Ever Talk to Your Mom about Diapers?

BusyBritches

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I'm just curious: How many of you have ever had a conversation with your mom about when you were a baby in diapers messing your pants?

My mom is now in her late 70s, but a few years ago we talked on the phone and I told her of my love of diapers and I asked her detailed questions about when I was a baby and she was wiping and powdering my bottom. 🤭

Some of the things I learned when I talked to my mom.......

I always pooped after a bottle.
"About 10 minutes after a bottle and you were filling your pants."🤭

I loved to have my bottom powdered.
"You always pulled back your legs and got so excited when I reached for the baby powder. You loved it when I powdered your bottom."🤭

Anyway, those are just some of the things I learned about my infancy when I talked to my mom.

Anyone else? :unsure:

I'm afraid I had to talk to my mom about diapers when she found mine. It was a very unpleasant, embarrassing experience. She actually knew about infantalism but using the word was even stranger. It really points to the fact that not only do you like to wear and wet diapers, but that you are also an adult baby, though I guess I was a teen baby during that period. She sent me to see a psychiatrist and I had to talk to him about it as well. This was before the internet so there was no support system, just me being convinced I was crazy.

• Sad
Reactions: BusyBritches
BusyBritches said:
I'm just curious: How many of you have ever had a conversation with your mom about when you were a baby in diapers messing your pants?
Probably, when you're 2-3 you just get chatty, don't recall much of it though

My mom is now in her late 70s, but a few years ago we talked on the phone and I told her of my love of diapers and I asked her detailed questions about when I was a baby and she was wiping and powdering my bottom. 🤭
Some of the things I learned when I talked to my mom.......

I always pooped after a bottle.
"About 10 minutes after a bottle and you were filling your pants."🤭

I loved to have my bottom powdered.
"You always pulled back your legs and got so excited when I reached for the baby powder. You loved it when I powdered your bottom."🤭

Anyway, those are just some of the things I learned about my infancy when I talked to my mom.

Anyone else? :unsure:

I told my mom before she passed about my diaper wearing, I'd have never asked these kinds of questions though as that would have been even more awkward

I have never asked those questions; my mom already makes things awkward enough asking me Diaper related questions when I would really prefer to just enjoy my diapers without being bothered about it.

O yes

My mom and I talked about my liking diapers but she's not supportive of my liking them.
She does know she caused it and I don't blame her.
But I can't ask those types of questions.
Being an adult she threw out all my baby things and violated my privacy.

• Sad
foxkits said:
My mom and I talked about my liking diapers but she's not supportive of my liking them.
She does know she caused it and I don't blame her.
But I can't ask those types of questions.
Being an adult she threw out all my baby things and violated my privacy.
I'm sorry your mom did that to you. :(

As for the questions.... I loved asking them because as my mom walked down "memory lane" I was walking with her, actually re-living my infancy as she told me details about my time in diapers as a baby. At least, that was my experience.

The last time I visited my mom I had some diapers shipped to her home because we were flying and didn't have room in our luggage. So I had to come clean and told her about the package that was coming. While I was there we talked about my need of diapers and she thought that I was having some incontinence issues but I told her that I wasn't and just liked wearing diapers. I told that for now I'm wear diapers 24/7, that I've liked wearing them my whole life and wore them when I was a kid and during my growing up years. She said she had no idea that I was wearing diapers growing up and was ok with me liking diapers. The worst part is mom is getting older has memory issues so the next time if visit her we will likely have to have this same conversation again.

rileyroo said:
The last time I visited my mom I had some diapers shipped to her home because we were flying and didn't have room in our luggage. So I had to come clean and told her about the package that was coming. While I was there we talked about my need of diapers and she thought that I was having some incontinence issues but I told her that I wasn't and just liked wearing diapers. I told that for now I'm wear diapers 24/7, that I've liked wearing them my whole life and wore them when I was a kid and during my growing up years. She said she had no idea that I was wearing diapers growing up and was ok with me liking diapers. The worst part is mom is getting older has memory issues so the next time if visit her we will likely have to have this same conversation again.

