Ever been in a straitjacket?

gterriley

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I was looking around on Etsy recently for some mittens and stumbled on this shop which sells a variety of different things. The ones that piqued my interest were the straitjackets. Has anyone ever been put in one, and if so, are they comfy and how secure are they? Because I feel like being locked up in one on a Sunday and being taken care of would be so fun.

Attachments

• IMG_3887.jpeg
    IMG_3887.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Love
Reactions: oldskool, MegaLugia, medfet878 and 4 others
It would be an experience... I guess...

Reactions: medfet878 and gterriley
Isn't life a straight jacket?😜😜😜

• Haha
Reactions: oldskool, MegaLugia, medfet878 and 7 others
It would definitely be a little scary and thrilling all at once.

Reactions: oldskool, medfet878, gterriley and 3 others
I've always been a little curious to try one too! I think I could houdini out of one? I've escaped from handcuffs lots of times 😄

Reactions: medfet878 and Seasonedcitizen
My real encounters with restraints may color my response. I'll just say that I haven't for fun.

Reactions: oldskool, medfet878 and Prillprillprill
Always wanted a go of one

Reactions: MegaLugia, medfet878, gterriley and 1 other person
I actually like the idea of being forced into submission and then cared for, but I'm not sure if there's a way to accomplish that while avoiding my fear of restraint. I think being put in a straitjacket would be really traumatic for me. I'll be lying in bed sometimes and it will occur to me that my arm or leg might be caught in the sheets, and I'll feel an urgent need to prove to myself that I'm able to move freely. I'm not sure, but I think this might stem from an incident in my youth (I think I was four years old) when I'd gotten hurt and required stitches in my forehead, and the doctors used a papoose board to immobilize me. I have only the vaguest memory of that, but both Mom and Dad have said they felt awful about it, and that I was completely terrified.

Reactions: Floodingpants, medfet878, littleph0enix and 4 others
I would kinda want it to be like this picture
1706284029628.png

• Love
Reactions: MegaLugia, medfet878, LittleRugrat45 and 1 other person
I was put in a straight jacket once to protect myself and others , it is a terrible feeling being very claustrophobic It made me seem more violent then I think I was at the time, this was many many years ago. I have never wished to repeat it.
Cottontail said:
I think being put in a straitjacket would be really traumatic for me. I'll be lying in bed sometimes and it will occur to me that my arm or leg might be caught in the sheets, and I'll feel an urgent need to prove to myself that I'm able to move freely.
I am the same way and am always kicking the bed covers off first thing when I get in bed, my feet have to be out in the air.

Reactions: medfet878 and Cottontail
chamberpot said:
I was put in a straight jacket once to protect myself and others , it is a terrible feeling being very claustrophobic It made me seem more violent then I think I was at the time, this was many many years ago. I have never wished to repeat it.

I am the same way and am always kicking the bed covers off first thing when I get in bed, my feet have to be out in the air.
Yea, I don’t like to be restricted by bedding material. I have to be able to move my legs and arms freely. Which is also why I don’t like to sleep with pajamas cuz they get all twisted and restrictive.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and chamberpot
I have one: I love it. It's less heavy duty than the one shown in the picture, but it's very hard to escape from. One of my favourite forms of "downtime" is to be confined in the straitjacket, done up as tightly as it will go, and blindfolded or hooded as well, for a couple of hours.

• Wow
Reactions: oldskool, MegaLugia, gterriley and 3 others
The submissive’s ultimate goal. To be kept helpless until your partner gets tired of it.

Reactions: oldskool, gterriley, RachelOlivia and 1 other person
Well, I can say I see two sides here.

1= If you are/were put into a strairjacket unwillingly or even convinced into one for real use, to keep you contained or to settle you down, that the experiance would most likely not be any sorta fun and most likely never want a repeat.

2= If you got into one with a friend/so/caregiver you'd be in a different state of mind and being cared for and might enjoy the lack of control and the physical compression of the straitjacket.

I have had experiance with my ex and a straitjacket many times, and it can be a fun and/or relaxing experiance in the right setting, especially if you trust them, which i say is a must.

That said, getting out of a strait jacket is possible depending mostly on the straitjacket and/or the application of it. If you have a "real" straitjacket (medical(posey etc.) or not(MaxCita etc.)), and the straps are done upproperly, you wont likely be getting out of it. A proper one has crotch straps to keep it coing up, arm loops to keep arms from going over head, small arm holes and not any strech.
They are available in many "Play" types as well, being not built well and also even gimmicked for escape artists.

That said, like handcuffs, or any other restraint the setting/use will make the whole ordeal good or bad. I'd assume that being handcuffed and hauled into jail isnt fun, but being handcuffed and hauled into the bedroom easily can be. Same device different use and setting.

That also said, as always be careful and do with someone you trust for sure. Even so far as if there is ANY reservation in trust to either not do it or at minimum schedule somone to checkup on you. Be safe!

Reactions: gterriley and Seasonedcitizen
I have my car seat for that!

• Wow
Reactions: longallsboy, gterriley, Bigbabybret and 1 other person
I love wearing my jacket :)

Reactions: MegaLugia and gterriley
Nope. Body autonomy is still as important to me now as it was as a child. I loathed being confined or told what I cant have or do and it only got exponentially worse with age. Not something I could ever derive any kind of enjoyment out of even in consensual play. And if someone attempted non consensual, well... in pace requiescat.

Last edited:
Reactions: MegaLugia, longallsboy, gterriley and 1 other person
I love restraining stuff. Straitjacket never had opportunity to try but may be some day...

Reactions: MegaLugia, gterriley, diaperdude and 1 other person
The thing I like about a straitjacket is that it prevents me playing with my genitals, something I always want to do when I'm little. I also recently acquired some bondage sleeves, which are like mittens which extend all the way over the arms, and clip together, behind or in front of the body. I find this feels even more confining than a straitjacket. Yesterday my caregiver imprisoned me in these, and try as I might, I couldn't play with myself. I also couldn't tell whether my caregiver was watching me or not, because I was blindfolded. :eek:

Straitjacket talk reminds me of a spoof advert for parenting aids:
A small cage. "Don't limit your child's playing. Limit his space. Inviolable lock, only opens with your keys."
A straitjacket. "Easy to put on. Hard to escape from."
A high chair and table, with straps for restraining the arms and legs. "Prevent those unwanted kicks."
A ball and chain. "No more running around the house."
I've seen the straitjacket with a Christian slogan added: "Hands are for praying, not ringing the Devil's doorbell".

• Wow
Reactions: longallsboy and Seasonedcitizen
I don't think so.
I can't get away from the scary medical use. Tho I've never been put in one I have been on a psych ward so it just feels a little too real.
They didn't use straight jackets there tho just rapid tranq. Funnily enough I haven't stoped enjoying tranquillisers. Lol

Back