Favorite Vintage Pampers?

BobbiSueEllen said:
Luvs used Oxford stripes for boys and pink roses for girls, both on white plastic. Huggies had "Huggies for Him/Her", but when that also fizzled, they came up with diapers called "Huggies Unisex", with the acquisition patch longer, from front-to-middle. 🥳

These sposies were Luvs Deluxes, offered in 4 different sizes. Superseded by Luvs Phases in the early 1990s.

EUuEEAWXkAICxkq

Cnuhc4qVYAU98ZG.jpg:large

Luvs Phases was discontinued in 1997 during the transition to cloth backing and replaced by Luvs Ultra Leakguards featuring Barney designs.

The XL size was introduced in 1986, designed for larger babies and heavy wetters.

2b423f4be5ad5533da85c5de449b0784.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Deleted member 77437, Pampers4Ever, pampersguy827 and 2 others
JoeMusic1976 said:
Yeah I remember the TV commercial (which I was always on the lookout for *g*).
Boys get wet in the front and girls get wet in the middle.
In reality it was a marketing coup, because now if you had both boy and girl
at home, you'd be convinced to buy two packs of diapers, one for each.
Of course one can argue that sibling are never the same size unless they're twins,
I will say that we never had more than one pack of diapers at home.
I was a scrawny kid and fit my brother's diapers just fine until he was out of them
while I still was diapered for bed. So mom bought the largest diapers she could get
just for my skinny butt.

It happened to be Pampers at first, but later on it was some other brand.
But we still called them "Pampers", whether they were actual Pampers or not. ;-)

P&G used this TV advert for both Pampers and Luvs.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Many of us switched to Attends and never looked back.

s-l1600.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 77437, Pampers4Ever, Thalie and 3 others
BabyTweetyBird said:
Many of us switched to Attends and never looked back.

View attachment 55370
P&G Attends were my all-time fav diaper! Why they dropped them is both a mystery and a shame. :cry:

BobbiSueEllen said:
P&G Attends were my all-time fav diaper! Why they dropped them is both a mystery and a shame. :cry:

There are folks who sell these all-time favorites on eBay.

BabyTweetyBird said:
There are folks who sell these all-time favorites on eBay.
True, but not wise to use them for the price they go for. 😲

BobbiSueEllen said:
True, but not wise to use them for the price they go for. 😲

The COVID-19 outbreak's consequences are disastrous for the vintage diaper market as eBay tightened its price gouging policy. It's almost impossible to find such articles from Greek sellers on PicClick.

BabyTweetyBird said:
The COVID-19 outbreak's consequences are disastrous for the vintage diaper market as eBay tightened its price gouging policy. It's almost impossible to find such articles from Greek sellers on PicClick.
It depends on how you classify and describe your item. If you classify them as "Collectibles" and clarify the whole thing in the Description, it will be okay. Other than that, there's a zealot out there hyperclicking "Report" buttons because price-gouging on COVID-hoarded sundries has dropped dramatically, as we no longer have shortages.

Except lumber. There's the big one right now. :unsure:

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
BobbiSueEllen said:
It depends on how you classify and describe your item. If you classify them as "Collectibles" and clarify the whole thing in the Description, it will be okay. Other than that, there's a zealot out there hyperclicking "Report" buttons because price-gouging on COVID-hoarded sundries has dropped dramatically, as we no longer have shortages.

Except lumber. There's the big one right now. :unsure:

This explains in some sort why many legit sellers are seeing their eBay accounts banned. 🤨

BabyTweetyBird said:
This explains in some sort why many legit sellers are seeing their eBay accounts banned. 🤨
Shortly after this pandemic started, I saw a proliferation of price-gouging on eBay and Craigslist...

...but back to eBay: after seeing TP, PT, diapers, wipes and soaps selling for outrageous prices, I phoned eBay's Utah location and eventually got to a rep, who told me their office was overwhelmed and that they simply did not have the employee power due to local and corporate social-distancing ordinance issues. He was very aware of the issue and asked for my help, as they had automated the Report feature to compensate. So I assisted them one afternoon, reporting well over 300 listings for price-gouging...and there was still many to go.

Do you know of anyone who was banned? Have they appealed? That can be done. I'm sure eBay would take things into proportion and due consideration; after all, these items aren't Space Shuttle Columbia debris, such was as dozens of eBay account holders tried to sell as they found debris across the southwest US, from New Mexico to near Florida in early 2003. Those who tried selling the debris had their listings & accounts locked and were banned for life...and rightly so. Those who bid on the debris had their accounts locked and everyone involved were reported to the FBI.

Last edited:
Fluffydoves said:
Had a majority of baby diapers switched to cloth by the late ‘90s?

Yep, of course!

Reactions: Deleted member 53140 and BobbiSueEllen
Reactions: Deleted member 53140
Now that I have mastered stuffing abu sdk's with power up boosters the sdk's feel like, look like and act like true pampers baby dry's maybe I'll start calling them size: Walker 4's lol

Reactions: Deleted member 56273, JoeMusic1976, WillFord384 and 1 other person
pampers4U said:
Now that I have mastered stuffing abu sdk's with power up boosters the sdk's feel like, look like and act like true pampers baby dry's maybe I'll start calling them size: Walker 4's lol
Buy a bag of original Attends with waistbands and put some SDK stickers on them! 😍

BabyTweetyBird said:
Buy a bag of original Attends with waistbands and put some SDK stickers on them! 😍
For only a few hundred bucks... 😲 :cry:

• Sad
BobbiSueEllen said:
For only a few hundred bucks... 😲 :cry:
My apologies, I was just kiddin'.

I know it's very sad that P&G sold the whole Attends business... :oops:

Frankly... I thought it would be very nice having a bunch of creative ideas.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
BabyTweetyBird said:
Babylino Sensitive looks pretty close.

bl_sc_no7_18.png

Had to repost the picture because Mega Disposables renamed the uploaded image resulting to a broken link. 😫

Here's the photo with the updated URL:

blsc_sensi_no7_21.png

Reactions: Deleted member 77437 and WillFord384
Peaudouce wasn't the only diaper manufacturer in France and Belgium producing fanfold sposies, there are other French makers who came up into the scene with similar products as suggested by this Calines printed ad from 1980.

846881664997bfd97149dbdbc7855053.jpg

Reactions: Deleted member 77437
Back