I'm sorry rileyroo. Memory loss in a loved one really hurts. My grandmother experienced that. When I'd visit her, she thought I was my dad and I'd just play along, not to upset her. She was a lovely person.

I've never talked with my mom about liking diapers, though I've lately suspected that she, and maybe my dad, knew about it while I was still at home. I pretty much always had diapers in my bedroom, and my hiding places all sucked.

But yes, the subject of diapers and potty-training did come up a number of times during my youth, and has come up a few times since. And it's from these (somewhat awkward) conversations that I learned approximately when I'd been potty-trained and what had instigated it. It was a classic "last straw" scenario: As Mom tells it, I was playing right in front of her, paused, pooped in my diaper, and then matter-of-factly told her that I needed to be changed. She was like, "That't IT!" and within two weeks, I was wearing diapers only at night. That was shortly before I turned three.

I was also told of a time when, after pooping, I took my diaper off, tried unsuccessfully to clean myself up, and then proceeded to climb around on one of the chairs in the living room, thoroughly poop-ifying it in the process. I was probably six or seven years old when I was first told that story, and at that time the chair I'd made a mess of was still in the living room. I was immediately uncomfortable with the idea of sitting in it, though of course there were no remaining visible signs of my messy misadventure. Despite liking diapers, I was a rather neat and germophobic kid.

Last edited:
I came out to my mother telling her about my long years of liking and buying diapers. It actually went amazingly well and she was extremely supportive. She doesnt even care if i wear one as long as its in private

With my situation it’s a bit different. I went back into diapers at 17 when I was bedbound with a chronic illness, because I struggled to make it to the toilet, and my mum was understanding about it. But this only lasted for six months as I was then able to get out of bed, after that I just wore at night.

However, while I was at university, I began to start having bladder control issues, and I tried to hide them at first, but by the time I graduated I was back in pull-ups, and my mum thought I was being lazy at first, but then she started coming with me to urologist appointments and she realised that my incon was due to nerve damage and then she was much more supportive, particularly when they started talking about Botox injections or an indwelling catheter, and since then she prefers me to wear diapers to stay dry, instead of taking more drastic action.

We don’t talk about it much though, as I handle all aspects of my incontinence myself, and I don’t see the need to tell her about my DL side. It wouldn’t change anything if I did.

Breathe Deep, Seek Peace
Dinotopian2002

I talked to my Mother about nappies when I was made to wear them in my teens because I still wet the bed.

My mom told me that I was difficult to potty train and I used to like to ask to be diapered and then go in her closet and poop in it when I was about 4. I instantly remembered this happening when I heard her tell me this.

Years ago I talked to my mom about when I was diapered as a baby. She told me I originally didn't seem to like or hate diapers either way, it was just a normal part of my life. Then one day at about 2-1/2 it was like a switch and I wanted to potty train. I did so quickly, and with very few accidents thereafter. My guess is something triggered me to try and "grow up" before I was truly ready, so that's why I had wanted to go back to diapers ever since.

Edit, I should probably mention I did also once have a vivid dream. I has having my diaper changed by my father. At one point he carressed/rubbed the inside of my leg. Not in a sexual way at all, but it still creeped me out badly. I knew right then I had to potty train so he could never do that again. I then stood up and punched him in the face real hard. I could even feel his jaw break under my fist, and watched as his face contorted. Then I woke up. So yeah, that dream needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

My mother told me she didn't like to change diapers and claims she had me trained by 9 months, my sis and brother came a year later and two years later and were in diapers untill 3 and 3 1/2, but would not put me back in them even when i asked.

It became something of a pattern up until my early teens for me to ask for pull ups whenever I wasn’t at home. (So like vacation, summer camps, sleepovers, etc.)

That was the only time it felt like justification to wear exceeded the embarrassment of wearing around my sibling.

Back