. Basically, for years after the urges hit, I would satisfy them by wearing the actual diapers I'd worn years before as a baby. By age 7, I was a pro at sneaking them from the box they were stored in and pinning them on. I'd often sleep in them. Couldn't use them for their intended purpose, but oh! was it ever heavenly just having those puffy Curity prefolds on my butt. When they no longer fit, I'd pin a couple together, or take elastic from an old pair of underwear and make pull-ups out of them.

I'm sure a few other older babies can share similar stories, as it was common for parents who used prefolds and flat diapers to keep them around, if not for a possible subsequent child, then for use as cleaning rags.

full

I love these particular Curity prefolds so much that I've been collecting them from eBay for some time, and have about 200 of them. I use them often as boosters in my larger cloth diapers, and even had a seamstress make me some fitted diapers from them a few years back. They didn't hold up, unfortunately. I might try again with a different design.

Anyway... Total Curity addict here, if that didn't make it obvious enough. ;)
I remember the curity preefolds with such fondness. Mom diapered me and my two younger sisters with them until we grew to big for them to fit and she switched to the larger size diapers. We had so many around the house. Mom continued to use them for me as soakers under my larger diapers when I was in my late teens and wet so much. I do recall her using them for dusting the furniture as well.

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu, BobbiSueEllen and Cottontail
Lyric said:
I do recall her using them for dusting the furniture as well.
Most of my old prefolds went into a box in the garage, but a dozen or so of them ended up in a rag bin in the kitchen, where they were used for any number of dusting or polishing chores. They had all kinds of related stains on them, but were still as soft and diapery as ever. On those rare occasions when I couldn't resist the urge to pee in a diaper, I'd wear the rag diapers from the kitchen, because I knew I could rinse them out and throw them into the laundry without mom getting suspicious.

White goodnites from early 2000s!

So hard to say where it started, but some of these pictures people are posting of single plastic-backed baby diapers that have had some time to breathe and fluff up a little… that’s triggering some memories on a visceral level. It’s the same feeling I get from seeing a stack of ABU Kiddos, hence my love for that diaper.

• Love
It's hard to pinpoint a single memory. I always knew I liked diapers but my DL phase really skyrocketed in my 30s which has also led to some AB behavior. The Bambino Classico diapers were probably the first ones that made me like "Oh wow, all I can think about is needing diapers right now"...waddling, crinkling, having an accident, you name it! Once I got diapers like LittleForBig Nursery blue, that started to bring out more AB behavior like using a paci or wanting to be checked and changed by a mommy.

• Love
Reactions: wettingagain and BobbiSueEllen
The old white attends with 6 solid blue tapes.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273, Deleted member 47221 and BobbiSueEllen
dltyty said:
The first Diaper I truly remember was a Pampers Boys Large Blue Diaper, with the pinstripes. I think I was 10 years old. I had to wear them for a whole week at my sitters house. The diaper I fell in love with most though was the late 90's Luvs size 6 with Barney on them.
Those Luvs pinstripe diapers. Those were considered a fashion diaper when I was a kid and as a 5 year old I was so freaking jealous of the younger kids who got to wear them. Like people dressed their kids so that you could see the thing.

I wager that if Pampers/Luvs decided to reproduce that design today(even in cloth) they would get rave reviews.

Reactions: Spidermanbatman, Weatheronthe8s and BobbiSueEllen
Definitely pull ups, I didn't know at the time but my little sister had these adorable pink princess pull ups that I desperately wanted to wear, but I wasn't discreet enough so my mom hid them.

• Wow
It was as an adult. I like to wet my pants, then at some point I was curious if these off the shelf adult pull ups worked. I'm not IC just DL. So..I tried one on and wet it. I could not believe it - it not only did what it was intended to do - but I was awed by all the sensations/the warmth/the feelings - they were incredible. I had no idea. That's when I realized that not only did I like the pull-ups , I would probably like diapers. I went to a medical supply store, got a couple of samples and thoroughly enjoyed wetting them. I then found you could buy on line-up so did that for awhile. I was hooked! Then stopped because of cost. I've now returned and have enjoyed wearing for the last 4 months (or so). I may have to quit again because of cost... but right now I have a small supply. :)

Today I was working and needed to go the bathroom.....but instead of using the toilet ....I had an overwhelming strong urge to wet a diaper...so I did. I put one on as quick as I could and enjoyed. The desire was very strong- I wanted my diaper on me. I couldn't resist.

Reactions: WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
redbullfiend said:
The old white attends with 6 solid blue tapes.
If my memory serves there was also a small batch of waistband-style Attends sposies which featured 6 plain white tabs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abdlchriscrinkle said:
They were mid 80's plastic backed huggies.
and their big Depend cousins! 🥰

anned said:
old attends, with the micro-pore (plastic) top sheet stuffed with infant disposables around 1979.
1979 was Attends' first year of production.

Speaking of fanfold sposies, there was a box of Thrifty overnights which caught my attention. Unfortunately I wasn't able to identify the manufacturer's ID to determine if they were made by P&G or another sposie maker.

s-l1600-4~115.jpg

Back