Embracing the 24/7 wearing lifestyle?

bobbilly

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm diagnosed with an intellectual disability and also diagnosed with a severe mental illness for which I take potent antipsychotics. I already get a support package and I live in a group home with other people who have disabilities. My care team know about my ''incontinence'' issues and I always wear in front of people with no problems but I am discreet. My housemates know I wear nappies, there is no problem with that.

I have embraced the mental disability side to my life and am happy with this aspect. I like being perceived as disabled.

I want to wear nappies 24/7 and become dependent on them. I already have mild IC issues and post micturition dribble and I'm able to pee at the slightest urge without clenching my sphincter muscles. My bladder is defiantly more sensitive and if not wearing a nappy a night I need to go pee two times during the night.

I don't think it'll take too much before I'm incontinent.

The thing is I have binge/purge cycles and can never reach long periods of wearing 24/7 and I lose interest in wearing. How can I wear without losing interest?

Also because I'm diagnosed with a intellectual disability if/when I become incontinent will people perceive me as less able them I actually am?

I like the thought of being disabled and I am down as disabled as I do get a large support package.

Reactions: Napincolove
After wearing 24/7 for a while now. I understand where you are coming from. I to become less interested in wearing from time to time. Best thing to do is to switch up what you are wearing. I have moderate IC as well and have to wearing most of the time. I do wear tap style diapers the majority of the time and enjoy them but there does come a time and place that I switch to a thinner pull-up style diaper for a while to give myself a break.

You may give them a try.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, joemama and bobbilly
Get different designs. For work/day time I have medical white and for nights I have my abdl diapers of different capacities and styles to fit my mood and how late I change. I would getting a variety to have in hand so it doesn’t get stale. Also try not to binge at first and get what you need and slowly add to your stock pile so there isn’t an urge to purge as you only have what you need. I also will go a night periodically where instead of wearing a diaper I wear boxers so I can get a break a little. By the time I wake up I want back in a diaper ASAP.

Reactions: Crinkleboy, checkingoutall and bobbilly
For being intellectually disabled you write extraordinarily well. Congratulations!

• Sad
Reactions: VanHelsing, Zeke, Napincolove and 1 other person
I dont know if im "losing interest" but sometimes im wondering if this is worth it and why im doing this. Switching up my diaper isnt really a solution for me but thinking about the comfort, secure feeling that it gave me is somewhat helpful, helps me a lot with coping with my mentall illness. Also im quite sure my bladder is shrinking drastically already, i cant hold much anymore and bathroom is a long walk, so this also helps me keep wearing.

Reactions: bobbilly and checkingoutall
Frungie said:
For being intellectually disabled you write extraordinarily well. Congratulations!
I have the same issue. Although the words take time to formulate and put on paper, it does take time. This is why i prefer media like this. I can take my time to type and edit what i want to say.

Reactions: chiaochai and bobbilly
I'm exactly the same LilABDei. Thank you for your input.... I can take my time and write what I want to say here... I often feel like I don't come across well when I verbalise things in front of people.

Well your situation kind of sounds similar to mine, I live in an assisted living facility because I am blind, not completely blind and I do have some independent abilities, like cooking my own food and going out and about into town, like riding the bus and taking taxis to places. Walking around can still be a bit of a challenge for me. I do have a rather obvious disability and the environment that I live in lens itself to being able to more easily wear diapers on a 24/7 basis, even though I may not need them like that, it definitely makes my life a hell of a lot easier. I do have some minor to moderate incontinence And do you need them for that, so there is some reason for them. The amount of times per during a 24 hour period is just ridiculous, and the occasional dribbling and accidents, however reminder they may be are annoying enough. And if I wasn’t wearing diapers at night I wouldn’t get a whole lot of sleep and then also there is the potential for nighttime accidents too. No in the before times when I would go out and about in town, or to work my part time job a lot. I definitely needed diapers during the day because I couldn’t guarantee you that I would be able to get to a bathroom on time or be able to find one on my own very easily. Using a white cane for travel just slows down your mobility incredibly. For somebody like me who has a little warning of having to use the bathroom, Diapers become a necessity for me to feel like I still have the independence of being able to get around on my own.
Basically what it comes down to is that if Diapers make my life that much easier I don’t care if people perceive me as disabled, the level of disability that they think does not matter because I’m already in that category anyways so it doesn’t really matter. I’m sorry for any mistakes and typing, I was using voice to text as this is the easiest way for me to type.

