Favorite Vintage Pampers?

Top left 90’s would say are my favorite. But 2006-2009 was when I was able to buy them on my own. So I’d say those two.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
For many of us the period between 1961 and 1999 is regarded as a golden era for P&G and other major sposie makers.

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers and BobbiSueEllen
BabyTweetyBird said:
For many of us the period between 1961 and 1999 is regarded as a golden era for P&G and other major sposie makers.
Well, that all 'Depends': for us older Pampers babies, that ended in the spring of 1985 when fanfold diapers gave way to hourglass diapers. 😲 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: 70sPampers
BobbiSueEllen said:
Well, that all 'Depends': for us older Pampers babies, that ended in the spring of 1985 when fanfold diapers gave way to hourglass diapers. 😲 🤔

Indeed but this change occurred in North America. Europe stayed with fanfold sposies until the 2nd half of 1986.

Hourglass style was already present in the 1970s with Luvs and Huggies pionneering the trend which become an industry standard in the mid-1980s.

Last edited by a moderator:
@chrisw75 Wow your collection looks amazing. Yes, if you could post individual pics of the Pampers Phases walker diapers, that would be great.

• Love
Reactions: babybobby, Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
BabyTweetyBird said:
Yes exactly because the plastic backed Pampers were better on leaks and plus the crinkly noise was the main reason I loved wearing Pampers and wore them till age 7

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, Deleted member 56273 and BobbiSueEllen
  • Love
Reactions: Sidewinder, 70sPampers, littledreamers333 and 3 others
Fluffydoves said:
Was late 1999 the end of this era?

You're right as many major sposie makers switched to cloth after the turn of the century.

Cyprus-based Linette continued offering their baby sposies with the crinkly plastic backing until 2003.

Reactions: 70sPampers, BobbiSueEllen and (deleted member)
BobbiSue's all-time favorite! An old orange box of Pampers Super fanfolds before the introduction of stay-dry elastic gathers & resealable tabs.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, littledreamers333, WillFord384 and 2 others
Fluffydoves said:
Was it that most baby diapers had already switched to cloth in the late 90s and the last remaining brands followed suit in the early months of 2000?

Yep.

Reactions: Deleted member 53140 and BobbiSueEllen
I would say a good 99%. LoL

Seriously though the number is pretty high. Plastic backed were getting hard to find around this time in major stores. Usually you would have to go find a bargain brand somewhere in an oddball shop or convenience store.

• Haha
Joediaper said:
I would say a good 99%. LoL

Seriously though the number is pretty high. Plastic backed were getting hard to find around this time in major stores. Usually you would have to go find a bargain brand somewhere in an oddball shop or convenience store.
Nope. Pampers BabyDry and Luvs together were outselling Huggies...and they were plastic at that time.

Seriously? I wasn't buying any during that time because all the big brands were cloth backed. Or so I thought. I should have done a bit more research back then.

• Thinking
Not all big brands followed the suit.

A very few sposie makers continued offering plastic-backed sposies until 2003.

Once the stock left overs were gone in their warehouse they immediately switched to cloth.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I've never worn Babylino diapers, never been to Greece. The only foreign country I've ever been to was Canada and the only disposable diaper I ever got put in as a baby was Pampers.

As a teen, I wore both fanfold Pampers and generic diapers folded like fanfold Pampers...generics were very big in the early '80s, they were product packaged in white with black lettering that could say "BEER", "BREAD", "DIAPERS" or the like. It was a fun time...wearing diapers made it more fun!

Then early '85 hit, Pampers went hourglass, I ended up back "in the diaper bag" until I got Attends in 1988. 🥰

Attachments

• e31e945389765eb067c7e9afeb9cbee1.jpg
    e31e945389765eb067c7e9afeb9cbee1.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Love
Reactions: Pampers4Ever, Deleted member 56273, 70sPampers and 2 others
These are by far my favorite diapers I've ever worn

• Love
I so, so wish they still made fanfold Pampers...and fanfold, thick adult diapers, too. I miss 'em badly. 😢

• Love
Reactions: 70sPampers, Deleted member 56273 and Cavvet8993
Back