Favorite little girl cartoons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Growing up whenever I was alone and they were on, I’d watch She-Ra and Jem and the Holigrams. I loved them but I couldn’t let my siblings or parents catch me. Oh and The Care Bears. When I was single, I slept with one.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
jem and the holograms

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
StrawberryPan said:
I freakin love nyanko days lol. Read the manga!! its everything the anime should have been.

I just rewatched that, and I always forget how cute and hilarious it is until I actually rewatch it. It was a really well-written show. They dont make cartoons like they used to. PPG rocks. I also watched the 2016 series after, and while its definitely not as good (too much memey cartoon crap) i still think it was really cute. Blossom is perhaps even cuter in her 2016 form, if such a thing is even possible lol.

Before PPG I rewatched sofia the first. Really is a great show, although I hate how they always have to burst into some stupid song lol. But sofia is such a good, good girl she makes up for it ^^
They burst into song because that's the Disney way
BabyHailey1977 said:
Growing up whenever I was alone and they were on, I’d watch She-Ra and Jem and the Holigrams. I loved them but I couldn’t let my siblings or parents catch me. Oh and The Care Bears. When I was single, I slept with one.
Oh I remember care bears. I used to like the more "gentle" cartoons as a kid and didn't like all of the more "boyish" ones. I found them quite harsh and transparent really. I didn't see this as boy/girl stuff though, just as a preference. I also used to like sci-fi at a young age. I remember watching the reruns of old black and white Dr who films during school holidays, for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2, BabyHailey1977 and mistykitty
I just rewatched the PPG episode where the girls have a new neighbor move in nextdoor and whenever they try to have fun and play together the girls have to go fly off and save the day
I really like the song in that episode
Its called signal in the sky, by the apples
Check it out its cute ^^
It has a sort of 60s vibe I guess cause the people making the cartoons back then were 60s kids
Oh and then theres that episode with the crazy clown who gets hit by a truck of bleach and ends up becoming a black and white evil mime and then the girls save his soul and everyone elses with a song, i love that one lol.
LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND!!

Attachments

• 894v.gif
    894v.gif
    154.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: mistykitty
StrawberryPan said:
I just rewatched the PPG episode where the girls have a new neighbor move in nextdoor and whenever they try to have fun and play together the girls have to go fly off and save the day
I really like the song in that episode
Its called signal in the sky, by the apples
Check it out its cute ^^
It has a sort of 60s vibe I guess cause the people making the cartoons back then were 60s kids
Oh and then theres that episode with the crazy clown who gets hit by a truck of bleach and ends up becoming a black and white evil mime and then the girls save his soul and everyone elses with a song, i love that one lol.
LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND!!
Love that version of the powerpfuff girls! The new neighbor episode is great because it's like the 4 of them become even better friends because she didn't know about their powers. The song is great but I know their heros but it's very sad that they kept getting pulled away from their new friend. Love makes the world go round has to be my favorite song from that series I can listen to it repeatedly for a while. The unfortunate thing about that episode is that Rainbow the Clown was not evil until the bleach spilled on him but on the other hand he did hurt everyone but Bubbles after so they couldn't exactly not punish him for that. You know if people applied Love Makes the World Go Round to stuff they did things would probably be a lot better.

MLP and from my childhood the 90's Powerpuff Girls.

Reactions: mistykitty
mistykitty said:
You know if people applied Love Makes the World Go Round to stuff they did things would probably be a lot better.
I have been thinking this my whole life >_<
I think, some people just have nice aversion, and get scared by nice things. its so sad.
My mom is one of them, I once tried to watch some nice ghibli films with her once and she was visibly distressed by them, I had to stop after ponyo, she is used to awful 'investigative' tv shows about people being raped and murdered, and cops and other gross things, its sad, i cant believe there are even people out there like that let alone my own mother, but anyways..

Ok its not exactly a kids show but recently I have been watching through Bunnicula cause I'm in the autumnally spooky spirit and Its really fun, I've been loving it

StrawberryPan said:
I have been thinking this my whole life >_<
I think, some people just have nice aversion, and get scared by nice things. its so sad.
My mom is one of them, I once tried to watch some nice ghibli films with her once and she was visibly distressed by them, I had to stop after ponyo, she is used to awful 'investigative' tv shows about people being raped and murdered, and cops and other gross things, its sad, i cant believe there are even people out there like that let alone my own mother, but anyways..

Ok its not exactly a kids show but recently I have been watching through Bunnicula cause I'm in the autumnally spooky spirit and Its really fun, I've been loving it
Unfortunately exactly what some of my family and some others I know are like. I'm watching movies, cartoons, travel shows, and cooking stuff but they're watching stuff with violence, crime, and other things. It just unfortunately seems that some thrive on negative stuff and are uncomfortable with positive stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back