Reactions: Dinotopian2002 and bobbilly
i was born 1lb 1/2 at birth 24 weeks early retinopathy of Prematurity and scarring of the retina as well as Astigmatism movement of eyes back in fourth.

i wear glasses or contact lenses hella expensive..

how about u nick ? what is your eye disease ?

u said you still have sight?
I am blind but not enough to get blind pension ...
ive held many jobs my last was armed security. i have cp but u wouldn't notice since i did physical therapy alot as a kid..
i wear at night bedwetting and sleep apnea.

glasses correct my vision just not good enough to drive

I've been to portland or. 2015 :) I'm surprised u don't go into independent living companion model style of living I'm sure they have services like that in maine.

how old are u? im 32

inthedark said:
I dont know if im "losing interest" but sometimes im wondering if this is worth it and why im doing this. Switching up my diaper isnt really a solution for me but thinking about the comfort, secure feeling that it gave me is somewhat helpful, helps me a lot with coping with my mentall illness. Also im quite sure my bladder is shrinking drastically already, i cant hold much anymore and bathroom is a long walk, so this also helps me keep wearing.
have u seen a therapist to talk?
i have depression.. how bout u?

furry121 said:
have u seen a therapist to talk?
i have depression.. how bout u?
I have a therapist, ive went there since like 2018, and so far ive never got the courage to tell. ive been thinking more about telling but im just scared of the judgement that ill get from, and scared itll change some things, not quite sure what. in the old time it used to be just for pleasure but as time goes it changes more into sense of comfort, security and judt overall coping with my problems. as for the mental illness, i got quite the bundle. depression, anxiety and personality disorder

Last edited:
bobbilly said:
I'm diagnosed with an intellectual disability and also diagnosed with a severe mental illness for which I take potent antipsychotics. I already get a support package and I live in a group home with other people who have disabilities. My care team know about my ''incontinence'' issues and I always wear in front of people with no problems but I am discreet. My housemates know I wear nappies, there is no problem with that.

I have embraced the mental disability side to my life and am happy with this aspect. I like being perceived as disabled.

I want to wear nappies 24/7 and become dependent on them. I already have mild IC issues and post micturition dribble and I'm able to pee at the slightest urge without clenching my sphincter muscles. My bladder is defiantly more sensitive and if not wearing a nappy a night I need to go pee two times during the night.

I don't think it'll take too much before I'm incontinent.

The thing is I have binge/purge cycles and can never reach long periods of wearing 24/7 and I lose interest in wearing. How can I wear without losing interest?

Also because I'm diagnosed with a intellectual disability if/when I become incontinent will people perceive me as less able them I actually am?

I like the thought of being disabled and I am down as disabled as I do get a large support package.
I suffer from intellectual and physical disabilitiy and IC myself I wear cloth nappies and plastic pants 24/7. I have never lost any interest i in wearing them as I love wearing them. I have been wearing Cloth nappies and Plastic pants now for 23 years

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbilly
Whilst I haven't fully committed to being in diapers/nappies 24/7 I can see it happening as my incontinence problems aren't going away any time soon.

For those who don't know I wear diapers because I used to have epilepsy and although thankfully I haven't had a relapse for many decades

However it has permanently affected my bladder control and so I choose to be protected even though it does make me look like an over grown toddler at times.

Frungie said:
For being intellectually disabled you write extraordinarily well.
Indeed, a very good story-teller.

Reactions: Deleted member 40705
CrossfireDiaperHurricane said:
Indeed, a very good story-teller.
No I'm actually diagnosed with intellectual disabilities.

I think people without intellectual disabilities think people with intellectual disabilities are thick! My IQ has been tested as 69. I'm still able with this IQ!

bobbilly said:
No I'm actually diagnosed with intellectual disabilities.
If so, Albert Einstein is a retard. And he must spell like you. Who diagnosed you? You?

• Thinking
Reactions: Woncrinklz
Albert Einstein: Overcame Early School Challenges, Won Nobel ...
Einstein reportedly didn't speak until the age of two. As a child, he was prone to extreme temper tantrums and would throw things. He even threw a chair at a teacher once. When Einstein showed a speech delay, his concerned parents consulted a doctor.

Would this be what is now considered Asperger's? Intellectual expertises are connected with various forms of "Autism". :unsure:

There is a difference between intellectual disabilities and emotional disabilities. Being a "wannabe" incontinent might be an emotional disability.
Thinking, writing and spelling isn't a disability.

For myself personally speaking it's not just about being back as a baby or toddler again, although that would be nice as I would love to just press restart and go back to the beginning again as I lost alot of my innocence over the years and yes I've made one or more bad mistakes in life and have regrets just like anybody else I am only a human after all.

And yes I do like to regards back to a time in my previous life when everything was more simple and innocent when I didn't have to worry about anything other than being cared for by someone else and I loved that part of my life ,

but memories aside I have to get back on track with this subject talking of which recently I have come to the conclusion that I am getting to the point when I am wearing nappies/diapers more often then not as an adult,

And therefore at some point in the future will probably have to readjust my life to return to bring diapered 24/7, just like I was when I was a child all those years ago.

And quite frankly speaking I am not ashamed or even embarrassed to say that I have fully embraced this as I am a adult in his late 40's with genuine physical and emotional disabilities and therefore never really grew up, however I did have a mostly good childhood growing up a luxury few people have nowerdays so I was lucky in this respect.

However wearing nappies feels natural to me as they are already my preferred form of protection against potentially embarrassing accidents, plus it's a gateway to mynpadtbas I can feel safe and secure again whilst having padding between my legs and hips and knowing that I won't have anybooops moments and it's a great feeling.

So to sum up diapers/nappies where in my past and now they are in my future so essentially I've gone full circle and there's nothing wrong with this as I feel totally happy in this situation as my disabilities aren't going away any time soon and as I age my body is telling me that maybe I should never have been out of this form of underwear in the first place.

I hope this helps awnser your questions.

Last edited:
Back