Earliest memory in a diaper?

KCA said:
In your memory from when you were 3, were you wearing nappies during the day or only at night?

as far as I can tell I was wearing both day and night at 3, I had an issue with my hip and think it delayed training. I have memories of having accidents well after 3, but nappies did not seem like a big deal and don’t remember negatively around getting out of them. It was a different times too, nowadays people have so many pictures and can piece together their early childhood.

I have a few memories of my diaper days. 2 in particular, would have been when I was still needing them at night. It was back in the cloth diaper days. On one occasion, I remember laying in my crib, I was probably 3 or nearing that age, and my mom was getting me ready. I can remember her starting down at me, with the diaper pins held in her mouth. I became upset suddenly, because I thought she had stuck herself in the lip with one. I thought this, because she had chapped lips, and she said ouch! I asked her, did you stick yourself in the lips? But she said no, and it was ok, she only had chapped lips was all. It confused me because, I really didn’t understand what chapped lips mean, so I still thought she did actually stick herself. But, the pins were placed into my thick night time diapers, and she pulled up the plastic pants, and the side of the crib was pulled up for the night.
My other memory, was probably about the same time. I can remember running through the house, with a pair of plastic pants on my head, and I was yelling, RUBBER PANTS, RUBBER PANTS! Mom sometimes called them rubber pants, even though they were plastic. It was the early 60’s, and most people used plastic pants by then, but there were still plenty of moms who knew rubber pants, so it was like a generic term. Anyway, I believe I was put up to putting the plastic panties on my head, by my older sister, who thought it would be funny. That may have been one of the contributing factors, for my attraction to plastic pants, and diapers.

I was not potty trained until I was almost seven so I actually remember being potty trained, and I have never grown out of bedwetting.

Reactions: NappyP
jakece said:
My first memory is back to when I was about 6 and We were going for family holiday starting with 12 hours ride. My brother at age 3 was put back to diapers in case it wont be possible to stop, even he was potty trained, but with night accidents.
I had the same only I did get a diaper for car rides. If we can not stop I was going to wet myself so I was in diapers on car rides until like 12.

I don't remember wearing diapers, but I do remember the day I was potty trained. It was either a spring or summer day. I was confused, as I had an older brother, that when he got in troubled he was not allowed to go out (I was 4 he was 8)
And on that day I was being kept in the house but I wanted to go outside and play with my little sister, and I was confused as what I did wrong.

I was potty-trained at age 5 maximum

I think i was in diapers for a while, like till maybe around 5 or so. Then when they got taken away from me i didnt like that and wanted to be back in them ever since lol

shytweenie said:
I remember a few times back when I was a baby still in diapers. I could remember this one time I was wet, and I touched my diaper to see how wet it was. I also remember the other time I was in pull ups and I kept saying burrito, and I tripped over. Later when I was five or so I had a couple dreams that my kindergarten crush was in diapers and so was I and my feelings for diapers started to grow. Then I was eight years old, I wanted to try diapers again so I put on some of my brothers pull ups training pants to see. And I loved it. Those are some early memories of being in a diaper and being a diaper lover
Ilovetocook said:
I think I must have been about seven watching my mum changing my younger brother’s nappy. Back in those days terry cloth nappies worn with plastic pants were still very common. I remember asking mum if she would put one on me before I went to bed that evening...she duly obliged!! The memory is still so vivid it’s as if it was yesterday. The feeling of warmth and coziness was absolute bliss and I think she recognized this, because a couple of evenings later I discovered she had left a little stash of both nappies and plastic pants in my bedroom. Today I’m a 59 year old man and mum is still going strong ...sometimes I wonder should I tell her I’m still wearing😀😀
This is so sweet!

Reactions: tam1623
I remember asking my mom one day to change my diaper. I remember getting it changed in the hallway

Wore diapers until I was 6 going on 7.
I do remember wearing pull-ups, including Toy Story and Looney Tunes

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
I was about 8years old and my friend was around the same age he wore diapers at night and one morning I went to his place and started playing video games and noticed he had a diaper on and I got curious and looked around for one found them under the bathroom sink and I put one on for the day I was Instant my hooked for life I love diapers

dlman23 said:
I was about 8years old and my friend was around the same age he wore diapers at night and one morning I went to his place and started playing video games and noticed he had a diaper on and I got curious and looked around for one found them under the bathroom sink and I put one on for the day I was Instant my hooked for life I love diapers
He or she was still wearing his or her night diaper? Did you talk about diapers?

Hakanloaim said:
He or she was still wearing his or her night diaper? Did you talk about diapers?
He was still in his night diaper I did say something about diapers and he ran off on a bike ride we were taking so I didn’t say anything more

I've got a really good memory and can remember a lot of my time in nappies as a child. I've shared it all before in my origin story Here

I honestly can not recall ever being in a true diaper and plastic underpants. I was potty trained around age 2 - 3 from what my mother told me. I do recall at age 4 watching TV one night and wearing plastic underpants over my training underwear but this was normal to me before bedtime at that age (still had off/ on nighttime bw issues) but for the first time I thought if someone came to the door (my bed time was around 7:30 - 8 pm and it was still light out in the summer) they would see me in just my pj top and my pp and training underwear. I went to the couch and pulled a blanket up over my protective undergarments and I recall vividly my bubblegum colored pp and trying to adjust it so it covered my lower half yet it being summer it was hot so I had my legs still sticking out.

I have three specifically but the memories are spotty:

Not sure how old I was but I was hiding in the gap behind the TV to poop...there was a new bag of Huggies Supreme in the living room on the end table near the sofa so I'm guessing I was wearing them.

One was having really a bad diaper rash and getting some diaper cream put on while I was crying and resisting it. I was older for that one, probably closer to preschool age.

The third one was being in Montessori school and there being a bag of pullups for nap time next to the cots. Not sure If i actually wore them at nap time. But I had a really bad poop accident that I remember vividly that year so its plausible that I got a pullup.

I struggled with undiagnosed encopresis from the time I was potty trained until I was around 12 years old so I have a ton of memories of messing my underwear and getting cleaned up, but I never actually got put back into diapers for that despite constant threats that I would be.

Reactions: wetaccident
I remember a few snippets from my diapered days. No idea what order they happened in.

In one, my older sister patted me on the rear-end. I accused her of hitting me, but she corrected me.
In another, my was changing me. I remember her saying "yuck."
I also remember dipping my diaper in the kiddie pool and my aunt coming out to stop me.
A couple times I apparently pooped while my diaper was off.

I also have a few memories of wearing regular pullups to bed some time before switching to Goodnites, and possibly the switch itself.

I recall the earliest memory of being in a Pull-Up was probably when I was two or three.

For diaper diapers, I would've also been two or one. But Pull-Ups have stuck within me when I was a little older- like two or three.

But the first time I recalled wearing the 90's Goodnites was about the age of four or five.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
When I was a kid I had no issue and I’ve never over heard anything about having issues with toilet training, I recall asking my mom “do I still have to wear diapers” I couldn’t have been more than two maybe the beginning of three

Back